You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Following My Mother?

Real Ghost Stories

Following My Mother?

 

Can I start off by saying that my mum and I are spiritually connected in some way? She has had many religious, spiritual and psychic experiences and is quite used to ghosts and what-not. She dreams about things that either have happened already, or are going to happen soon. I have only recently began to see ghosts in the past year (To be honest, they scare the crap outta me), but I have been known to read minds and dream about things that people were thinking about.

That's enough of that, let's get started.

I live on a farm of 20 acres in Australia, and have all my life (15 years now) with my mum and brother.

We own top dressage horses and they are stabled every night. In winter we leave the lights on until around 9 pm so their coats don't grow. Mum was heading down to turn the lights out and feed the horses. I was putting my shoes on. She was around 10 metres away from me, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a sepia-toned figure, arms outstretched, gliding towards my mum with her hair flowing. It came from the darkness and was glowing slightly. I snapped my head around to confirm my sighting (peripherals are sometimes misleading) and saw it directly. It wasn't exactly a person, but I got the impression it was a female of 20-30's.

I was petrified, and tried to scream, "Look out Mum!" (she had her back to it) but words would not leave my mouth. It disappeared as soon as I tried to call out to her.

I followed mum down in the dark, completely unnerved and almost in tears. I told her about it and she said she always felt like there was someone "protecting" her every night as she went down to see the horses, so I was trying to work out who it might have been. My grandma died when my mum was 10, but she didn't really fit the description. My great aunty had also recently passed, but she was 92.

For like a month after, I wouldn't walk down there without someone with me or my face covered.

Also, only recently I was sitting inside at my computer, and out of the corner of my eye (damn these peripherals) I saw a large shadow of a dog passing into the toilet through the passageway. I turned to look and it was gone. Interestingly enough, we had 2 German Shepherd dogs that died on our property, but that was some years ago. One was buried around 10 metres away from where I saw it. Everyone else was outside at the time, and the dogs we own now are only little Jack Russell-type dogs. The passageway doesn't have any direct windows, so it wasn't a shadow from outside.

Anyone got any ideas? It's not like I search for these sorts of things, so it can't be me making it up. It happens when I least expect it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AngelKeeper, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AngelKeeper (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-17)
I do understand the possibilities. It's very possible that what you say is correct. I am not at all offended by your ideas and think maybe seeing this woman was most frightening because it was very dark and I didn't know what it was. It probably was protecting her; I am unsure, however seeing it was enough to unnerve me 😨
My dogs died almost 6 years ago and I have not thought of them for a long time, so there was no reason for me to be thinking about them then
Thanks for partaking in this conversation; it's greatly appreciated
~HP~ 😁 😁
luciana126 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
Hi, This happened too me after I watched paranormal activity 3 2 and 1 plus after you go on eletronics or stuff your eyes go wide and when you look around you sometimes see things maybe you were thinking about your dog or something and you could imagine it. This happened to me but I saw my grandma it was really sad then I blinked she was gone.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
Paranormal things used to only happen to me, when I wasn't expecting it as well. My imagination would run wild, envisioning all kinds of terrible things and then nothing would happen. But when something does happen, I feel very at ease with it. The movie industry is to blame. Try and relax, the supernatural world, doesn't rake in profits by making us jump out of our skins; one of the qualities that makes them super.
Also I'd like to say when people are alive how they appear is restricted by their flesh, our souls are not so encumbered in the afterlife. Then they may be restricted (if wanting recognition) only by what the living know of them, or expect them to look like.
night_day (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-12)
The dog you saw was very probably the spirit of one of the buried german shepherd dogs as you say it. Also there is something I don't understand, when your mother said that she always felt something protecting her, how can you be so sure that the spirit of the lady you saw was actually trying to protect her and not trying to harm your mother (this may also be a possibility). It may also be that the spirit you saw going after your mother couldn't harm her and disappeared because there was some other thing was protecting her or it could also be that she didn't expect you to be there.
I apologize if there is something I have said that has hurt you. I am only describing the possibilities.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: