You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Encounter With A Negative Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter With A Negative Spirit

 

On April 1st of this year, my best friend LeeAnn and I were at my house doing homework. I have had paranormal experiences before, as I am sensitive to spirits, however I've never experienced anything like this. I heard a strange sort of pacing coming from upstairs in a hallway. I stopped what I was doing to listen, and the noises stopped. I immediately felt a sensation of being watched, and when I heard it again, it seemed like it was now in the same room as LeeAnn and I. (We were in the kitchen). As the footsteps continued, I told her not to worry because little things like this happen all the time. But right as I finished speaking, whatever was in the kitchen went quiet.

I got nervous and we got up to leave and right as we started walking towards the front door, we heard a sudden growly laugh that was startlingly loud. We ran out of the house and when I looked back to the front door, a black figure was staring back at us. Of course we decided to stay outside. By the time my older brother Chris got home, we were both in tears and I told him what happened. We all went back inside and LeeAnn and I just wanted to go to bed. I fell asleep quickly, but I awoke at 1 am.

I turned on my side and the figure was standing not three feet away from me. It seemed to be mumbling incoherently to itself and tapping the wall with it's left hand. I closed my eyes and willed it to go away and leave me alone, and fell back asleep after a few minutes. I haven't seen the figure since that night, and I'm hoping that I never encounter it again. It was most likely just a negative spirit, I wouldn't go as far as saying it was a demonic presence.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Haleighh005, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shadow-Girl (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Maybe put up a page from the bible, or something that keeps you safe, hold it/place it on the wall OR above your doorway.

(this might not help 😳)

Shadow-Girl
AllieAllison (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Queen zombie maybe right but keep in mind that it was April fools day. And the fact that you naver saw it before and never saw it after makes me think it was a prank. You have an older brother? Brothers can be mean he maynot have been home but...
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Are you still living in the house? I would try lighting a white candle and seeing if maybe he goes toward the light. He may just need some help crossing over.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: