You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Night In The Woods

Real Ghost Stories

My Night In The Woods

 

After the harsh review of my last story I figured let's write a new one. I do not know all of what had happened that night. But I do stand by the fact in it that they are all true. I will not use the infamous filing system I invented instead it will be more straight foreward.

Recently I decided to go camping with a few of my buddies. I have one friend who is from the west and is a full blooded Navajo indian. While we were out we were talking about anything and everything. I promise there were no drugs or alchohol near us. The area we were in was a small clearing with a stream in the middle. This is one of my favorite places in the world. In the middle of the clearing is the stone that years ago was hit by lightning, or so we believe, and looks almost like a chair. On this night we did what we normally do we put bramble around our camp made the fire pit and laid out our sleeping bag.

This is during hunting season. 2 of us kept watch out of habit. Around midnight I was woke up for my turn since I needed to use the restroom I went to the small pit we dug for this reason. As I was doing my business I for some reason was looking at the rock and it looked like there was a man sitting there from his garb I'd say he was a Cherokee.

Next thing I know fleet foot my Navajo friend says in an eerie voice "A li s de lv di A li s de lv di", I used the phonectics here, the weird part is my navajo friend doesn't speak Cherokee but he spoke it. It was then that I noticed an arrow sticking out of the mans midsection. Now the only reason I know he was speaking in Cherokee is because I know a bunch of Cherokees and have heard the language before.

Right now I'm trying to learn the language and that is one of the first things they teach you. Now the rest of the night was quiet uneventful. Because after saying this my friend started falling and I caught him and in doing so looked away from the stone. When I looked back the stone was empty.

Now this may have just been a dream but it felt too real for that to be true.

Other hauntings by SirAader

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SirAader, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SirAader (2 stories) (10 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-08)
the phonetics mean help I accidentaly posted it twice beacuse my laptop is crazy. Fleet foot is a name change. Friend 3 did sleep through it. [at] geetha I ain't you I love the outdoors and the supernatural and stuff like tha does not bother me.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-06)
Can't help it here but I have to lean towards the BS theory. Moongrim has made really good points here. If you could answer to his points, then there is a good possibility that your story could be believable.

I have several questions myself:
(1) What is "Fleet Foot"?
(2) What does "A li s de lv di A li s de lv di" mean?
(3) What did your friend say about what he experienced?
(4) I take it that you experienced this "paranormal" event within minutes of waking up. That meant that your third friend must not have dosed off enough not to hear the commotion. He would have woken up, right? Did he say anything?
(5) In the case that your friend was in a deep sleep, did you tell your third friend what happened?
(6) I don't know but if I saw something so close, I would pack and move (even if it was in the middle of the night). Why did you stay the night?
BlakeBeatdown (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
aznkage8 I wouldn't dismiss the thought of lightning not having any connection whatsoever though. I supernaturals would possibly be attracted to energy hot spots. Just from personal experience (belief), they have used energy from electronic devices to communicate. I'm not saying yes or no to this theory, but it's something to think about before dismissal. Lightning is a huge burst of energy also affecting the magnetic fields, which supernaturals are believed the derive/live from.

But still calling this a BS story, just wanted to inspire some thought.
BlakeBeatdown (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
Well his other story is just an atrocious attempt at boosting self-worth by saying him and his 10 year old friends did a paranormal investigation with the mayors consent, and now he's a successful investigator. He's just killin time.
aznkage8 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-05)
It did seem a bit fake, I don't think that lightning has anything to do with the supernatural
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
Hmm. All a bit far fetched to me. Sorry to be skeptical here, but I think Moongrim has several good points.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-03)
So a bunch of phonetics, and you immediately can recall that it was Cherokee... Did you ever ask your friend what it was he was speaking? Ever consider the very real possibility that he may have spoken Navajo?
I applaud your ability to differentiate between Navajo and Cherokee Amer-indians in the middle of the night.
I take it that you never thought to mention this encounter to your friend: Fleet Foot? Combined with your "infamous" filing system...
Hynogogic Dreams often do feel real.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: