You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Someone Wants Me Awake

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Wants Me Awake

 

Just for the reference, I have had experiences before with electronics but nothing like this.

This morning my alarm went off at 8 o'clock. For many this is a daily ritual around the world. The only difference is mine was not plugged in, turned on nor have a battery in it for back-up. This clock has been sitting next to my bed for years. I keep it because its numbers are huge and bright and in the wee hours of the morning when I am looking through my sleepy haze, this clock is perfect. Since the invention of the iPhone, I have not used this clock as an alarm in four or five years.

I have three things plugged in next to my bed; my phone, my lamp, and this clock. I had to unplug one because I needed my extension cord elsewhere, so I chose my clock. I had the alarm on my phone set for 9:15 but at 8:00 my alarm starts buzzing away on my clock. I got up to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and sure enough, my clock was not plugged in. At 8:01, the numbers on my clock disappeared as they would have had I just unplugged it but the alarm kept sounding. It took me awhile to turn it off (again it had been awhile since I had used it) and then it simply sat there not making a sound.

I asked my friend, who also has experiences, and she said someone wanted me awake. I do not know the significance of today, that time, or why but I do know that I will do everything I can to make this day mean something. It must mean something to someone. I only wish I knew who... Or what.

If anyone has a similar experience or any input, please let me know. I'm not looking for an explanation, just the comfort of knowing I'm not alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dizzie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
well dizzie it does sound like someone is trying to get in touch, would surgest you start making notes if anything else strange happens. It could be someone trying to tell you something important or just someone trying to let you know they are around.
Plese keep this updated if anything else does happen
Taz
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Dizzy,
Electronics are the easiest way to communicate with us. Think about it. When the Ghost Hunters get activity that shows up on the EMF detector?
That's electricity. The rest of the explanation just falls in place like falling dominoes.

Jav 😊
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Since you are not looking for an explanation, I am not going to voice my opinion.

And no, you are not alone. A lot of us have a lot of experiences where the science factor seems to get challenged. In my case, I have more or less managed to find explanations for most.

Cheers!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: