You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Linked Events?

Real Ghost Stories

Linked Events?

 

I don't exactly know where to start. I'll give a bit of background first. My name is Kennedy, I'm from the United States, and I'm a 13 honors student. My parents are split up, and I have a step-dad with my mom and 2 brothers, ages 1 and a half and 4, and my dad has a girlfriend with 2 girls ages 6 and 13. I don't know if these chains of events are related or not, and a lot of them are spread out over the years of my life.

The first real experience I've ever had was maybe after my grandmother died. She died in September of 2006, when I was 8 years old. Me and her were really close, and we always would hang out together when I was younger. After she died, I starting having strange dreams about her. She would be floating in the air for a few seconds, then dissapear. Then that would be the end on my dream. One night, when I was about 9 and at my mom's house, I woke up about 3:30. I looked around my room and thanks to the small light that my night light gave off, I saw a gray figure standing in my bedroom doorway. I didn't know what to do so I screamed and ran into my parents' bedroom. I told them that there was someone in the hallway, but they didn't believe me. They sent me back to bed, and I couldn't fall asleep until the morning.

Now to give a bit of background on my dad: When I was 2, after my mom and him split up, (They were never married.) he started dating a lady with a special-needs son. (I'm going to call her 'Mary' and him 'Jordan'.) When my dad started dating Mary, Jordan was 8. When Jordan turned 11, he had some type of seizure and died, right in my house that I still live in today. After my dad and Mary broke up due to not getting along, my dad started dating 'Casey'. She had 1 cat, and I had 1 dog. One night, when I was trying to fall asleep in my dad's house, my bed started shaking. It was so scary for me, especially as a 10 year old. It stopped after about 30 seconds, but the shaking was very violent. I knew that there was no pet in the room, because I had checked like I did every night, because either of them would have to use the bathroom at some point, and I did not want waste on my carpet. I got up and turned on the light, checked my door, it was shut. My windows were also shut.

More recently, at my mom's house I've been hearing footsteps, doors shutting, and other things. One night I got up to use the bathroom. After washing my hands, I walked towards the door. I swore I could hear a childs voice coming from in the kitchen or the computer room. I couldn't make out what it said, but it was NOT any of my brothers. It sounded like a girl maybe 5 or 6 years old. I was too scared to go out into my hallway, so I sat on the floor of my bathroom until I could muster up the courage to go outside and into my room.

Last month, I decided to go visit my grandmother's house, and spend the night. They built the house themselves, it's only 20 years old, and they're the only ones who ever lived in it. The room they prepared for me felt a little weird by myself, so I went into their room to sleep with them in their bed. Around 2 A.M., I found that my grandmother went into the living room to sleep, maybe because I usually thrash around at night. I fell back asleep and about an hour later, and I had a horrible nightmare. It was about me wandering the halls in their house, and something was following me. I woke up to something touching my foot from the side where my grandmother sleeps. They have a dog, but it sleeps on the floor in a crate, and I watched my grandfather latch it. I got up and ran to my grandmother in the living room, not my grandfather because he wouldn't wake up anyway because he has very minimal hearing. She said it was just a dream and made me a bed on the couch that was next to her. She fell back asleep instantly, but I was so freaked out that I watched T.V. Until the morning.

I can't really see how these events are related, but maybe they are. F.Y.I. I have never even touched an Ouija board, or done anything related to that. But I can admit that I am addicted to those shows on T.V. About ghost hunting.

Other hauntings by GodlyGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GodlyGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GodlyGirl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
Moongrim-
Thanks for the tips. I may use some of them.
Nysa-
I don't know. It was really scary.
Raccoonbonapart-
I have never experienced a tremour here.
Parrotpig104-
Me too! There so interesting.
ParrotPig104 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
I am completely the same! I'm also addicted to those TV programs and creepy books and stories. 😊

ParrotPig104
raccoonbonapart (1 stories) (21 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
I think the shaking bed could also possibly be an earth tremor, depending on location. I traveled in Guatemala (which is in an earthquake zone) and was a little freaked out by a shaking bed, and it turned out to be an earth tremor. I don't know if this is a common thing in New Jersey though.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the shaking bed? I have been reading ghost stories that people have reported as true accounts for 20+ years & a shaking bed was very rare in an account until a few years ago. I got out several of my older anthologies to make sure that observation was accurate. Now it is an event mentioned frequently in accounts of paranormal activity. Do you think this represents a new kind of haunting? Something that was not previously linked with supernatural occurrences so not reported in the past? A kind of poltergeist-type activity that is now prevalent because it is expected behavior? Or something else?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-14)
Maybe this might help you laddie:

Http://www.hollowhill.com/guide/ifghost.htm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: