You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Hearing Things?

Real Ghost Stories

Hearing Things?

 

This happens a lot what I am about to tell you but I am needing help with it as I'm not sure if I am the cause of it (hearing things) or if something more sinister is going on. I would be on my own in the house usually upstairs on the computer and would hear my parent's car park up by the house, I hear the sound of them opening the car boot, open and shut the front door and call up to me telling me they are back which they always do. I call down to say I'll be down to them in a minute and when I do there's no one there. I usually call them and they would be still out miles away from the house. It really creeps me out and has been happening quite frequently over the past 3-4 months.

Its just me, my parents, 1 dog inside and 1 outside. No one else and yet I hear them when they go out. When they are gone shopping I hear them come in with the bags, plonk them up on the table, take out the items and put them in the fridge, cupboard all the while talking amongst each other. As soon as I reach the stairs its eerily quiet all around. When they go out walking with the dogs, I hear the same thing minus the shopping and one of the dogs bark when being let out of the car, the front door opens and the dogs are put out the back for a while, which is what always happens when they are definitly back. But when I call them, I can hear the wind in the background and they keep cutting off due to the poor network coverage in the mountains, so I know they are not at home.

I would just like to know what is going on, thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Casper_the_ghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Casper_the_ghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sophia13 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-27)
I do not believe this is a residual haunting. One question to you, if your parents are well and alive why would you be hearing your parents and dogs come in? In a 'residual haunting' I would not expect to hear the living involved in a re-enactment of their daily lives.

I certainly understand the concept of 'living residual'- if so why is it occurring so frequently. I am aware of energy marks being left on the environmental surroundings. I do question why this is occurring and if perhaps you have inevitably invited an entity into your home through greeting who you thought were your parents.

Have you discussed this with your parents yet? Have you had other unusual experiences of late?

Does your dog react when you are experiencing this?
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Lou, thank you for sharing woooh that's creepy. I think its more creepy that its not ghosts but this residual haunting *shudder*. There seem to be many unexplained phenomena that happens in this world.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Wow Jav, that has really really helped, you have said all the things I needed to hear. I am so happy to have found out what's been happening and that its not me simpily gone cuckoo 😆. Thank you so much, I read it through a few times, it just makes sense.

No wonder your so liked on YGS, you have a talent for solving these things. You're so brainy, thank you immensely for helping. ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Your welcome Tracy, glad you found it useful. You can thank DARKNESS for pushing me a long time ago about it, if he hadn't have questioned me on what I was thinking about, I might never have kept looking for answers. 😁

Jav ❤
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
Thanks Jav I been wonder why I have that problem like casper _ the _ ghost have I only hear door open/Shut things that I thought was my mother or stepdad but when I get up and check it wasn't one of them so now I read what you explain Jav that I understand what You mean again thanks! 😁
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
Casper,
I agree with Jav's and others' assessment of the living residual. A friend of mine has a one year old daughter who has had a hard time sleeping since day one. Almost every night and usually multiple times a night, she would walk her house with her baby trying to get her to settle down and fall back to sleep. She said she has learned over the course of this time, where all of the the creaky floor boards are... Mostly by stepping on them and disturbing her child in her arms. So over time, she has learned to avoid these spots and not wake her child. Over the past month, the baby has settled down and has been sleeping much better. Because of the schedule of nightime disturbances, my friend has yet to regain any sense of a normal sleeping pattern. When she wakes up or has yet to fall asleep at night, she has begun hearing noises in her house. When it first happened, she immediately identified the source of the noises. It is the aforementioned floor boards. Both she and her husband have heard them, and both of them have investigated for intruders. They have never had any paranormal activity in their home, there are never any intruders, just the squeaks.

Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-01)
Casper_the_ghost,
This sounds like you may be dealing with something we call 'Living Residuals' here at YGS. Let Me give you an example of what I mean...

Residual Haunting:
The general opinion that an event, person, or animal has been 'recorded' and
Saved into the environment in which it took place. This would have been either a
Traumatic event or a repetitive action that took place in that particular area.
At some point this recorded event will then go into a 'playback' mode, similar
To a video clip. This is known as a 'residual' type haunting. It does not
Interact with anyone. You cannot get it to converse with you. It simply repeats
The same actions or events each time. It doesn't think, it doesn't change. It's
Just there and gone. That is your typical residual event.
Living Residual:
Take the same residual event and send it into the 'playback' mode a little
Earlier than expected. What is there to keep this event from going into the
'playback' mode at any point in the future. How would the environment 'know'
That it was time to start that playback? What changes need to occur to then send
The signal that a person has passed on, thereby spurring the residual image into
Motion? Could it merely be the absence of a persons energy that the environment
Has become accustomed to that triggers the playback we refer to as a residual
Image/haunting?
Say the event recorded was a repetitive action done by one person. And this
Person was entering the kitchen at the same time each day and brewing a pot of
Coffee. That person's energy is in that space and time frame, performing the
Same motions day after day. Now, let's say this person goes out of town for a
Few days, while other residents of the house stay home. Someone else has the
Coffee brewing task. This person enters the same area, not at the same time as
The one who normally performs this task, maybe 10 minutes later. As this person
Reaches the kitchen area they are stunned to see the person who went out of
Town, walking out of the area with a steaming cup of coffee in their hand.
Thinking perhaps that person returned early and has already brewed the coffee,
They go over to pour a cup for themselves, only to realize there is no fresh
Brew waiting for them. The pot hasn't been touched. The sink is dry. And the cup
They saw in the person's hand a moment ago still sits in it's usual spot.
These sightings are often attributed to the Doppelganger theory. I say it is
More likely to have been a "Living Residual". The name speaks for itself. The
Theory rests on the overall timing of the 'playback' mode. It would have been
Spurred into action simply because the energy normally filling that certain time
And space was no longer there and the 'playback' was filling in the blanks.

This is just my opinion though, others may have different ideas.

Jav ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: