You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Demon Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Cat

 

This happened to my brother when I was about 8 years old. My brother was 24 years old at the time. He worked as security in an office building all night long.

Before I get into the story, I'll describe the setting. We had a lot of cats. It started with one cat, and then strays moved in, they multiplied, and we ended up with more than ten cats. The place where we lived was a duplex with a garage that we turned into a house in the back, and a big yard in between. At night, the cats were a problem because they would make a ruckus.

My brother would sleep during the day and wake up around 10pm, when pretty much everybody in the household was asleep. Our bathroom had the sink next to a window looking out toward the yard. As my brother was going through his bathroom routine, he feels that something is watching him. He thought it was nothing and just a figment of his imagination... Until he looked outside.

He saw a cat that was looking at him while sitting on top of one of his cars. He looked at it and he said that what struck him was that its eyes were glowing red. Again it didn't concern him much because he figured that it was just the reflection that cat eyes normally give. He stared at it a bit more and then it's when it happened. He says that as the cat stared back at him, a second head leaned out of the first one and then a third one, all with the same glowing red eyes. It then looked away and jumped off the car.

It's safe to say that it freaked him out. He went and woke up my parents and my oldest sister and they went outside to see if they could see it. They could not find it. Here's the weird part, out of all the cats we had, not one cat was in our backyard. It was as if we had no cats.

He hasn't seen anything like it before or since but he is convinced that it was a demon cat. (if such a thing exists) My brother isn't the type to make things up and the fact that he went to get my parents makes me believe he did see something that night. He went to work that night but nothing happened. He says that he felt that the air was heavy where he worked but that was it. Any thoughts?

Other hauntings by JCAbigbear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JCAbigbear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Weird thing happened to me last night, I always believed in animal totems but always experienced them from a distance in a subtle way... They never liked "appeared"... But last night while lying in my bed, I saw the shadow of a cat rubbing against my bed coming along, and soon as I could blink my eye the black cat turned into a woman with black sleek long hair sitting on my bed, I wasn't alarmed, instead felt protected maybe from the freakish "elf" hahaha... Since I saw her directly after I saw some genome of a shape shifter as well... This was different than my normal visions since the apparitions were fully animate. I wasn't asleep or dreaming while this happened... And since I know cat spirits can shape shift even genomes (goblins) I say this could be highly possible, for a cat SPIRIT to have three heads.

Wierd stuff I saw a genome jumping on my bed again today, like having fun jumping like a kid... But since I ignored it, it vanished.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
JCAbigbear - This may interest you:
Http://www.catchannel.com/vetlibrary/
Article_ask_redeyes.aspx

I don't have a logical explanation for the three heads though.
Saphira (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
And what happened with all the other cats? Have they returned? 😕
JCAbigbear (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
[at] Nysa: The website talked about it would change into a bakeneko after being fed in a place for 13 years and sometimes after 3. We lived in that location for 11 years so it could be one.

I've thought about that maybe it was his eyes that played tricks on him, or that it was a stray. He swears that saw a three headed cat and considering some of my experiences and my family experiences. He might have just seen one.
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I found a website that talks about the Bakeneko & it's variations. Http://www.obakemono.com/obake/bakeneko/
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I dove into my folkloric creatures books after reading this. The only cat-creature I have found is the Bakeneko a Japanese creature which is actually something that regular cats sometimes turn into. Some strange characteristics are attributed to it so I think it could roughly correlate to what your brother saw. Cats have also been linked to magicians for centuries. Sometimes believed to be the magical companions of sorcerers or the magician him or herself in disguise. After what you said about your ancestry in your first story, I wonder if there is a connection? Of course it is entirely possible that in the dark your brother's eyes were playing tricks on him. If your eyes convince your brain that it saw something the sighting seems completely real to you, even if the logical part of you comes up with explanations.
Brier (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I hope no one takes this the wrong way. Animals are weird, cats especially. I think what your brother saw were just normal cats. I take it that your cats are/were outside cats, meaning they, and various strays could come and go at their leisure.
Cats attract other cats, especially if some of them are intact. Some of these cats wouldn't always get along, the strongest cat scares the others, ect.

Cats that would br considered "wild cats " also may have shown up. Most wild cats that I've come across are pretty nasty to other cats, but are terrified of people.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that those were probably wild cats that your brother saw. As for it having three heads, it may have looked like that, but I've seen cats pull off some pretty weird poses.

Another thing you said was that they had red eyes. Cats eyes can look odd when they shine in the dark. I've seen cats that appeared to have red eyes already.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Some animals like cats, dogs and owls are often associated with paranormal happenings. It must be scary to see a cat with 3 heads and red eyes, as if seeing one with red eyes is not enough! Well I have a speculation since you said your brother had just woken up from sleep, its very much possible that what he saw/thought to be as 'cat',there actually weren't any cat, but some other red-lights that might be coming from somewhere nearby...
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
Well I never seen anything like that. There is a type of Jinn (demon) actually most of them that can take on many different forms and perhaps this it what he saw. I saw one once that had the body of a German Shepard and the head of a human with a deformed face, so I believe his story.CREEPY! Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: