You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What's In My Son's House? 2

Real Ghost Stories

What's In My Son's House? 2

 

So after Alan left, Mike put the Ouija boards out on the porch until he could get rid of them, which was suppose to be the next day. The next day came and went and he left the boards laying there, all but forgotten. I mentioned them to him and he mumbled that he would get rid of them "later". Needless to say, later has become never.

Things have become much more active lately. Now everyone is seeing the shadows a lot more often and Rob has heard the whispering too. All of us are experiencing cold spots all over the house, but especially in the downstairs rooms. Last week while I was in the shower, the air around me got freezing cold. I was shampooing my hair and suddenly felt something jab me in the stomach. You bet I got out of there fast!

The other night Rob was sleeping on the couch and I was sleeping in the recliner with the dog on my lap. Suddenly I was wide awake without knowing why, but I immediately felt extreme fear. I laid there for a minute just trying to adjust my eyes to the darkness and listening in the silence when simultaneously the dog started growling and Rob sat up and said "what was that?" and then laid back down, never waking up. It was so weird because he never opened his eyes and he looked like a zombie. If he would have done that after the dog started growling, it would have been more understandable, but he started saying that at the same split second as the dog started to growl. It was really creepy. To top it off, it was exactly 3:00 when it happened! Now I know that could have just been coincidence, so I don't put much stock in the 3:00 thing, but it certainly didn't help my fear to lessen!

Mike has started to stay at his new girlfriend's house more often, leaving the house to just me and Rob a lot lately. Fearing that we are crowding him out of his own space, I asked him if we were wearing out our welcome. He said no, but he feels very depressed and anxious when he's here lately. Alan stopped by for a visit and spent most of it staring into the kitchen. At one point he asked if Mike was home because he thought he saw him in the kitchen walking past the door. Later, out of earshot of Rob, he mentioned that he keeps seeing small shadows all around the living room.

I have become depressed and anxious too, and I can't sleep well at night. I wake up often, like a noise has startled me, but when I listen closely, I hear nothing. But sometimes during the day we can hear a man's voice saying things right out loud, but you can't understand the words. And the worst experience yet is that I keep seeing these tiny black shadows right on me, almost like there's a bug crawling on me, but when I look, there's nothing there. I didn't tell anyone about them when I first started seeing them because I thought they would think I was losing it. But Alan actually started to tell me that something was on me, and then stopped mid-sentence, when he looked directly at it and it disappeared.

I am a reasonable adult who doesn't drink or do drugs of any kind. I don't have mental health problems, and neither do my sons. I am trying to explain all of this away with rational explanations, but it is becoming impossible. I don't know what to think of all this. Yes, the Ouija boards are still on the porch and the cross is in the attic. Nobody has touched them or done any rituals or any kind of paranormal stuff with any of it. Rob and I will be moving back to our home in a couple of weeks, as soon as I get my new truck, and Mike is talking about moving in with his girlfriend. But until then, we are all creeped out by this place. Am I letting my imagination get the best of me, or could this stuff really be happening? I try praying for protection when we see this stuff or before we go to bed, but it doesn't seem to help. I hate to think that our overactive imaginations have created a mass hysteria, but it's even worse to think that it's really happening!

Other hauntings by murphysgone

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, murphysgone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
Rook's cleansing ritual is quite effective so you would be better off doing it. And if I remember one of the earlier exchanges, then yes, it is Mike who needs to complete the activity. Of course you all can help him. I am saying this from an earlier exchange between Rook and someone else, so if I have missed anything, then please feel free to correct me.
The 3 AM logic has no logic to it. So ignore it. The theory posted by Mercury is correct. Every time I have not had a proper dinner, I wake up and feel cold. I can say this for sure because I woke up last night. I had a snack and I was fine.:-)
Don't worry too much. At the end of the day we are the ones (human beings) with the physical substance... The rest is all energy and can be countered with the right methods and guidance.
Good luck!
Amit
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
Forget Jesus, Forget Allah, Buddha, or any of those mundane forgeries of a God. You must prey to the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

For only the power and magnificence of the FSM has what it takes to overcome other monsters!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
murphysgone: If what the landlord said is true then it sure does explain a lot as to why you and your sons are experiencing these things. I'm thinking it would be good for Mike to do Rook's cleansing, I know you mentioned he will be moving in with his girlfriend, but maybe out of niceness for the next people who move in, it could be a family like your own?😕

The layout of the home is extraordinary this alone could make you feel on edge, add in the creepy things within that have been found and there you go, a creepy atmosphere! Have you tried your own luck at finding any other history of the home besides the landlords?

I wish you all the best with in the future and the cleasing if your son chooses this course of action.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
murphysgone (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
Miracles,zzsgranny, Rook and Others,
Thanks so much for all your comments and help! Let me try to answer your questions!
Zzsgrany: yes, there's been a lot of activity, but you are right, it doesn't seem malevolent, just unnerving!
Miracles: Mike did question the home owner this month when he went to pay the rent. He was very tight-lipped about things. He said that before Mike rented the place, "the kid who rented it "did some crazy stuff". Mike had to practically pry the info out of him, and he said the owner acted as if Mike was ridiculous for asking. But he admitted that the "kid" was his nephew, and he played with ouija boards and was into seances and witchcraft and whatnot. He said that he is now in a "nuthouse" and claims to hear voices and says he is followed by things. Mike says the owner was serious when he told him this, but I wonder if he wasn't baiting him? It sounded to me like the owner didn't appreciate being questioned and doesn't believe in the paranormal? Sounds too cliche' to me to be the truth.
Angelique: Alan and Mike had just decided to check out every nook and cranny, and Alan didn't know that the furnace was behind the louvered door. When he opened it and stuck his head in there, that's when he found them. None of the rest of us found the need to actually stick our head inside that small space. Alan is just weird like that!
Mercury: I don't put much stock in the whole 3:00 thing-I wake up alot, usually somewhere close to that time usually ever night to go to the bathroom. I've never heard the hungry thing, though. I've heard it's the witching hour or that 2:00-3:00 is when bedbugs come out, but never the hungry thing!
Rook: Thanks for your cleansing ritual. Mike should be the one to do that, right?
Serendipity: No, Mike will be moving in with his girlfriend-it's cheaper for them!
Aldana: I am a spiritual person, but not very religious. When I say I pray, I am really just saying a small prayer for protection.
Dragonstorm and Masamune: After an incident this weekend where the mail flew from the counter across the room and seeing a bright white flash in the kitchen, I begged Mike to get rid of the boards. He gave them to his friend who told him the best way was to bury them. That was two days ago. So far nothing else has happened, but we will see. I don't think that the boards caused any of the action, though. We have all been trying to have a more positive, upbeat attitude so that it doesn't feed off our fear or negativity.
Thanks everyone for all of your advice. I truly appreciate your responses. I will keep you posted!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
I really do hope that you take on board everyone's comments here and do Rook's cleansing technique, it has been very successful for other posters that have been on this site 😊

I also hope that you talk to your son Mike about the advice given to you here and you can work out the best way for you all to sort this out that keeps everyone comfortable.

I strongly think disposing of the ouija boards would help the situation before you go ahead with any cleansing or blessing techniques.

Please keep us posted I know I would be jumpier than a cat on a hot tin roof if I were in your position 😊
MasamuneX91 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
ok I study the paranormal a lot so don't get rid of them, the only way to shut down a ouija boards power is to break them into separate pieces and bury them in the backyard, DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BURN THEM, that will only make their influence so much stronger, trust me this is for the best and don't bury the pieces in the same spot, for better instruction on what to do look up how to properly get rid of ouija boards after use
Mercury93 (5 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
well, your story is very chilling and I would get rid og the boards now.

There are many reasons why people wake up at 3am. I'm not just saying it bc I think its BS or some chizz. And I don't think its BS, but everyone should know why people wake up at this time. Its because this is when people are hungriest. They wake up from midnight to 3am, in that range because they haven't had effient intake of food. But the whole thing about rob waking up and saying what he did, was a bit odd. And dogs do see thinnngs we humans cannot. So this sounds to me like a very ligit story.
-Mea
aldana18 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
I completely agree with rookdygin, I would do all the steps mentioned above an maybe go a little further with it. From experience Sage could be helpful, all you have to do is make sure nobody is home, open everything and turn it on, blow the smoke into every corner of each room. Before you do this you have to clean yourself of "impurities", simply spread the sage smoke upon yourself. Then begin pushing the smoke onto every corner of the home while reciting the prayer you use the most and putting all your thoughts and beliefs that this is going to help you get rid of all that is there.

You mentioned that you pray every night, if you think it will help, you might consider bringing in a priest to bless the house, only if you truly believe and not just as another means.
angelique7 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
Hello, I read all your story until the end with the eyes wide open since I was so terrified by it. Actually, I think this must be a creepy experience but though I think you're kind of lucky for having experienced it since nothing of that kind has happened to me. Now something niggles me, the ouija boards and your son. Tell me, how come he knew the existence of them? Because you don't mention how he discovered them. And one other thing intrigues me... Why was he reticent about the fact to throw them away?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
Normally, when the three am thing comes up, I walk away from the story. Which is what I'm doing now.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-27)
murphysgone,

Welcome and well met. Many good suggestions have been given by those who have posted before me and I must agree with them. Nothing seems malevolent and some of your experiences may be due to normal thing such as High EMF fields, you may want to conduct a Google search and see if a local Ghost 'Hunting' group would come check things out... At a minimum tow things might be 'covered' by this... The EMF in each room of the house would be documented and someone who has the time to do the research can find out the back ground of the home.

The 'storage' room about half way up the stairs sounds as if it may have been a 'seance' parlor... Off hand do you know how old the home is? Seances became popular during the Victorian era (mid 19th to early 20th Century) so let's call it 1850 -1910...ish? Someone interested in the occult could have 'converted' the 'storage' space as a room to hold Seances in. You stated the room held a single chair and the Red Cross on the wall... Three questions come to mind...

First: Could 3-6 people fit in this space around a small table?

Second: Is the Cross just that... A Cross... Or is it a Crucifix? (depicts Christ upon the Cross?)

Three: How big is the 'Cross'? (Is the center 'beam' 12" long 36" long? Life size?)

If 3-6 people could fit into this space and it's a 'Showy' Cross/Crucifix' then your son discovered somebodies 'Seance' room.

As for the Ouija Boards... Are they 'home made' boards or are they manufactured boards? If manufactured who made they... Same question for the planchet. These may have been part of the 'equipment' used by whomever was conducting the Seances. These could have been stored away after Seances fell 'Out of Fashion' and were missed/forgotten after the original owners had 'left'...this could have been due to passing or moving away.

As far as the 3am thing...it's just a thing... Nothing special there or as you put it 'coincidence'.

Both Granny and Miracles mentioned a method I use and have suggested often here for many experiences and I offer it to you here... 😳

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

So, it's ok have your Son, or even yourself get rid of the Ouija Boards and Planchet. Do so as part of the 'Cleansing' steps of the suggested Method, just throw them out... Unless the are true antiques, then you may want to get them appraised, you can always 'cleans and shield' them as well. 😉

These experiences could be 'left over' energies stirred up by people being in the home again... More so because the 'seance room' was opened...

Thank You for sharing this experience with us and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Serendipity (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
You say yourself that you might be letting your imagination get the better of you, and that is perfectly possible. Mass hysteria is probably not the best way to put it, but suggestion is powerful and you are all clearly reinforcing each other's impressions. That doesn't mean there isn't something there, though, of course.

I would agree with the post above that suggested the Ouija board was possibly there from someone at least having investigated things before. I wonder why someone hid them behind the boiler (or whatever it was), though? I don't like that they are sometimes almost regarded as toys, and I certainly don't think they are always wisely used. They are not entirely healthy things to be played with, on various levels, and I think they can invite problems that weren't necessarily there before. But I wouldn't worry about their existence, as such. Boards themselves shouldn't be problematic, it's how they're used that can be. But given those having been found, it wouldn't do any harm to contact the owner and/or the agent. I am surprised you haven't already. They are the obvious direction to look to for information about the history of the property. And you might get to find out who left the boards behind. Whoever that was might have something interesting to say. So a few phone calls wouldn't go amiss at all.

But for all it sounds a little unnerving, it doesn't really sound as if there's any threat there. But it isn't nice to be scared, so I would probably just be relieved to be going home soon. And if your son who is actually renting it, is spending most of his time elsewhere, then I would be happy that he won't be there much after you've gone, and probably won't be there at all if he moves in with the girlfriend. Or would she be likely to be moving in with him?

But it is an interesting story and you need to do some research.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
murphysgone - has anyone done any kind of research on the house to see if the man you've seen died there? This could explain why he is hanging around. I imagine he would be curious, especially when you and Rob moved in.

Just a theory here, and I apologize if I missed this in your stories, so please forgive me. I have a 10-year-old playing his wii while I'm reading, and of course I have to watch him every now and then 😆, so I very well may have missed this, but is it possible the anxiousness and depression y'all are feeling is coming from the man in the house? He could very well be anxious about the "new people" in his house.

Sometimes I have to work things out by talking, so overlook me if I don't make sense or none of this fits, okay? But is it possible when y'all found the Ouija boards, and knowing anything paranormal freaks Rob out, you went into "mom" mode and started noticing everything. I don't mean to imply you're imagining things by any means. I just mean that something you'd normally pass off as your imagination turned into "what if it's not my imagination?"

As for the mass hysteria? I don't think that's what's going on here. I honestly believe y'all are experiencing these things. I just don't know if it sounds menacing or threatening, just more like "I'm here. I know you see me."

Since it's Mike's home, he's honestly the one who needs to decide if he wants to take ownership of it and set down the "house rules." He can talk to the man, explain the situation about Rob, the areas that are off limits (like the shower), and other rules. Or he can demand he leave.

As granny said, Rook has a house cleansing that several members have used, and I've recommended to a personal friend.

Good luck to you and your family. Please keep us posted.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-02-26)
murphysgone: Wow, that seems like a lot of activity!...It seems like there's nothing malevolent since no one has been harmed in any way, but the creep-o-meter is still pretty high 😆...In my opinion, the Ouija boards could have been used by a previous tenent because of the activity, and not a direct cause of activity, if that makes sense... Getting rid of them wouldn't hurt though LOL!...As far as the cross, I got nothing 😆...

One of our regular posters, Rook, has a cleansing method that can be used by anyone as it doesn't conform to any particular religious affiliation...

I don't think your sleeping pattern has been interupted by any entity, I think it's because you're feeling edgy because of the activity... Before giving Rook's method a go, try setting ground rules... No scaring people/pets, leave our stuff alone, etc...

I'm sure there are others who will weigh in as well... Good luck, and please keep us posted!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: