You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Creepy Men

Real Ghost Stories

The Creepy Men

 

The women in my family have all had experiences with what we call creepy men.

In the Early 90's, My mother had begun feeling uneasy in her bedroom and noticed a tall shadow figure who would stand in their corner watching her at night, he just became a part of life. A few years this continued on for he would just stand and watch until we were being evicted. A few days before we were due to move in to a new place. Mum woke up in the middle of the night to see him there as usual but he zoomed over to her and sort of illuminated himself (without casting light on anything else) She says he sneered at her and in a raspy whisper said "Jen". She tried to turn on the bedside lamp in a panic, forgetting that the globe burnt out earlier that day. She scooted to the end of the bed climbed off and backed up to the light switch for the main light all the while he was looking at her. The moment the light was on he vanished. She never witnessed him again after that.

I am 14 years older then my sister. I remember she was a happy toddler but sometimes would bold out of her room and cling on to my legs like she was scared. When she was about 3 she started talking about a man in her room. One night we were all lying on mums bed reading my sister a story. Sissi kept staring at the dresser at the end of the room. Out of nowhere she turns to mum and says so matter-of-factly " the man doesn't like you mummy". It was a bit unsettling. Shortly after that incident my sister was standing by the glass door just staring in to the yard. When question why, she got frustrated that we couldn't see what she saw. There was a man in a brown suit and hat in the yard picking grapes. As she got older she stopped talking about him.

When I was 21 I moved out of home and rented the house we lived in, in the early to mid 90's. That's when I got a creepy man of my own. When I would go outside for a smoke at night I would see a humanoid shadow standing freely in between the plum trees in my yard. At first I thought it was my shadow being cast across the yard but when I moved it just stayed there. One mid morning while I was hanging out laundry I looked up at the house and saw him there by the back door resting his arm on the door frame a bit above his head and it looked like he was looking at me. I couldn't make out too much of what he looked like because it was like looking at someone standing behind frosted glass. Even now I see tall solid shadows about 6 feet high dart across the main part of the open plan house. About 35% of the time its full on and not out the corner of my eye. While it does startle me I can cope with it. He doesn't seem to hurt any one.

I am not sure if it is all the same spirit or not I wouldn't mind getting out my video camera and a digital recorder and finding out.

Other hauntings by lissy86

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lissy86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

leah666 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
i think that you should definatly get out a video recorder and see if he shows up on there, if he starts to bother any of you, you can always ask him to leave and go somewhere else, but stay polite as you never know what ghosts can be capable of, if he doesn't leave keep trying to talk to him see what he wants,
Good Luck x
crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-07)
I think this could be a Jinn a type of being that lives among us but not always seen by everyone. A Jinn can take on different forms. It knows that you can see it and is enjoying apearing to you. One of the locations it favors is doorways as well as bathrooms graveyards vallys. Don't show it fear or anything negative it enjoys these things, the Jinn can be good or bad because it, like us humans was created with a will. Just respect its right to be and leave it alone. If your really don't want it around you can burn Frank incense and myrr it smells nice and they don't like it and they will leave. Thanks for sharing your story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: