You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Horrific Hands

Real Ghost Stories

Horrific Hands

 

This happened last year in the month of March. I have never posted a story before... So I'm not quite sure how to go about telling it... I haven't really told anyone because it left me very shaken and quite scared to sleep that night. (I've told my closest friends and family.)

I was sitting in history class wide awake. I had napped in the class before that and was not tired. The teacher of the class put on a movie about the Great Depression. This classroom was out in a trailer because of lack of room in the school building.

I was sitting there watching the movie and doodling on the side of my paper. Being a typical bored freshman. I was still very awake during the movie. The lights were off but the sun was shining brightly through the windows. The FOUR windows to be exact. This particular trailer was always very warm and I very rarely got the chills in this class.

It was about 15 minutes into the movie and I got a sudden chill. I brushed it off and decided that it was just my lack of physical motion that was making me so cold. The chill grew steadily and it turned in to a case of the shivers then my teeth began to chatter slightly. I looked at the thermostat and it read 76 degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celcius). I found it strange that I was that cold in a 76 degree room and I was wearing a sweat shirt. I asked a couple of the people sitting around me if they were cold. The all said that it was either too hot or that they felt fine. A few minutes passed and that's when the energy drain started.

After the cold set in I all of a sudden got tired. Like... REALLY tired. It didn't happen slowly like the chills did. It still went at a steady pace but it was fast. I finally gave up fighting sleep so I put my head on my desk and promised myself that I would only rest for few minutes.

I began to dream. At least I hope it was a dream. I went into sleep paralysis. That much I know. I'll describe my 'dream' for you:

I'm sitting up in my history class in my seat. As if I'm waking up from my nap. The room is empty. I can feel it's been empty for a long time. I look out the window and it's dusk and a light snow is falling. I'm looking around the room. Not bothered by the sinister emptiness. The lights are off and a light film of dust coats every desk including me. It's beginning to get cold. Really cold. And I feel it as I breath the stale, musty air. I can see my breath now. Then the room gets darker and out from behind me about two dozen hands appear from behind me and began pulling at me. At my hair, my cloths, my limbs. Anything they can get their long bony fingers around. I can't see what the hands are attached to but I know I have to get them off. I try to scream but nothing comes out of my throat. I try to fight them off but I can't move. Fear fills my entire body and I begin to cry. As quickly as the hands appeared they disappeared. I relax my tensed body and look around. Able to breath again. Unexpected my two fingers, two ice cold, deathly fingers touch me on my left bicep. They peirce my flesh as if my sweatshirt weren't even there.

Then I wake up for real. The movie is still playing, the room is still warm and the cold spot on my arm is still there. I rub the spot and feel that my sweat shirt is cold in that one spot. I turn around to my friend Aimee who sits behind me and ask if she was the one who touched me. She said no. I asked her if anyone else had tried to wake me up. She said no. She gave me a look like I was strange. I turned around, unable to explain what had just happened. It had felt so real. The cold spot on my arm is still there but it's not as cold. I distinctly remember two fingers and I don't know why. I found it hard to sleep that night. But the appearence of the fingers is what I remember the most besides the Two-fingered cold touch and the unconditional fear I felt. They were life the dementors hands off of Harry Potter. If you haven't seen any of those movies or read the books... Allow me to illustrate... The flesh is like charred bone with abnormally long fingers and the the nails are thick and have a deep rotting purple tint. Pretty gross.

All I'm looking for is an explination. I'm scared of having another dream like that but that was the first dream I've had like that and I haven't had one since then. Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GreenGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissE (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-26)
Sometimes, if you have heart palpitations, you will get cold and lose consciousness and your muscles can spasm. I wonder if something like that happened to you?

I had that happen to me. It's very weird. I would definitely look into circulation/heart/breathing issues just to rule them out.
Aeropostale (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Everyone needs to chill. It was just a dream and a movie. Maybe the dream had something to do with the movie. Like, seriously. So what if they fell asleep during the movie? I've done that and I missed little. Like, 4 notes I should have taken, little.

Xx,
Jen
adsouza (guest)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Its good to be entertained every once.

Lesson - do not sleep in class.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
GreenGhost, don't worry. I believe you.
I think you had more then just a simple dream. Why don't you look into you school history. It might give you a better insight into what happened.
GIRLIE ❤
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Ummm... Yeah (Mr. Lumbergh's voice)

I'm going to ask you to go ahead and not write any more posts about your dreams... Mmmkay?

Thanks.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
GreenGhost: I'm sorry, but in my opinion this is not a paranormal experience... You were sleeping in class, something you know you're not supposed to be doing, and you woke up after having a DREAM about something...

Give me a break...
Thereisnospoon (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
That must have been terrifying...

I think what you experienced was 'astral projection'. From what I have read from various sources, it is easier to project the astral body during a sleep paralysis.
If you haven't heard of astral projection, it basically is transferring a part of one's consciousness outside the body while sleeping. It's very difficult to learn to do it at will, but it can sometimes spontaneously happen. An extremely vivid dream could be an astral projection episode.
I'm sorry I might not be very accurate regarding these because I have only read about these things on the internet and few books. But I hope it gives you the idea.
And I think you should keep yourself open to the possibility of a logical explanation too, you know, it could be just a dream.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
Hi GreenGhost, Maybe someone/thing thought to give you a wake up call. Maybe they thought that you should be paying attention in class... Instead of napping! 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: