You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Early Morning Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

Early Morning Hauntings

 

I am going to write about the horrible experiences that I had about 5 times in my life. The story started in India during the second year of my degree studies.

I was staying in the college hostel which was far away from my home. I heard my friends saying that our seniors played Ouija board in this room a year before, but I never thought I would have such a horrible experience. It was in 2006, I do not remember the month. I was awake and I felt somebody pressing hard on my chest. I tried to move but I could not. After a while I was released. I was in a complete shock. I looked the time in my mobile and it was 3 am. I ran to my friend's bed and slept there. I told my friends but nobody believed me.

Then for another 2 years it doesn't occur, so I almost forgot about it. Again it occurred in 2008 June when I was sleeping in my own house with my aunt and another time in 2009.

From that time I understood this is something real, that somebody haunts me. After that I used to keep a rosary under my pillow before I sleep. Then this haunting did not occur for awhile.

But in 2011 April it occurred once when I was in NZ. That day I forgot to put rosary under the pillow. That was the last time I experienced it. I was so horrified that the ghost followed me from India until New Zealand.

Every time I have the same experience: that someone is pressing my chest hard and it is happening around 3 am. I used to walk in the early mornings to my work when I lived in Hamilton a year ago by holding rosary and torch in my hand. So I did not had any horrible experience on the way even though it was dark.

Now I am living with my husband in Mangere from the last 6 months. Still I am frightened before going to bed thinking it may happen to me again.

I am looking forward to everyone's suggestions.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Meera, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Akshath (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
This is not a ghost... It is called sleep paralysis, It has happened to me as it followed after a bad dream... So I thought that it was a ghost sleeping on my chest... But its called sleep paralysis, even your fingers will not move and you can't shout. But only your eyes will be open and you will feel someone sitting on your chest... Try reading in Google about this... Its completely natural
alternateaman (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-19)
it's just a psychological illusion and kind of sleep paralysis and notihng else for sure
prati809 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-05)
I feel that what you are experiencing is something Demonic... Religion doesn't matter... Whether you wear a rossary or a rudraksha... The thing is that you need to stop getting scared because such things feed on fear... When you pray ask god for protection and be strong... Om namah shivay
Beachgurl (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-13)
Hi Meera.
I have had haunting experiences and they stopped after I started sleeping with a Bible under my pillow.
arya (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
[at] Carra
What if someone is not a Christian, as in this case the lady is an Hindu.
Its not that entities work according to our rules and bounds and specially to a particular religious book for that matter.
We have BIBLE,GITA,QURAN,KOJIKI,TRIPITAKA,GURU GRANTH SAHIB,AVESTA,TORAH...AND MANY OTHERS... Each tells us to go about the biusness in a unique manner. So does it mean that any one of them is supreme or gives us the right picture. I guess not, it is all about where you were born and bread.
And according to your culture, beliefs (religious as well), tradition and folklore these entities come into being.
That is why they are known by different names in different cultures be it Ghost,Bhoot,Jinns,Strigoi, Okiku etc.
arya (2 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
well MEERA... Trust me that is a typical case of SLEEP PARALYSIS!
Carra (1 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2013-03-04)
Hi everyone,

I've experienced hauntings in 3 different houses I moved to. The experiences were the same: light switch flickering (only in my bedroom), seeing ghosts walk across the foot of my bed, voices whispering in my ear waking me up, etc.

The first thing you need to do is to stop all meditating and yoga if you've been doing it. Also, stop all consultation with mediums, psychics and tarot card readers. Get rid of all divination items, feng shui items, and so forth too.

After stopping and removing all spiritual things in your life/surroundings, "cleanse" your entire house. Carry the Holy Bible and a rosary if you have one, and walk through your house from head to toe and bless all corners, window sills and doorways with holy water from a church or use the purest sea salt you can afford to buy and sprinkle every corner with a prayer to Jesus or God and say a cleansing prayer out loud followed by "in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit". Try to ask a holy friend to be with you when you go through the house if you don't feel confident. Make sure you cover every corner of the house in sprinkling and blessing, including insides of cupboards, garage, car, etc.

The next thing to do is to get a picture of Jesus (just print out from computer/internet and place into a photo frame). Create an "altar" or holy place in your house and place the picture of Jesus, your holy water, and any other holy Christian thing on this altar or table. Make sure it is above your waist height. Get a safe candle holder and light a white candle to Jesus as you pray for his protection of you, your loved ones and your home. Light candles and pray for this on a daily basis and as many times of the day as you want but just as long as you don't leave lit candles unattended.

Sleep: put your bible and a rosary and a small piece of Black Tourmaline stone under your pillow. This should get rid of nightmares. Say 1 to 3 "Hail Mary" prayers and ask for her protection just before you sleep.

Also: get pure (unadulterated, unmixed) lavender oil (spot test 24 hours to check if you're allergic). Pour out a drop into the palm of one hand, then use your finger from the other hand to lightly dab a small amount to apply on yourself. Start at the very top of your head, rub in a circular motion for 5 seconds. Then dab a little bit more oil from the palm of your hand and rub in the centre of your forehead. Do the same with the left side of your neck, then the right. Then left side of the back of your neck, and then the right side. Last but not least, the very middle of your chest. Do this once a day.

Also do once a day (unless you are allergic): take 4 teabags of organic chamomile tea. Cut the tops off 2 bags and pour into a cup. Do the same with the other 2 teabags. Pour boiling water into the cups and brew 3 to 5 minutes. Strain and drink. Do this once a day for 30 days minimum.

Lavender and chamomile are both highly protective substances and repel anything from insects to bacteria to viruses... To ghouls! You can also use 1:10 parts lavender:water in a spray bottle as a room/furniture freshener and cleanser too, as well as in your laundry and floorwash.

Last but not least, don't watch any scary movies - not even if they're fictional. You don't want to attract the same things again. Surround yourself with whatever you want to attract into your life and your home. Also keep a check on friends you keep and if they don't bring anything positive (to you, your life, your home, your thoughts), then you need to stop being around them too.

These are all the things I've done and which have worked. My life/home is now "clear", no more nightmares, no more ghost sightings, no more ghosts whispering in my ear, no more being crushed down by ghosts and no more flickering lights.

At any time when you need help (if you don't have a haunting or evil problem and just have nightmares or get crushed by a ghost while asleep), say the "Our Father" prayer or just call upon the Virgin Mary for her help or say the "Hail Mary" prayer. Buy a "Miraculous Medal" to wear at all times. She has always answered my prayers and calls for help and as soon as you call her name or Jesus' name, spirits and ghosts flee because it's like pouring acid on them.

Most important: do NOT fear the spirits. They feed on the energy of your fear and it just makes them stronger. You must be brave, shout at them and command them to leave in the name of Jesus. The universal law is that spiritual beings are not supposed to exist on our level, so don't be afraid to stand your ground because they don't have the right to make themselves known or to bother us human beings.
Marx (3 posts)
-4
11 years ago (2013-03-02)
Hi Meera.I'm Marx.I'm a Christian.You're in Danger.Because,According to Christianity, 3PM is the Hour at when Lord Jesus Christ was crucifixed. The complete opposite 3AM is considered as the Witching Hour (or) The Devil's Hour. You might have heard this from an English movie named "The Exorcism Of Emily Rose",but you believe it or not, It is "DAMN TRUE",because I've experienced it. Most of times, I could suddenly woke up at around 3AM just like you, And at those times, I could feel someone (or) something was watching me. If people constantly wakes up at 3AM means, it means the Devil himself is trying to communicate with you. You can ask, Why in the hell the devil want to communicate with me? There are two reasons for that,One: You could be so pure in Mind (or) Heart, that the Devil will try to take you away from God. And another one, is that the Devil had chosen you to do something, that I don't know. I am still being haunted by the Devil... I don't know why, and I don't know what it's going to do to me.Please,Be Strong. Never Lose Hope in God. His hand will save us. Just Believe in God, And All you have to do is Pray,pray,pray...That's all I can say to you. Who knows, the Evil Force could be watching me as I write this Message...
Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Hi Meera,

You need to begin praying daily, not just placing the rosary beads under your pillow. Get into the habit of saying the rosary nightly and invoking St Michael's protection as you sleep. The Rosary is an extremely powerful prayer.

I do this and it has truly protected me.

I hope this help you😁

Sarah
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-28)
Meera, I am from India and I don't think it is wise to yell at the entity. But you can be bold and need not show your fear about it. In our custom, as you know, any negative entity or spirit would embolden and attack more only if you exhibit yourself as being cowed down by it. Prayer is one of the aspects. Try rook's method of cleansing. I think it suits for all, irrespective of any religion or faith you are following. It is mentioned many times in this site. That could help. Prayer is another one. But, if it still continues, try to seek the help of experts to drive off. If the rosary works fine, the simple method is to follow it.

Regards,

SDS
Meera (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
Thank You all for spending your time and offering valuable suggestions. I am keeping the rosary under my pillow and sleeping as before. As its working, I have decided to do the same. However, I do not wish to follow one of the suggestions to yell to the ghost as I don't think it will work out.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-04-20)
I personally think its Sleep Paralysis. My first suggestion would be to see your family doctor and get a physical done. This is to rule out if you have any medical condition. You mentioned that this start in university. With studying at a university / college level, it could have been stress added with fear coming from the mention of your seniors playing with Ouija board.

Second suggestion is to continue with the Rosary and if you are Catholic like I believe you are (sorry if I'm wrong), as your priest to bless you or give you advise.
Catface (7 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-19)
Please for the love of god, if it really is a ghost your having a problem with, do not take maes advice.

Yelling at a spirit causes it to feel provoked. It's definitely not the best option, take it from me, I've had a bad experience because of yelling at ghosts in my little brothers room.

It may just be Sleep Paralysis as already suggested, but if it is not, then continue to sleep with your rosary considering that seems to work. I hope you have no more encounters with whatever this is, and that you enjoy the rest of your life with your husband.

Blessed Be. ❤
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
It could be sleep paralysis but I don't know. I would continue to sleep with the rosary since it doesn't happen when you sleep with it.
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Sounds like sleep paralysis to me. One of the classic symptoms is feeling as if someone is pushing or sitting on your chest so you can't move. The fact that you did not place a rosary under your pillow for one night could have even trigged an episode of sleep paralysis because your sub consious knows that the rosary is not there and you are fearful to go to sleep without it. I would try not to worry about it too much, I found that researching sleep paralysis actually helped me a lot to understand exactly what was going on and deal with it when it does happen. 😊
maes (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
My culture believes that when you move, just go and don't say you are moving. If it still follows you, which I've heard can find you anywhere in the universe, I'm exaggerating but you get the idea, then what you should do, is immediately after it happens and let's you go, get up and yell at it telling it to go away and open the door for it to leave and pray! Open the door and tell it that you ban it from you, your home. My husband had the same thing happen to him and he yelled at it, which is what a lot of people suggest, and it hasn't happened to him since. Its now been 9 years. Good luck! Don't let it happen anymore!
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
*you should pray to the Lord
P.S. Sorry! I did not reviewed it...hehe
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
I agree to all what snowhite said. I suggest that you should to the Lord that may he banish the evil spirit that bothers you. Thanks for sharing your story! 😁
snowhite (203 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Wow, I didn't know ghost can follow you to another continent. It is interesting. While if I were you, I would pray every night before I go to bed. If you are a Catholic, you can ask your priest to help you to get rid of it once for all. Catholic churches are good at it. I also want to let you know do not be scared since the ghost knows how you feel, that is why it tried to attack you in the past. Your fear made it strong.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: