You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Late Night Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Late Night Woman

 

I'm unsure of exact dates because my experience occurred throughout 2011 on an irregular basis and has since diminished, or at least dimmed, within the beginning of 2012.

One of the many rules within my household is to been in bed at a respectable time; however, since it was the holidays and I, being 16- years-old, just assumed it didn't apply to me.

It was just past 1 am when I thought I heard my mum get up because I began to hear small movements that made me stop whatever I was doing on the computer. It was then followed by light, medium stride footsteps (I know the step difference between my mum and dad. Dad is a heavy, long stride).

I assumed it was too late to shut everything down and pretend I was just coincidentally up too, so I just sat at the computer staring out the small window between the computer room and the laundry with our toilet, waiting to see my mother but no one came. This made me a little nervous so I ended up going to look for her. She of course, was still in bed.

These footsteps occurred over and over each night I stayed up past 1 am, always the same pathway though the kitchen and never any further. Feeling no fear from it, I simply went about my business in the computer room, although stopping each time I heard something. I think what I really feared was a sudden route change of whatever it was because if it had changed and went down the hallway, I'd be trapped.

After a while, I soon grew into the habit of going to bed earlier, not wanting to really encounter it. Yeah, I didn't mind it but then again, it wasn't a desirable thought late at night.

It was then it occurred less and less, whether it was because I was in my bed, I don't know but I wasn't sleeping and yet it didn't occur.

But one morning my dad came and told mum and I (rather casually! I might add) that he was woken up that night by a woman talking to him at around 2 am and since my mother has no history of every talking in her sleep, he knew it wasn't her. Dad said that he had gone back to sleep but was woken up again at 3 am. He says he can't remember what she was saying. I, too, was woken up by a woman saying something to me but I think it was unrelated due to too many differences.

I told him that I believe it's a female because of the footsteps and now the voice.

It was the last few months of the year that the occurrences began to stop but not without giving me a slight heart-attack before finishing. It was another one of my late nights and I'd just turned the light off and rolled over in bed when I heard the hallway creak, as if someone was walking down it. I was very scared as I listened to whatever was coming closer when I felt a light pressing on my side which then stayed there. I did feel a presence above me as if I was being checked on like a child; however, I was too scared to look, and I don't think I would have seen anything anyway.

It basically stopped after that. It makes me think that maybe it was a woman passing by, maybe looking for someone. I don't know.

I'm just sharing, sorry if it seems confusing.

If you have any questions you're curious about that I might have stupidly left out, just ask.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, A-Thursday-Whimsy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

A-Thursday-Whimsy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Im sorry, I also forgot to mention that I have had other experiences in the house however I believe they are unrelated and they were only one offs, My family has also had experiances within our previous home as well, which were different again.
and I am still living here.
A-Thursday-Whimsy (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-06)
Thank you everyone for commenting, sorry I haven't commented sooner, I thought I had no comments.

[at] lsandhu, thanks for telling me about your experiance, I thought I was high paranoid to begin with until my Dad said about being woken up by a voice.

The reason for the lack of information about the house is that is hard to come by, but I will try anyway. Its a rental house and because my family owns the land surrounding it, I have been to the house before actually living there to visit 2 seperate families, the first was a young family with 2 daughters and the second was a girl I grew up with and her family, neither families stayed more than 5 years each, but that was them just moving on.
As with any loved ones of mine, I have none, if it is a woman who is a relation or someone once close, I would have no idea who they are.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
The first part of your experience sounds like phantom noise - just a residual energy of common noises in the house. I used to experience this in my house as a teen, usually when I was smoking downstairs and would think I heard my grandma open the basement door, walk down the stairs and open and close the dryer door. Maybe it has something to do with guilt, since we were both doing something we weren't supposed to when we heard the noise. However, the pressing feeling and the presence are something else. I've felt this too, but honestly, I'm not sure what to make of it. I have a hard time believing it's a spirit, but what else it could be I know not. Wish I could be of more help, but at least you know there are others out there who have had similar experiences. Also, whatever it is doesn't sound harmful.
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
What is the history behind that house? Are you still living there? Find that out.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
You did not give any history of your house,area/location of the house,ex-family members who loved you etc. Its difficult to comment who she was, without knowing these info.
Fanny (2 stories) (105 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-18)
Perhaps it was a motherly figure who was just trying to make sure yo obeyed the rules? Just a thought. Kepp us posted if anything else happens.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: