You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Home Alone And Never Again

Real Ghost Stories

Home Alone And Never Again

 

You know how you always look forward to staying at home alone with no family to bother you? But what happens if you see something that scares the living daylights out of you? Well, that definitely happened to me.

Every Thursday night my brother, sister and father go out and play music at a restaurant down the street, but a few months ago the whole family went down to play and I stayed home to chill. It was about 8.30pm when I went out to our enclosed veranda to wait for my mother to come and collect me for dinner. But while I was waiting I saw something move outside slowly and, at first, I thought it was the wind, but then I saw it again it was about six feet tall, triangle-like hands, no face and a lot darker than the night. I still thought it was nothing until it happened more frequently and I got more and more scared so I ran inside.

I thought my mother was going to come home soon so I grabbed hold of my bravery and went outside. I walked up and down the veranda and noticed a piece of metal in one of the rose bushes that is right up to the glass. Once again I got scared and ran back inside. I still thought my mother was going to be back so I went out again and noticed that the piece of metal was gone. You could tell that it was taken away as the bush was moving but everything else was still.

I was still seeing the thing walking around the house. I decided to count the seconds it would take for the thing to come back. I noticed that it was not just one but three or four. It was for much longer my family come home. But what my elder brother said really shook me. He told me that as he was walking home he saw a dark figure on the roof peering into my bedroom skylight. That night I slept against the wall, traumatized, with only my cat to comfort me.

The next day we discovered that they were probably shadow people and that they might have been around for a few weeks as the atmosphere outside had changed after a week or two.

This night has changed everything and I will never be alone in a house and if I am, I will be nowhere near a window.

Comment below if you have any questions and I will get back to you with my answers.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honeybird22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

honeybird22 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-05)
Biblio, you are right about the nuns and I remember the night I first saw the shadow person I went to be with just a sheet and in the morning I found I was somehow tucked up in a blanket the is in the bottom drawer of my cupboard.

I asked if anyone from my family put the blanket on me but they all said no. I do think that the nuns are protecting us and looking over us.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-05)
Honeybird!

I can't believe I didn't see it before: I feel like a complete muttonheaded dolt! You're robin's sister, meaning you've got THE NUNS! That's whey the shadows weren't able to enter your home! The Nuns, though deceased, are still Nuns!

Operating on the presumption that a majority of them were devout women of God who became Nuns because of sincerely-held religious convictions, everything falls into place! Their residual presences, and sentient ones, are regularly patrolling the inside of your home, making it difficult for a negative entity to remain in the house for very long at all. Lingering outside & pacing about would be one way to wait until your house's guardian spirits were occupied elsewhere before the shadow entities could enter.

Feeling a bit thick,
Biblio.
honeybird22 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-02)
lady-glow I am the elder sister of robin15. Sorry if my comment was bad but I have a slight problem with my words and sometimes I can't see my mistakes.

We think the thing my brother saw was something different and my cat he ran inside and hid underneath my bed until twelve o'clock at night and didn't want to go out a four am when he usually wants to go out.

I ask my brother the other night what colour it was and he said it was white.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-01)
Are you by any chance the same author (Robin15) from "Living in a Haunted Convent"?

Honeybird, I apologize for what I'm going to say but, - do you realize how contradictory your last comment and narrative are?

"He told me that as he was walking home he saw a dark figure on the roof"

AND

"He didn't think it was something until I told him what I saw. The thing was almost the same but white."

So, was it dark or was it white? It cannot be both.

I find it odd that a cat wouldn't try to get away from a threatening presence.

I hope you understand that I'm not being critical, but your story is kind of... Questionable?
honeybird22 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-09-30)
My only neighbour is an old priest that can barely walk and a school. I am sure that the thing saw was a shadow person as a month later I was outside collecting my cat when I saw another one crouching on the ground facing the house with his hands on his face. This encounter of the shadow person was much bigger than the last one when it was crouching. (I don't want to know how big it was.)

When I was collecting my cat he was scared of something and the atmosphere was very off. As we live in a slightly hunted Convent all the Nuns were very active that day too. I thought nothing of it until I connected the dots after I saw it.

I know it was not a stranger as it was too big and why the hell would someone walk on holy ground at high anyway.

My brother thought nothing of it as he thought it was just a light coming from my room. He didn't think it was something until I told him what I saw. The thing was almost the same but white.

I did look for the piece of metal the next day but it was completely gone. There was no way that the piece of metal fell and I am sure it was not there before as it was in a bush against the window point to the inside of the veranda.

Warming honeybird
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-09-30)
Greetings, honeybird22, and welcome to YGS.

The astonishing, *positive* part of the phenomenon you described is that it was all occurring *outside* your house. Certainly, these shadow-people have gotten uncomfortably close to the house's windows and skylights, but I don't think I've ever read an account in which shadow entities were being kept out of a house without some prior experience and/or intervention on the part of the inhabitants. Your family's religious practices (if any), close-knit relationships (if applicable), or normal behaviors *may* be protecting you from much worse phenomena. Most shadow-figure encounters occur when these entities have already entered the home (or other building), causing a great deal of fear.

I remember being a teen who was happy to see his family go on excursions so they'd leave me the hell alone. As an adult, I miss my wife's presence when she's out for coffee with a friend for more than an hour, so that's a situation that can change under the right circumstances. It's not that you don't love them, it's simply feeling constrained by your family's near-constant presence that can drive you up the wall.

Do you have a next-door neighbor whom you trust? For example, when your family are out and you think you see something, is there someone you can call to ask, "I thought I saw someone behind our houses; could you check out your window?" This way you may be able to get independent verification of the presence, so you don't look like someone who regularly "wastes police time" when you get a little jumpy. Having a corroborating witness, even to a shadowy presence lurking about, will lend credence to your reporting unusual movement behind the house.

I'm with lady-glow and Lealeigh on calling the police when you are troubled by these entities, but I'm suggesting that you take an extra precaution that will prevent them from reacting along the lines "oh, it's just that nervous kid again."

Take care of yourself (including *not* going outside alone & vulnerable when you suspect the entities are nearby), honeybird.

Best,
Biblio.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-09-30)
I agree that it's a good idea to call the police when something like that happens. It's better to err on the side of caution.

On a lighter note, I can relate to the feeling of freedom that you described having when the house is empty of people.

When I was a teenage I used to go in the den with the stereo loud and practice, what I called, my "dance moves".😆

If anybody came home unexpectedly, I would just act like I was stretching or something.

Nowadays, I wear headphones and don't care how crazy I look in front of my loved ones or neighbors.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-09-30)
So your brother "saw a dark figure on the roof peering into my bedroom skylight."

Was the figure similar to the ones you saw?
Did he shout at the figure? Did he or anyone else call the police to report the intruder?
Have you asked around the neighborhood if anyone else has seen these figures?
Have you seen them again?
Did you look for the piece of metal the next day? Are you sure it wasn't there before you noticed it? Are you sure it didn't fall down under its own weight?

If you ever see some stranger/s roaming around your place, the best thing to do is to lock up all the doors and windows, and call the police.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: