You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great-grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

Great-grandmother

 

Me & (as we called her) Nanny were very close. Always doing jigsaws together & picking berries. So when she passed, I was crushed, but I was old enough to understand. Those first five months were the hardest for us. But my story starts the Easter the following year she passed.

I was waking up, not completely conscious, when the image of two floating heads appeared above me. The faces were made up of the fuzzy stuff when your TV loses the signal. I could make out the first face, it was my Nanny, the second was of a man I couldn't figure out. Then I suddenly remembered the face from a picture. It was my grandfather, which I have never met, as he had died in a motorcycle accident when my mother was eleven.

My Nanny started talking, her voice was just as I last remembered. I can only remember her saying "I love you & we will meet again." Then they both turned there heads to face the window & disappeared.

I was about five then. After that, I went downstairs & told my mom that I'd seen Nanny. She held me close & only said "Ohh, hun." Then started crying.

Can someone please tell me if that was her or just a dream. There is also some significance to Easter. See Easter was her favorite holiday, because that was when this bush she loved started blooming. & I'm not sure if this is of significance, but the window they looked to is where the sun shines perfectly when is raises. & after they disappeared, it got a tad bright. Please tell me if you think she visited me that night, I would like answers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AshtonLea, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AshtonLea (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
Thank you all for the positive comments! (: & Thank you so much for adding this to your favorites. I truly love the memory of this experience. (:
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
AshtonLea,

I too have had experiences with family coming back.
Ive posted them on here if you would like to read them.
She ovbiously just wanted to let you know that she was happy and at rest:)
I love this story and its going in my faves 😉

Thankyou,
xXelliemayXx ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-19)
AshtonLea,
Why, of course it was your Nanny! She knew you would recognize her and she also knew it would be the perfect time to show up, knowing you would remember as well. Thank you for sharing your sweet, loving experience with us. These are my favorite kind to read.

Jav ❤ ❤ ❤
AshtonLea (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Thank you both very much. & its just one of those early encounters that stick with you through life.
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I have no doubt that you had a wonderful vist form your grandparents. You are lucky to remember it so clearly as you were so young when it happened.
sunset_savage (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
It actually does sound like she visited you. Seems like too many coincidences for it to be a coincidence. It's very sweet that your grandfather came as well. A very beautiful account.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: