You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Graveyard Entities

Real Ghost Stories

Graveyard Entities

 

I just started experiencing whatever is going on, and it is really scaring me. A few weeks ago, my sister and I went to the local graveyard to test out this ghost radar I got in the appmarket for my droid. (That's my phone if you didn't know) I didn't think it would really work. It's just a circle with lines around it and a scanner and if there is a so called "apparition" nearby, a dot appears on the scanner in the direction it is.

There was a slight breeze that day and it was sunny. We got near the graveyard and the scanner started going crazy. Dots were appearing everywhere, red, yellow, and green dots. The colors meaning the strength of the so called entity, red being the most present and green being the least. A word or phrase appears at the top of the screen sometimes, like something to do with their death or whatnot. A large amount of phrases and words began appearing, some names and some frightening words like "hanged" or "murder".

The creepiest part of the whole equation was when a name appeared. The name was Peter. My sister and I started wondering if the Peter that appeared was an inhabitant of the graveyard. We started looking at gravestones and we actually found one that said Peter Longs. It was a little scary, but then again there is a lot of people named Peter in the world. We started talking to the so called spirits, like I said, "Is there anyone here with us that would like to share things via my radar?" I started getting replies like crazy, random words and phrases were blazing around like a wildfire. We then started to go home because it as getting near dinner time.

Everything was good from then on for about 2 days. My whole family started hearing footsteps, knocks, bangs, etc. My sister said that she heard her name called and then a bottle of her perfume flew off of her shelf and across the room. I later starting seeing shadows and hearing muffled talking in the room next to me, even when nobody would be in there. Everything was starting to scare me so I spoke out to them and told whatever was plaguing my family that it had to leave my home. Everything was quiet and back to normal until the next night, when was laying in my bed trying to sleep. I felt really cold, all of a sudden and my TV turned on really quick and then it turned back off again. I went to my sisters room and I saw her sitting up in her bed looking really frightened. I asked her what was the matter and she said that her TV turned on and off again. I told her that the same thing happened to me. We were both scared as can be so I just slept in her room that night.

The most recent and scariest experience I have had was when I was home alone one night because my family was out at the store and I didn't want to go. I was just watching TV and then the channel flipped. The remote was all the way across the room when that happened. Later I got in the shower and as I was washing my hair I heard a knock on the bathroom door. Then the door swung open and one of the knobs on the cabinet hanging on the wall fell to the floor. I was so scared that I called my mom and I went to my neighbors' house until they got home.

Everything that is happening is really scaring me and I was just wondering if it had anything to do with the graveyard or anything else. I don't use Ouija boards or anything of the such.

If you could help me on how to get rid of these things in my house it would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by GodlyGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GodlyGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GodlyGirl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-12)
Chadlee;
I've always had paranormal activity around me and in my home.
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
They have apps for finding ghosts and being able to track them sounds sketchy to me. Anyways if your app was working for some reason and you were communicating with a spirit maybe it followed you or latched on to you and the spirt may be in you house now. Was there any paranormal activity before you went to the graveyard?
GodlyGirl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-09)
Thanks for clearing that up Rook, I didn't know that could happen. I guess I don't have spirits in my home then...
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
GodlyGirl,

Great question...

Poltergeist activity has a recorded history of seeming to center around teenagers...let's call it a 60 / 40 split Girls to boys (young ladies to young men) and the same entering puberty. The energy developed by the individuals body as it goes through this change in life seems to trigger psychokinetic activity (the mind moves objects or causes sounds) or an actual spirit or entity is attracted to that individual and becasue of it access to a good source of energy is able to manifest itself by moving objects, making sounds...ect. In either case the activity fades and eventually ends as the this period of growth and 'energy generation' completes it cycle for the individual in question.

Now take two excited young ladies, that are interested in the paranormal and have come home from an exciting test of this 'Ghost Radar' Application they have downloaded... The energy of this excitement may have been enough to stir up poltergeist... If we take into account that this 'energy' was multiplied by two (you and your sister) then the chance is better that you may have had a shared poltergeist experience.

I hope that helps. Please ask any other question you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
[at] GodlyGirl,
And anyone else who may have questions about these Ghost Radar Apps for your cell phone. These are a novelty item. They are not meant to actually detect spiritual activity. As I have explained in my previous post, the type of detection devices used to pick up strength and fluctuation in magnetic fields are precision instruments. They don't spell out words from a data base. They are not offered as software to load onto your phone, ipad, or whatever. Look into purchasing an actual Electro-Magnetic Field Detector, not the type they make for ghost hunting these days either. Google these things, look at the prices for the ones professional electricians use. Hell. Just look at the going price for a decent metal detector. They start at around $200 on the low end, and can go into the thousands of dollars. You pay for precision and accuracy. These are expensive tools.
They are not free. And they cannot be made into an app that you can download off the internet.
So if you have one on your phone, just know that it is for entertainment purposes only. It will never find a ghost for you.
But don't stop having fun with these apps. That is what they are for.

Jav
GodlyGirl (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Granny;
I didn't do any of the things that you saidin the graveyard. I didn't do any thing disrespectful.
Butthead;
I don't know if the words are imprinted in the app...
Rook;
My sister is the same age as me. I'm sorry if I sound dumb I was just wondering if it actually worked. And how could it trigger poltergeist activity?
Jav;
Good analogy.
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Oh By the way I am sure some say Type App Free Ghost Radar or something along like and of course Can read like Murder or others words [at] Cristos0907 it is free and I try But Still Don't believe stuff just to check out that all.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Ibelieveheshere,

Do I understand you correctly? You want an explanation why the 'word generator' on the Ghost Radar APP for your Cellphone or handheld device displays words like murder or others... Others like what...dead, dying? Coffin, Crypt? Kill, Killer?

Ok, here's the explination the application called Ghost Radar has a random word generator program 'built into it'. It was designed to display words when the 'Radar' detects 'Spirits/Entities'. Which is something this computer 'software' program cannot actually do. It cannot detect the energy of a Spirit/Ghost/Non-Human Entity because your phone or other handheld device was only designed to pick up cellphone and or WiFi (wireless computer) signals. A 'software' program cannot and has never been able to change the physical characteristics of any device...software, by design, can only add or change a program (which is electronic 'code' and not a 'physical' componet) on the device in question.

I hope that answers your question.

Respectfully,

Rook
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Hello, Ghost Rader App on your phone I have that too and You explain like words murder or some name I have that too. Very Interest.
Cristos0907 (13 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Doesn't it say somewhere on the app description that it's not a real ghost detector? I hope you didn't pay for the app. 😕
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Thank You Rook! I was starting to write something long and drawn out about this very thing. I tossed it out of frustration. Instead, I'll just give a little example...

I have a metal detector. This device can tell me how big an item is, how deep it is buried, and what that item is likely to be. I can dial out stuff I don't want. Trash items like flip tops, bottle caps, aluminum cans, and metal utility pipes can be a nuisance, so I dial them out. I have found some pretty amazing treasures with this device, it has paid for itself several times over. The thing about a metal detector is that it has only one function, to find metallic objects above and below ground.
Now, if I found an app that claimed it could enhance my cellphone and somehow make it possible to use as a metal detector, I would shake my head knowing that there are people out there who might believe this could be possible.
Please folks, detection devices are not something that can be incorporated into cellphones. To pick up a magnetic field, the device being used would have to have magnetic properties. That isn't something that can be delivered to your phone over the Internet.

Jav

~~A magnet will drain the battery on your phone so fast that you really would think you found activity! I call that a double burn...~~ 😐
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Yeah, I have to agree with Rook. It sounds like this app gave you false hopes, which brought on the poltergeist activity. The name of the app even smells fishy (ghost radar?).

Thank you for sharing though
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Ok, I went back and finished reading this and I couldn't help but notice a few of things...

1st: Your a teenager, I do not mean this in a negative way, but it may be a factor in your experience.

2nd: Your TV's turned On/Off. Is there a chance that you both were in your rooms, no other lights on and the power fluctuated? The fact that it happened to both TV's at the same time points to a more 'natural occurrence' rather than a paranormal one.

3rd: Back to the 'teenager' theme... I wonder if your excitement over your 'Ghost Radar' experience may have triggered poltergeist activity with-in your home... Double the chance of this happening if your sister is also a teenager...

I repeat, the 'Ghost Radar' is a 'sham'...There is a very good chance that this 'Radar' taps into your phones built in 'GPS' and based on it's location... In your case near a graveyard... Because of this it generates lots of 'dots' in various colors... Additionally because there are so many 'dots' being displayed the 'voice generator' assigns each 'dot' a word or phrase so that it seems as if there are many, many spirits inhabiting the cemetery that you were near on the day in question.

Just my 'practical' view on this experience and my Opinion concerning the 'Ghost Radar App'.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
(Climbing on his Soapbox, He clears his throat, and begins...)

GodlyGirl,

I did not finish reading your experience as I had to stop and ask this question...

Just how did the application you downloaded physically change your 'Droid' phone so that it could detect electromagnetic energy?

I'll answer that... IT DID NOT! Your 'Droid' phone is still just a 'Droid' phone. It is not able to detect 'Spirits or Ghosts' because it has two main functions, 1ST: It's a Cellphone. 2nd: It's a handheld computer.

Neither of these 2 things... Other than in 'camera' or voice recorder mode has a chance in HADES of catching the 'energy' of a disembodied spirit or 'non-human' entity. I also second Granny's thoughts concerning your TV acting up... Or perhaps your cable/sat provider was experiencing broadcast difficulties.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Heck I'll YELL it if I have to... The 'Ghost Radar' Apps are a 'SCAM' as they cannot, do not, physically reconfigure your handheld device so that it can detect the 'energy' of a disembodied spirit or 'non-human' entity. Thank you.

(Climbs off Soapbox)

Respectfully,

Rook
butthead (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
This App thing for your phone, I don't get that exactly. For the words to appear like you say they did, are they not simply words already imprinted into the app/tool/ thing that randomly appear when the lights go crazy, to add spookyness?
Does sound more than a co-incidence this happened at a prime location such as a graveyard though, the thing working as it did I mean.
Anyway, many 'tools' for communication, can (I believe) open up interaction from spirits which if used incorrectly can encure after effects. A prime talked about example of course being the ouija board.
There are other communcation tools that are supposed to be as ''open to spirits'' as the ouija, and perhaps you have one?

I've used ouija's many times. Yet not in a graveyard despite spending investigations there a fair few times. But the one thing I always do, with that board or other means of communcation. Or when I leave any venue/location for that matter, is to insist that all spirits stay where they are and do not follow anyone home, and politely thanking and in cases such as using the ouija, making sure you say goodbye properly.
Especially in such a location where many 'different' types of spirits would probably be lingering.

Its just my thoughts, and I know it's of little help now.
Being young and full of energy, while also coming across as wanting to communicate, probably did get a lot of spirits interested in your presence indeed.

There's a guy on here who will no doubt pass you an reputidly effective house clearance method, which you should probably consider. Rook or something is his name I believe.

As hard as it can be at times, try and remind yourself that its YOUR home and no one elses. Perhaps telling it in the name of jesus or any religion of your faith, that this is your home and in the lords name you order it to leave. But you also have to sincere and stern, and mean it.
I believe it to have helped me before with the feeling of unwanted... Presences... In my room. 1 idea anyway, if you do ever feel frightened again.

It seems to have a fair amount of energy, of which is probably I believe, fueled by the fear it is trying to create in you and your sister. As impossible as it is at times, try not to put any more fuel on that fire.
You may well need to speak to someone with credited knowledge and experience in such a field (mediums, paranormal investigators, etc... Not one's who will charge you!) who can actualy come to your home, about this. I would seriously consider that anyway.

Really hope things work out

zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-07)
GodlyGirl: I believe every cemetery has an entity that I call a "watcher"...They're there to ensure that anyone who visits remains respectful... From your account, at least what you've told us, it doesn't seem you were being disrespectful in any way... But I'd like you to think back on your visit and see if you can recall anything you or your sister may have done or said that would piss somebody off... Did you walk on someone's grave, take anything from the site, were you keeping to the footpaths and not running all over the place?...Things of that nature...

I'm not one to think that just because you ask a few questions entities are going to automatically cling to you...I've visited many cemeteries in my lifetime and as far as I know no one/thing, with the exception of a girl named Maria, has followed me home...

I suggest that you and your sister go back and sincerely apologise for any thing you may have said or done, even if you think you haven't...Even though some of the things in your story could be explained ie: a neighbor's remote making your TVs wonky, it's better to err on the side of caution and try to make ammends... 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: