You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Apparition at Time of Death

Real Ghost Stories

Apparition at Time of Death

 

This story isn't mine, it is my great grandfather James', who told my grandfather, who told my father, who told me. My family on my father's side are devoted Christian's so I have no doubt that my great grandfather was telling the truth about what he believed he saw.

Due to this story having been told by word of mouth over four generations I am somewhat short on details but the general gist of the story is still the same.

I can't be sure of an exact location and date other than in James' house in Victoria in 1949.

Late one night, James got up to go to the toilet and in the hallway he claims to have seen an apparition of his father, Thomas, my great great grandfather. It was impossible for Thomas to have been there in person as he was over 90 years old and living in New South Wales.

Again, I am short on details so I cannot say for how long this apparition lasted or how James reacted and I can't give a detailed description of it other than that it looked like Thomas.

The following morning, a relative of James', a brother or sister (he had a lot) came to the door and told him that his father (Thomas) had died the previous night. To this James replied "I know, I saw him last night, he died at ??? o'clock".

Again, sorry I don't know what time he saw the apparition or the time of Thomas' death, so I don't know if the two events occurred at the same time.

Well that's the story, and just like my father before me, I'll be sure to pass it on to my children.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JPing, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

doggz (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-25)
Interesting story Jping. My mother didn't see her father's apparition when he passed, but she didn't feel well the day he passed away and felt something was wrong back home. So when she rang the family back home overseas is when she was told that her father had just passed away of a heart attack. They had a close father and daughter connection, and that's why I think he let her know he had passed, just not as an apparition.

Thanks for sharing mate.
ChUrCh (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-05)
Dope story bro, even short on ddetails it was still good. Pax Tecum
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
Thanks, LBP. I'll be sure to have a look at your story some time. Not now though, it's nearly 5 in the morning and I have work tomorrow. 😲
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
Nice story JPing. Now you have a story to tell for future generations, awesome! I seen my aunt's apparition after she passed at the hospital. I wrote a story here about it. Take care of yourself. ❤
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
My father was a doctor, and he told me that, many times, he had seen "mist" rise up from bodies shortly after people died.
JPing (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Sorry I'm fresh out. Maybe I should start out around graveyards more often. 😉
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
It was nice enough for you to share, it was still an interesting story with out details!
Hope you have more stories to tell!
JPing (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
I even bothered to look up my family tree so I could provide names and dates. 😊
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-10)
You done your very best in relaying the story as it was told to you.😉Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: