You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Black Hooded Figure?

Real Ghost Stories

Black Hooded Figure?

 

I'm a 17 year old female and I think I may have encountered something paranormal or at least a darker being/entity...

Today is Mon Feb. 6, 2012. The night of Fri Feb. 3, 2012 at approx. 11:25pm, I was on my Mac Book Pro and I had the TV on in the background, however I had my headphones in so I couldn't really hear it. I don't remember what I was looking at on the computer, likely Facebook or my email, as well as being on Youtube. Anyways, in the bottom righthand corner of my screen, I could see the entirety of the TV screen reflected in it. I'm used to having my computer here, so this reflection was nothing new to me.

Since I was distracted, I was immediately drawn to look at the reflection in my screen. What appeared to be a black hooded figure quickly walked in front of the TV, clearly blocking out the screen as it walked by. It happened in almost a second, it was so quick. Startled, I sat in my computer chair unmoving... Trying to think through what I thought I just saw. I spent a good 10 minutes trying to recreate it. This included me moving my computer chair from side to side, as it has a tall back and it's black leather... However, I couldn't make it spin in a wide enough degree to move all the way across my screen like this "figure" did. I also tried moving my right hand in the general direction to reflect in the same spot on my screen... But my hand looked like my hand, and I had a green sweater on and that was visible as well.

Sun Feb 5, 2012 I dreamt that I could see in my point of view, yet I saw myself being held/pressed to a dark hooded figures body... Whoever it was had their pale, long arms wrapped around me with their one hand covering my nose and mouth, like they were trying to suffocate me. I remember the point of view me screaming for them to let "her" go. I think that I may have screamed in my sleep "This is my life!" and something about blood. I also remember thinking that I should be quiet because I didn't want to wake my family up. I also kept trying to wake up, but couldn't for the longest time. There was a voice in the dream, I think it was my own, telling me to wake up. I finally rolled over and saw that my clock read 3am. I felt tormented. And still caught up in sleep. Part of me was telling me to wake one of my parents up. But I didn't want to, and I quickly lapsed back to sleep, not before feeling like something was in my room watching me.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before? My friend thought it was maybe a night terror... But I read that you usually have these as a small child and you don't usually remember what happened.

Do you think something/someone may be trying to contact me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Death-To-Juliet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
Night terrors are more common in children but have been known to occur in teens & young adults as well. Some people call any bad nightmares a night terror but that is not accurate. Night terrors happen outside of the REM cycle & are a sleep disorder. My sister had night terrors & sometimes could remember them. The feeling of not being able to wake up is common too because your conscious mind really wants to end the experience. I suspected in my sister's case she may have developed the sleep disorder because of a possibly supernatural experience that was taking place in our home. Whether yours was a true nightmare or a night terror I think it, too, was a by-product of what you saw. If you continue to have these terrors seek medical help because it can become a serious issue. As for what you saw, it might have been something paranormal, if so it is too soon to assume it is a resident of your room or was seeking to contact you. Maybe it was just passing by. If strange things continue to happen keep looking for explanations & keep track of them, a journal is often recommended when an experience may point to a "visitation". In my opinion your dreams should not be considered hauntings, but will tell you a lot about how you are dealing with what may be a haunting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: