You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is It A Ghost Or Am I Crazy?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It A Ghost Or Am I Crazy?

 

My parents moved to North Carolina when I was 4 years old. They bought a house where they still live today. I grew up in this house and had never saw or heard anything out of the ordinary. When I was about 12 I started getting really paranoid.

I felt like I was never alone and always being watched. I became afraid of the dark and would sleep with the light on every night. It wasn't until about 2 years later that I actually had an experience. I was hanging out in my room listening to the radio and I took the cd from the player and put it in the case. I went to use the bathroom. When I came back the cd was in the radio on play. I unplugged it and sat on the porch until my parents came home from work.

I moved out of my parents house a few years after that. A year later after I had my son I moved back in with my parents. We lived with them for over a year and still nothing. After my son started walking he would play with an imaginary friend. One day he started crying his friend was mad at him and was going to hurt him.

I have moved out now and nothing else has happened but I am still terrified of everything and being alone at any point in time. When it's dark no matter where I am I can feel something in the dark that wants to hurt me to pull me into the dark. I get so scared at night that I won't even get up to pee even with the light on.

My husband told me to see a therapist but I'm not sure. Is it possible for a spirit to attach itself to someone but never really mess with them, just keep them in a paranoid state? Or am I just crazy? Please tell me your opinion.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RACHEL420, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Amaya6 (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
I don't think you're crazy and DON'T SEE A THERAPIST! Take it from me, it would be a huge mistake. I spent two years of people telling me I was crazy but then other people saw what I had been seeing so don't worry if it is gone now it probely won't come back. 😊
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
I noticed the 420 at the end of your name. I'm aware these digits are used as a code by marijuana smokers- not saying you are one- and if you are that's ok too.
Just be aware that THC can make one quite paranoid. Even if it did not once have that affect- it can kick in as you get older. Just something to consider...
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Im definately not saying that your crazy but it probably wouldn't hurt to consult a medical professional. Just getting a checkup isn't a bad thing, even if it is to give yourself (and your partner) some peace of mind. 😊
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
You should see that therapist to work through any trauma you have been through. If you truly feel unsafe in your own space get a king james bible and say psalm 91 and 71 when you feel scared also before you go to sleep. Keep a bowl of white vinegar mixed with sea salt in rooms with you at night. It will cut down on astral eminations
herohead (2 stories) (61 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
Before I go with "it is a ghost" I would follow your husbands advise. There are lots and lots of things that can make you feel like you do.
If nothing else you could get confirmation that it is not you that is something wrong with.
I do believe that it is possible to "pick up" stray ghosts but I'm not sure that is what happened to you.
Darkness and lonelyness is primal fears and if that is triggered the mind can play some mean tricks on you.

Regards Hero
Ale (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
General rule is, if it doesn't feel 'good', it probably isn't...the only power anything or anyone has over you is the power you give it, tell it to BACK OFF! And mean it. I had an experience, that I'm still dealing with, I have seen and sensed things for as long as I can remember and somewhere along the line it started to scare me. I kept having not 'good' feelings while falling asleep and often felt like I was being electricuted. A friend told me the general rule and after seeing a an angry, determined woman walk into my room, hold me down and literally jolt me out my body... I took his advise. In a couple of days I got that feeling again, and in my mind, full of intention, I said BACK OFF! Go away!. The feeling disappeared immediately and since then I have been seing a medium to help me develope my gifts and deal with the negetive spirit living in my house or attached to me (She could have latched onto me from anywhere I have been). I read books on psychic protection and now know how to protect myself. I like the bubble technique, visualise that you are in an egg of white light, put a thick layer around it... Some say iron. Envision negetivity burning, sparking off as it touches it and KNOW that nothing negetive can get in to harm you. Step 1, have no fear. A single candle can light the darkest of rooms.
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-09)
You know you say you found the cd back in the player even though you took it out, well I have experienced something like this a few times. I have a bad memory and often can't remember what I was last doing. Perhaps your mind was elsewhere and you were thinking about removing it but never got round to it? Maybe there was another disc in it already? But still that would freak me out! 😨 Thanks for sharing your story. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: