You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Was It A Sign?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It A Sign?

 

Just this past Thursday, my boyfriend, son and I all took a trip to visit my parents who live about an hour drive away. It was just a regular visit. We had stopped in to see my grandparents, went home to put my son to bed and then sat back to have some good ol' conversation. We were all downstairs in the basement, when my mom and dad started talking about my moms uncle (who is still living) and how much of a great guy he is and how much of a skilled carpenter he is minus his drinking, and a few bad choices in life but was a good man and would do anything for them all in all.

When all of a sudden our basement light went out... We all looked at each other, and me being the believer I am had made the comment "Holy Crap I think someone is listening and wants to let us know their here." My mom, I would consider her a skeptic, my dad not so much. He let's on like he does not believe in ANYTHING past this life itself. But to my suprise he responded, "or maybe its a sign that something bad is going to happen, I hope not." a few seconds, maybe a minute later the light came back on. We all didn't think much of it and shrugged it off as maybe the light was loose or going dead... And our night conversation contunied with good fun and laughs.

Anyway, Saturday afternoon rolls around and my boyfriend and I are home painting our bathroom when I get a call from my grandparents regarding my grandfathers Brother. She informed me that Thursday night he was at home and had a massive heart attack. They had revived him but had him on life support and sadly informed the family that he was brain dead.

What I found odd and maybe just a coincidence is that my great uncle who passed away was the twin brother of the uncle that we were talking about the same night that the lights had shut off and on... Just thought it was odd enough to share with you all and get your thoughts or opinions. Have a good one!

Other hauntings by jzinck

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jzinck, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-08)
Firstly sorry to hear about your uncle, indeed I think this is a subtle sign from him that he wanted you to notice. Many events like these have been experienced by people all over the world when a loved one has had a near death experience. You should feel blessed to have witnessed it. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
It seems most likely that it was, as you first thought, a loose bulb or electrical hiccup of sorts. However, in these situations I believe you have to go with what you feel. Whether it was actually caused by one of your uncles, was a more general sign or omen, or was an eerie coincidence, if the event has significance to your family, it was a significant event.
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
I heard of people who had near death experiences, that while on life support, went out of their body and can see themselves lying in bed, people around them, and even hear conversations and see people that are somewhere else. Perhaps your uncle heard you speak about his brother, and wanted to let you know he can hear you. I would say it could have been something like a sign yes.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
I would probably go with your idea as well. I've had a message come to me when a loved one passed. Even though he hadn't passed on physically, he did get a message across in the time he had before being declared brain dead. And for that message to come by way of the light turning off and on seems very symbolic. Treasure that moment he gave you, it was his last concious gesture, and he chose to share it with all of you.❤
Sorry for the sad news about your uncle. 😢

Jav ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: