You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Home Alone Horrors

Real Ghost Stories

Home Alone Horrors

 

I've experienced a few strange things before and I felt the urge to finally post something. I've been reading stories on this site for a while and only just begun to comment.

This happened when I was a teen, and I've never forgotten it. A lot of strange things happened in that house.

First of all, our trailer was the normal double wide, you walked in the front door into a small sitting room and to the left was our dining room where we kept our computer. To the right of the dining was our kitchen and immediatly to the left was a hallway. To walk down the hall you had to pass our microwave stand.

Okay now I have the layout done, I was home alone on the computer. The way it sat you could lean to the right and see directly into the kitchen but not down the hall.

So I was on the computer and the house was quiet. I heard the hall floor kind of creak like someone was walking down it. I'm sure I had a look of confusion on my face when I got up to see what it was but before I made it to the kitchen door to look down the hall, I heard what sounded like a huge person running full-tilt down the hall and smash into the microwave stand.

Needless to say I was out the front door like a shot and down the driveway and across the street. I waited there until my mom and brother came home from my Aunt's house a few miles away.

When they arrived of course they wanted to know why I was outside with a terrified look on my face. I told them what happened and we all ventured into the house. Everything looked okay and nothing was disturbed or anything.

I could not understand though, I HEARD rather than saw the Microwave stand smashed into. I thought for sure it would be lying on the kitchen floor, broken. But it was not.

More strange things happened in that house but those are stories for another day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JennyTee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
Shellzy- What a thought! Would'nt that be something if they could mimic that type of stuff?

Miracles51031- I agree with you. Every trailer I've ever lived in or been in I've gotta creepy feeling from it. Before living where I do now we lived in a trailer and I always felt tense and like someone was watching every move. I will check out your stories for sure!

Thank you for your help and thoughts! 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
JennyTee - I've lived in 4 different trailers (currently own and live in one) and I've made this statement a dozen times: I swear I think all of trailers are haunted 😆. Some of my stories are on here if you're interested in comparing notes.

I know exactly what you're talking about. The feeling of someone running through the trailer. As a matter of fact, my daughter told me a couple of days ago that she heard and felt what she assumed to be our little girl ghost running through our kitchen. She very quickly left for work 😆.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-21)
JennyTee,

I can imagine that would have been a truly frghtening experience especially if you were home alone!
I have read may stories on this site where people have heard things smashing or breaking and they can actually pinpoint exactly what it is that they think is broken only to investigate to find nothing amiss. I wonder if sprits can mimic noises (like the smashing of a particular object) that they know will be familiar to someone for attention? Maybe a little far fetched but just a thought! 😊
JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
I no longer live there, that is correct. I don't live to far away though.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
JennyTee,
Thank you for answering so promptly. At least that question is out of the way, hopefully that won't be asked too many more times. 😆
You mentioned that other things have occurred in the home as well. But from your last sentence, I take it you no longer live there. Is this the case?

Jzv
JennyTee (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Javelina- Yes that could have been a possibility but the creaking in the hall is what caught my attention. It all sounded like it was in the house.

Jazzeyjay-At the time I was going through it, I tried to push it out of my mind. My brother and I experienced things together but it seemed like I was the only one noticing these events.

Thank you for your responses!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
JennyTee,
I realize how frightening this experience must have been for you. But just out of curiosity, could it have been something underneath the home? Perhaps something got in and then freaked because it felt trapped, began running and smacking into the supports underneath?
I'm just putting it out there as a possibility. It doesn't mean I doubt you at all.

Jav
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
I can certainly understand and relate to you and your fear. I grew up in a haunted house and went through years of torment. I now understand much better the things that may cause hauntings. As a child growing up in the late 60's, early 70's and 80's there really wasn't much information in regards to these things, so my life was constant fear. I still have some fears that were a result of living in that house. My advise to you, is to learn as much as you can about the house's history and the history of the land itself. Be as positive as you can and do everything you can to not allow yourself to be too afraid because some spirits feed off of this. I learned the hard way.
I wish you well. Talk to the spirit in the house, let it know that this is your family's house and it can not remain there if it's going to scare you and your family. Be strong, forceful, stand your ground, but be respectful.
As an adult, I still see spirits and will always. I am empathic as well. The house my husband live in now is only 5 years old, which doesn't mean anything, but it does have a spirit in it. It made it's presence known to me the very night we moved in, which I will write about in a story. It is not a bad spirit, but I did have to lay the law down with it and let it know that I don't like it when it comes and stands too close to me or in my face. If I can feel it's breath, it's too close. I still feel it, hear it shuffling on our carpet sometimes and feel the cold breeze go by as it walks past me. I don't fear it and as long as it respects my wishes, I won't fear it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: