You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: 911 Anniversary Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

911 Anniversary Ghost?

 

Being a Manhattan native I was trying not to make a big deal about the 10th anniversary of 9/11. It's always been really touchy for me and I usually don't like to think much about it, even on the anniversary that happens each year.

I was hungover that day (Sunday, 9/11/11), and completely wasn't wary of it over the night. I was just getting up, half-asleep at around 10 am when I felt a strong presence and could have sworn there was someone near my bed. I didn't see anybody physically, but I felt it through my closed eyes. All my roommates were out that weekend. It was a sensation that lasted about 10 seconds.

My apartment in Manhattan is not haunted and I've never had anything weird happen there. But after doing some research I found out there was a hotel there that was torn down in 2006. It's my personal theory that there might have been someone staying in the room of the hotel that my bedroom now occupies, who was somehow involved in 9/11 if not a victim. I believe the feeling happened at either 10:02 or 10:57 am, which were the times the two towers went down.

The rest of the day was pretty normal; just doing some work on the computer and watching the Giants/Redskins and Jets/Cowboys games. But whatever it was really moved me emotionally, and caused me to do a lot of reminiscing and Internet recollection about 9/11 the following week, which is a subject that I usually try to avoid. Our apartment is definitely not haunted, never any other feelings like this or weird dreams, noises, etc. But I really do think there was something there in my room that morning, and it might have been someone associated with 911.

Other hauntings by sherm784

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sherm784, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheLurkingUnknown (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
I agree with granny it was a residual print that was left on the area... But have you ever herd of the theory that when something happens somewhere it leaves a mark and that mark can affect your emotions with out you knowing it like if a murder took place somewhere you may experience sadness or anger without knowing the reason why.
With 9/11 being such a huge tragedy where so many lost their life I would assume a huge imprint was left there and being the anniversary I think that could intensify the feeling. <- possible but I would not bet on it
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
sherm: It's my sincerest hope that all the souls lost that day are at peace 😢, although my heart tells me otherwise...But, what you experienced could have been a residual, as opposed to intelligent, visitor... The emotions of that day had to leave an imprint...
JakeL (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
i remember 9/11... Even from australia the memory digs deep.
Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
The spirit you feel you encountered must have found you to be a sympathetic connection. Perhaps it is your sensitivity that causes you to avoid the subject of Sept 11.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: