You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Mirror

 

This happened when I was 10 years old. I was at Primary School and went to the toilets. Let me just explain that the bathroom had 4 cubicles with toilets in. In front of those were 4 sinks with 4 mirrors above them. On the left and right sides of the room were 2 paper towel dispensers. Now then, I walked into the bathroom feeling uneasy. I don't know what it was, but something made me say to myself "I need to get out of here!"

So anyway, I go into a cubicle and do my business, but when I came out to wash my hands, I looked in the mirror above me and saw a little girl getting paper towels. I thought it was just another kid in there with me but when I turned around I realized I was the only one in there! I look in the mirror again and she is still there. That's when I decide to run out screaming.

I told my friends about it but they just laughed and said it was my imagination. However, after they walked off, my best friend came to me and said, "I believe you. I've seen her too." She told me what happened and it turned out the girl she had seen was the same one I saw. "I saw her in the mirror," my friend said. We both freaked out and tried not to think about it. It was really scary.

Soon after, I went home to do some research. Turns out that exact school used to be a farm, and a little girl had died in some accident there. Me and my friend believe that same girl was the one we saw in the mirror.

I would really appreciate any comments about what me and my friend should do. We're still puzzled today, and need some advice. Any helpful comments I will tell to my friend. Thank you for taking the time to read our story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charmy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

robertar (223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
what school is this? Can you post the town/city and address?
Seren (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-08)
The only scientific explanation I can think of is a brain trick where if you look into a mirror from the right distance at a low light level, the image seems to morph and you see faces that aren't really there.
(http://mindhacks.com/2010/09/18/the-strange-face-in-the-mirror-illusion/)
It seems like you just quickly glanced at the mirror though and saw something very detailed... So that explanation wouldn't make much sense.

This story has creeped me out so much... I may have to cover up my mirror when I get home 😆 thanks for sharing 😁
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
As if you* can make

Had a spelling mistake there, my apologies.
galvon (142 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
have others ever experienced this in your neighborhood?

And have you googled similiar stories, perhaps finding a connection, at your school and other places with similiar reports.

Aswel, did you investigate the lil girl's murder?

As if uou can make her see what happend, and explain it to her, and show her the light, her soul might be free'd, but be careful.

It can also be an evil spirit trying to make you free her, sometimes ghosts are stuck in objects, perhaps the mirror can be such an object.

And if you have never experienced paranormal activity before, I suggest you find help too.

The spirit realms, are a strange place and you never know what can come from those planes of existence.
AnimeFreakXD (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
you know I also think that mirrors are like a portal to another dimention, to another world way far beond human imagination or som'in like that. That must have been a horible expirence and that's one of the reasons when I was little I would be realy scared of going to the bathroom alone (because we had a large mirror) but I suggest you talk to her and try to get her to cross over to the other side and help her find peace and see the light or whatever you would like to call it. 😁 😁 😁
Vixitty (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-07)
Very interesting. I have always been afraid of mirrors for that reason. It's almost like a realm to another world... 😨
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-06)
Hi I worked in my local primary school (my son attends it at the moment) and we had a Pre-school and after school club there. In the girls toilets there was a large sink where we would wash paint equipment and it also had a changing unit. The feeling I got in those toilets when I had to go in and do duties was awful, I was so scared and even when the lights were on it always seemed dim and it was always freezing. One day I was talking to a parent who was a former pupil she had just come out of these toilets with her child, she said to me "that's the first time I've been in those toilets for 25 years, the last time I was in there I was 7 and I saw a ghost behind me through the mirror'
Charmy I completely believe you... Is there an open minded teacher/adult you could speak to? Perhaps show your research about the farm... Please don't try to do anything on your own but it would be nice if this little girl could be moved on (I wouldn't like to spent eternity in the toilets 😆
John1997 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-05)
Thats really a really freaky experience. I had never had anything like this to me but it does make you mad when your friends don't believe you. Thanks for this good story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: