You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: New Comer In The House

Real Ghost Stories

New Comer In The House

 

I have had several paranormal experiences in my life, but there are few events stand out to me and some have me a bit confused.

I don't remember it much myself but my family swears to it. My Grandfather passed long before I was born so I didn't know him at all. However when I was around three years old we had a big apple tree outside I would constantly go out there, my mother would look out and see me talking to, well, "no one". When mother would ask who I was speaking to, the answer was always the same, "Your daddy."

The next few started when my Godmother, who I was very close to, passed. I'd heard strange noises but I disregarded them as the house creaking. I'd feel watched, but I thought only to be my over active imagination.

One night I was at home working on some dance choreography, I was alone windows covered, doors shut, and the only light was the one above. Using my cellphone's video recorder to record my dancing I captured a circular object that is transparent and doesn't follow any pattern; it circles, zigzags, and moves up and down. My Godmother didn't live with us so is it possible that she is just following family?

The next few have been slightly unnerving. My friend and I were trying to get more proof of what I'd seen. While sitting in the other room I looked into the living room and saw a white mist. I later set my mother's bird that makes sound when it senses movement in the same spot, it went off with no one in the room.

Also, when sleeping I wake up feeling watched and honestly I feel very disturbed, almost violated. I'm also always very, very afraid. Even the animals act odd at this time which is always between two and four am.

Lately there seems to be a new comer in the house, and oddly my sisters home to. No one in family smokes and the smell of cigar and cigerette smoke has been smelled ever since my nephew was born. It is just one spot to you could smell it very strongly take two steps and it will be gone.

I'm just asking for explanations. Also can people be haunted instead of places?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, September13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-20)
Have you tried finding out if someone like your grandfather has smoked cigars while he was alive? Like Moongrim said, smells are also said to be connected with the paranormal.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-19)
Yes people can be haunted, as such. And smells have been interpreted as another way of identifying spirits.

Http://www.ghostresearch.org/articles/faq.html
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-18)
Your experiences are not, in my opinion, definitive. Some of them could be easily attributed to things not paranormal, others not as easily. Your main question, about people being haunted, is easier to answer. We assume that at least some "ghosts" are the spirits or souls of formerly living people. We have no good reasons to believe that they are not as free to do as they please as they were in life, though observed behavior suggests they may be physically limited to some degree. As such they would not be confined to any area unless they confined themselves there in some way. So if a ghost chose to follow a person, or check in on them at times, that person would be, in a sense, haunted. By the way, it is nice to think that what you recorded might have been your godmother dancing with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: