You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Misty Black Hand

Real Ghost Stories

Misty Black Hand

 

This is my second posting; I didn't get much feedback on my last post so I'm hoping this time will be different. Or someone knows what this is.

I'm not entirely sure what this is, but it's been happening to me for years and it's the same thing over and over again. At night when I'm laying down to sleep, an eerie feeling will creep over me, my heart rate will increase, I'm petrified, and it is like I know something is there, staring at me and when I pick up my hand to move (because it's always the first thing I think to do for some reason). My hand is black, with long black fingers, and it is almost a mist. I'm usually so petrified by seeing this I blink to make it go away.

It usually does, and the eerie feeling with it. I'm so scared to let whatever it is continue that I always blink and will it away, I never let it continue.

I have had many sightings of a black figure, particularly in my great grandmother's old house, in which the game room was full of activity. I was always so scared to go into the game room by myself as a little girl. At night the door would open by itself and this malevolent feeling would crash over me, I could never escape this fear. And when I see this hand, it is the same exact feeling. I never know when it's going to happen until I feel the eerie feeling wash over me.

I don't have any activity going on in my apartment, nothing out of the ordinary. But I have had many dreams relating to this, I feel like it is trying to creep in. I hope I am not just crazy.: (

Other hauntings by Rose345

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rose345, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-10)
Your last post mentioned an entity with glowing blue eyes. Were you experiencing the manifestations of the misty hand during the time that you saw the blue-eyed entity? If so, then it seems that the haunt is centered around you or your family. The other possibility is that you may be suffering from a mild type of psychosis - but I am eminently unqualified to suggest this. Whatever the cause, the events appear to be passive - no harm other than fear and anxiety - seems too be directed at you. My only suggestion would be to start keeping a written log of the events. Maybe something might reveal itself to you.
jabond99 (3 stories) (61 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-12-08)
Rose,

I agree with previous suggestions that you should fully explore the possibility that this hand could be dream related. It is possible, given the details you have listed.

On the other hand, you suggest this hand may be an encroachment by the dark figure you saw at your great-grandmother's house. In order to be able to offer an opinion on this, then more details are needed. You say you have had many sightings of dark figures. Have you researched and/or resolved any of these sightings? What has occurred at your great-grandmother's house? I suggest to perhaps put that in as a separate story rather than here in the comments, because not all folks read every comment, so you would get better views (and perhaps better advice) by posting those occurrences as a separate story.

I have went back and read your other story and would suggest that you list more specifics and details for both cases. Then those here reading may be in better position to help you.

Your experience is one that would concern me also. I hope you can find the answers you are looking for.

James Bond
Rex-T (5 stories) (288 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2019-12-08)
Rose345,

After reading your experience, my first question was "Are you sure that you were awake"?

My next reaction was thinking that if it was a vivid dream, how would anyone know whether they were asleep or awake?

Then Lealeigh posted the most sensible suggestion of keeping a dream diary. You could not only make entries after you wake up but also when this situation occurs while you are trying to settle down for sleep.

The trick with dream diaries is to log what happened as soon as you can, before you start forgetting the details. Even a cheap text book and pen within reach of your bed will suffice.

My mentor once explained to me that the sooner I got whatever was bothering me out of my head and into the diary, the sooner I would have a decent night's sleep.

Like LeaLeigh, this also worked for me and I pray that it will help you too.

Please keep us informed.
Rex-T
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-12-07)
Hello Rose345,

I think it would be a good thing if you tried to keep a dream diary. It seems to me that your experiences have taken deep root within your subconscious.

A dream diary can be therapeutic. There are many fears in waking life that surface during dreams and nightmares. I have read that dreaming is a way for your brain to organize and catalogue all of the random thoughts you have; I have read that dreams are useful in creation of long term memories.

I have kept a dream diary for many years and I don't remember the last time that I have had a nightmare with any clarity. It's been so long.

Don't worry that you're going crazy. Your worries only go to show that you are human.

Best Wishes and thank you for sharing your story.

- Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: