You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: As A Child, Could I Have Had Help From A Spirit?

Real Ghost Stories

As A Child, Could I Have Had Help From A Spirit?

 

When I was less than 2 years old I gave my parents and family a heart attack. My mother and father had laid me down for bed like any given normal night. We lived in a first story apartment at the time, and I can't remember it at all, so I can't really give a layout to it.

Well after everyone had went to bed I had escaped. Not only my crib and bedroom, but of the apartment completely. One of my parents woke up to check on me and I was gone. Just like in a scene from one of those kidnapped movies. Gone and no note was left. My parents were scared out of their minds.

The sliding door was left wide open. For over an hour my mom, dad and eventually uncle search high and low for me, but no luck. They knew something was seriously wrong. Panicked and not really knowing what to do, the next step was to call the police, as my mother went to call when here comes a friend of my father's holding me in his arms.

He said "I saw the little guy walking down the side walk by himself in only a diaper and with a bottle hanging from his mouth, I recognized him immediately and picked him up and brought him back here. Luckily, I did. He said he was going to the store to get candy."

Good thing he found me or I might not be here today. I can't help, but think how it all happened. Clearly my crib was closed, and the sliding door was locked. How did all of this happen? My parents are great parents and never neglectful. They would never have left either one unlocked.

Yet, I got out. As not even 2 years old I just don't think I could have done it alone. Sliding doors are pretty hard to open when they are unlocked and the handles tend to be pretty high up for a toddler. This only ever happened once. I never did it again or even tried to do it again.

This is why I think I could have received help from a spirit. How would I get out of my crib, especially if it was one of those that didn't have a side that opened up? If I did manage to climb up and over, being so young I definitely would have hurt myself and had cried over the monitor eventually waking my parents up.

With all that I don't think this is easily explained and that's why I think it okay to bring in the possibilities of paranormal help. Or maybe I was just a child Houdini? Just looking for some opinions... Thanks for reading!

Other hauntings by Kuhlmad

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kuhlmad, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
I absolutely look forward to sharing it and getting input on it. It is very strange! 😲
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
😨 Sounds great! There are a lot of stories to be posted, but I'm sure they will be caught up soon and you will be able to submit your experience. 😁
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
It is something I couldn't explain or reenact. It happened a few months ago and I just can't explain it. You'll have to wait for more, until they open up the submission page again. I don't want to ruin it! 😲
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
Yeah this is an awesome site.:) any hints about your next submission? 😉
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
Yeah, you'll have that, but it still seems the site is pretty active! My next submission is much better than my others. I'm excited to tell it! 😁
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
You know how things can be on a site like this. We have had our ups and downs. I'm looking forward to your next submission!
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
Thanks so much! Things have been well!:) How have things been around here?
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
Welcome back! Glad to have you here with us again. Hope all is well with you.:)
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-02)
Hello Everyone, I am back. Been a busy year or so, I have just been reading stories here and there when I got time, but I'm back for good! Got another story to submit soon! Missed you guys!
thx11 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
A few things - JC said in the bible that every child has their Guardian agent but in your situation it does not apply. Have you guys out there evere heard of instanteosuly transmigration or sponteaously self-levitaiton? This is a very rare and unsual occurence but it does happened and can happened to to anyone as at a totally subconcious reaction to a very strong instictive impluse to do somethig they want to do and not reslising it. In the case of babes and young kids, this mysterious synergy developes preconceptualy even before they are born and the sunconcionus spirit of a person can just leave the body out of the blue totally wihtout anyone noticing or realsing it.

This is why the famous magician David coppefiled could self-leviate himself into thin air and walk through the great wall of china just like that. It is a technique pracised to a very comsumate level of subconcious trandescantal mediation by the Tibetan lama monks like the Chow Yuan Fatt Bullet proof monk movie. David Copperfiled masterd this art to a very perfected state merging his subconcious into the his natural conciousness but on a child level it is very raw hence the mysteriuos disappearing act. Nothing too spooky or ghostly about it and it is very brave demonstration of this technique. Wonder if the writer has aever thought of devlopinghtis into a carreer? Sounds to me you got a wonderful physique for it. Congrads on this babyhood precognitive self-discovery.
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-25)
One night my son got out of his crib, I came in to check on him and he was gone. I went and got his father and said were is your son?. We looked all over at the time my son was 2 we lived in an old brown stone in Brooklyn N.Y. Well we found him curled up on the floor behind the curtains of one of the tall windows of or brown stone lol!
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-04)
This is one of the best communities I have been a part of, I've never felt more welcome! Thanks everyone!

Jav...You're hilarious!
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
Javelina

If that's controlling yourself, God help us all if you really let loose. Your "slow" night is ending by making my afternoon hyper.

You've made my day, thanks. ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
[at] Emogoddess,
I wasn't going to do this, but now I just can't help it!

Well, maybe her last name is Kent? Little Clark, as a baby, just wanted to check out the garbage trucks? You know, sort of wondering when he would be strong enough to lift one himself? You have to figure that Tonka trucks just wouldn't do for the strongest baby in the world. He was only three weeks old and already window shopping!

This is how a slow night ends sometimes.

Jav 😆 😆
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-01-02)
EmoGoddess

A 3 week old baby can't crawl nor climb onto a windowsill or tell you why it did. Communication is still limited to crying, gurgling etc. At that age, a baby has no concept of what a garbage truck is to want to see it.

I agree it must have been a bit older, say a toddler of 3years?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
EmoGoddess: Are you sure?...Any three week old baby I've seen can't even hold their head up, let alone sit on a window sill or give a crap about a garbage truck LOL!...They can't even really see that well 😆...Um, maybe you mean some other age? 😊
EmoGoddess (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-01)
That's pretty cool. Not to say that an entity did NOT help you out of the crib, however young children are able to do things like this and it happens quite often. When my younger brother was only three weeks old, he somehow managed out of his crib and sat on the windowsil. Or however you spell that. Hah hah. He wanted to watch the garbage trucks.
Back to your situation, I'm not sure you were nessessarily helped OUT of your crib, but there is no doubt in my mind that you were most definately watched over by some guardian while out in the night. I cannot see how the friend could have just stumbled across you after you got out, or how you did not manage to hurt yourself getting out of your crib, outside, and into the town. Be happy you are fortunate enough to have such a guardian. Happy New Year. -NXD!A your personal psychic. Hah, hah.
Argette (guest)
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
Kuhlmad, I saw your comment in the scroll on the right and then went and read your profile. It is definitely good that you were protected by some force on that day for the best of life seems ahead of you now.

On this New Year's Eve, I wish you the very best and welcome you to the community here. I'm a newcomer myself.

Argette, although I will answer to Ardette, too.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
I thought the same thing Jav, look at all these comments. I don't usually tell this story often, but after reading this site for a few months, I figured there might be a little bit more to it than what is on the surface.

As most of you have said, it is probably not so paranormal, but there was no way I was alone, if I was, then I don't think I'd be here today.

Thank so much to everyone that read and posted a comment. I don't have very many stories to tell, but this one is definitely very special and fun to tell and I'm so glad most, if not all, of you enjoyed it!
Verookka (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
What a nice story!

A guardian angel from a little age... This is not so paranormal but it's a wonderful share. I'm glad it all ended up just fine.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-12-30)
Kuhlmad,
Wow! Look what you started here. This is pretty cool. I don't know if you were being watched over by angels or just a mini Houdine myself, but I am happy it all turned out OK.
Even at 2 and 3 years old my kids thought all barriers were challenges. Nothing stops a kid who enjoys a challenge.

[at] Moony,
Trust me, your daughter scaled those shelves, or found another way to get to those crackers. I have caught my kids, sometimes just in time to break their fall. I have sat in wait and observed the little acrobats in action. They're amazing when they think no one's watching. Ever been to "Circus-Circus" in Vegas or Reno? My in laws are in Reno, my husband takes the kids to Circus-Circus while I'm out with my sister. From that day forward it was a nightmare for me. I had to make a rule that there would be no playing Circus in the house. He would lie on his back and launch them into the air with his feet!
I am so glad they are all adults now... ❤
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
It is very common for a 2 year old to jump out of the crib and run out. When my son was 2, he did it many times just about every night. So I don't think it had anything to do with spirit.
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-29)
Thanks for the comments everyone. It's very interesting to read all of your similar experiences. Seems like a more common phenomenon than I thought, kids are very sneaky.

Thanks for reading everyone!
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
Yikes, my daughter got out of her crib, too, but never made it out of the house, just downstairs. I always thought she did it on her own!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
Hi Kuhlmad:

When my kids were old enough to crawl, which at two-years old they were crawling and walking, they were crawling out of the crib. My cribs did not have any slide bars so they would just climb over the top and on their way down they went. Of course, they weren't in the cribs much longer when they started doing this but thankfully, they never fell or hurt themself. From my experience with this, it is certainly possible for you as a two-year-old, to climb out of the crib and venture out. I do however think that someone or some spirit was looking out for you to place the family friend out and about at that time. Could be coincidence, but I always like to think that a higher power had something to do with this.

Interesting story though and not saying that it wasn't something paranormal, but I am just saying that it would be possible for that to happen.

Zeta.
XxRyuzakiGirlxX (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
I have had a few experiences like this as a toddler as well. My mother had searched everywhere and finally found me wandering around the block.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
Kuhlmad - I found your story very interesting considering I experienced something very similar. My little boy "escaped" from his crib when he was a toddler. To this day I have no idea how it happened. Without help from "someone" that is.

If you're interested, you can find the story under my profile. It's called "And They Came." It's a compilation of events, including that one.

I'm glad you were safely found. I cannot imagine the terror your parents felt when they discovered you gone.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
enchantix - I'd be a little careful if I were you. Your profile says you are only 11 years old. Far too young to be on this site.

I think Moongrim's comment is a matter of perception. I didn't take it to be "made up." As for this being a serious site, LOL I don't think you needed to point that out to Moongrim.

This comment from enchantix12 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+7
12 years ago (2011-12-28)
One of my daughters, when she was a toddler, before the others arrived, loved Goldfish crackers. Neither my wife or I much cared for them.
So we kept a big bag of them on the TOP shelf of the pantry, well out of her normal reach.
Upon deciding to give her some for her good behavior one day, I reached up and picked it up off of the shelf, I had to stand on my toes to get it. It was empty. Somehow, the little one managed to not only raid the entire contents of the bag, she also managed to PUT IT BACK.
We had no idea how she could've done it, and she wasn't talking at that age.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: