You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Son And The Skull

Real Ghost Stories

My Son And The Skull

 

About a year ago I posted a story entitled Something Tried to Attack My Son. This story also involves my son, L.

After the terrifying experience in 2012, we were lucky enough to have a fairly quiet time (in the negative paranormal sense). We have had strange occurrences but these have mostly been positive/neutral.

This event takes place in either 2014 or 2015. My son was around 3/4 and we had moved to a different city. His baby sister was around 6 months/1 year at the time. He LOVED his baby sister (and still does) and would absolutely smother her in hugs and kisses. It was actually a problem because he wanted to kiss her even when she was trying to take a nap. Lol.

She was having a nap in our bedroom (we keep our kids in the room with us for the first year) and was in her camp cot (she was still sleeping in that attachment that raises them up from the bottom of the cot). My son had obviously snuck off to give her some kisses because we suddenly heard him SCREAM from the bedroom. We raced into the room to find him kneeling on our bed but propping his body over his sister's cot (he had braced his hands on each side of the cot and was effectively covering her with his body). He was still screaming and was looking at a point in mid-air at the foot of the cot. My husband took our daughter, B, who had obviously been woken by the screaming and I picked our son up and took him into the next room to calm him down and to find out what had happened. Once he was calm enough to speak he said these exact words to me, "Mommy! The skull! The evil skull was going to get B! It was going to get her!". I wasn't able to get any further details out of him other than that the skull was hovering in the air and had no other body parts. Just a skull in mid-air coming closer to the cot. My sweet baby had positioned himself over his baby sister to protect her and had screamed for us to help.

I am still not sure if this is a paranormal event or if it is the over-active imagination of a sensitive child. I DO know that we had never allowed him to watch any scary movies or cartoons. He was still young enough for us to have been in complete control over what he watched and saw. He had never slept over at anyone's house without one of us being present at all times. My mother is a devout Jehovah's Witness and would never allow anything scary or ghost-related into her house and my mother-in-law is quite hardcore Christian and would also never allow any of that into her house. He knows about skulls only because he had been curious about the human body and we had gone over bones, muscles etc together about a year prior to this event. He had never shown fear over skulls before but is afraid of them to this day! I also know that he can definitely see or at least sense spirits/energies/ghosts or whatever you want to call them due to past experiences.

We haven't had anything so blatantly negative since then. Fingers crossed!

Other hauntings by Bee_Beans

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bee_Beans, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-19)
Rex-T

Thank you for your comment.

Wow, I really had not thought of that! Such a scary thought. We have had an instance of SIDS in my family before (a cousin of mine) so it really is a possibility.

Yes, my daughter will be 4 in August and is a happy and healthy little girl.

Thank you so much for your kindness.

Bee
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-02-03)
Bee_Beans,

My intention in this comment is not to scare you or cause you undue anxiety. On the contrary, it is more about your boy's sight and protective instincts.

It appears that in the Christian religion, the sign of the skull symbolizes mortality and death. Being asleep in the cot when this 'skull' appeared, makes me wonder if your boy's scream (waking up his little sister) was the factor that saved her from harm. I'm thinking SIDS.

Looking at the date this occurred (approximately 3 years ago) I'm assuming that your daughter is now at least 3 years old and therefore well outside the statistical age bracket for this occurrence.

I think you have an extraordinary little boy with an awesome gift.

I'm not the type that says much about my religion (that's personal) but I pray that both your children are healthy and have a bright future ahead of them.

Regards
Rex-T

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: