You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: At The End Of The Hall

Real Ghost Stories

At The End Of The Hall

 

Anyone who works in the medical field knows the wise tales, such as opening windows when a patient passes, or "they come in three's". Given my background with my house, I tend to shrug things off my shoulders and ignore little incidents, telling myself I'm seeing things.

On this particular night at work, it was just 2 aids, 1 med tech, and myself (the nurse) on the back halls. Now, you would think since it's the newly built wing there would not be any spirits lurking. But, we were proven wrong.

Around 1930 I was beginning my med pass. As I went to each door, I made sure to keep my cart against the wall so everyone can get through and to see out of my peripherals if anyone needed me. I go into 228 with their medicine, come out, throw away my gloves, and prepare to start pulling meds to the next patient, when I see someone standing in the doorway at the end of the hall. I pause, turned to see if someone needed my help but no one was there.

I continue to pass my medicine, coming out each room closing the doors behind me. Again, out of the corner of my eye I see someone standing at the end of the hall in a doorway. I turned to check and no one was there. At this time I only had three more rooms left, inching my way closer to this spot I kept seeing something.

When I get to the last room I go in, do my routine, come out to my cart and notice the room I was just previously in, door is open. Now, knowing the history of the patient and knowing I was the only person down the hall it kind of took me by surprise, but I didn't react I just simply closed the door.

I go to my last room, and again when I come out the same door is open... And can you guess which room it was? The exact room I keep seeing someone stand at the end of the hall. So I played nice, left it be and started wheeling back towards the nurse's station to start my charting.

It's about 1230 now and all the rooms are asleep, lights turned off in the halls, my teammates sitting in the living space, so I guess you can say its pretty "quiet", which every nurse never wants the word uttered on their shift:) Now, where I sit at the station I can see down "2A" and "Court Yard" which is relatively new.

I'm almost finished with my charting when I started hearing footsteps coming from Court yard, so I quickly glance over to check if my patients are walking the halls, and nope sure wasn't. I go back to charting, when again I hear footsteps but this time was a little bit more noise with it. We have a few patients who like to wander into other's rooms so I get up, let my workers know what I'm doing if they need me and headed up the hall.

Stopping outside each room I patiently wait, listening, and then take a few steps to the next, and so on. I inch further towards the end of the hall, to the room I kept seeing someone stand in the doorway. Of course, I'm thinking "awesome, just my luck." As I start raising my arm to turn the light switch on a loud crash came from within the room. I hoofed it down the hall, not looking back; my coworkers looked at me bug eye and saying "wtf." As I'm gasping for air, I'm trying to explain what just happened and of course they don't want to go check the room. So, we all go... And to our surprise whole room was cleaned. Nothing on the floor, nothing misplaced, no one and nothing.

Want to know the creepy part?... A patient had been staying in that exact room for about 2 months and finally was okay to go home a few days prior. That morning of my shift change, we got a phone call saying the patient who use to be in there had fallen in the early AM and had passed away due to severe hemorrhage of the brain.

Other hauntings by ashlcoopa

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashlcoopa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ashlcoopa (7 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
Ooh wow! Hude that gave me the creeps! I have not experience seeing one... I don't know what I would have done. Just thinking about it makes me want to curl up in a ball Haha
Hyde (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
I'm a cna and I had a similar experience. My very first cna job I had was on an alzheimer/dementia unit. At the beginning of my shift as I come into the building, I saw a memorial stating thi particular patient had just passed. Later on on my unit my co- worker was standing near the nurses station and she had back towards her hallway and I ws facing it and as I look up I see someone waving thier arms in the air trying to get my attention. Just then my nurse, saw it too and called out to me, because she saw him to. Even though we were scared we went down the hall to this room and opened the window. My co worker was freaked out as you can imagine. I'm sure you guessed that it was the apparition of the man who had passed earlier
ashlcoopa (7 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
We did not think about doing that... Usually when someone passes we will do it the second we walk into the room. I guess since it did not happen there, it wasn't on my mind. A lot of the patients say they see a little boy running around & usually that's when we hear of someone passing on to the next life.
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
ashlcoopa, what a great read! Very nicely written! I caught myself leaning forward in my chair as I read. Your suggestion that the prior resident of that room having an unexpected and fatal fall leading to your experience seems good. If this person just went home, they were supposed to be getting better, moving forward. A fatal fall would be very confusing, perhaps disturbing. In that confusion, this person (no longer living, of course) likely expects to be taken to the hospital. This room is what "comes to mind". Has anyone opened the window and encouraged moving on?

Thanks for sharing such a well told story!

Best to you.

Hecate 😊
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-29)
ashlcoopa- Great story! Love the detail, I had an awesome visual of the whole thing.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: