You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Demons Of Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

The Demons Of Sleep Paralysis

 

My name is Paul, and I am 19 years old. This happened last year, at 18. This is my very first time submitting a story for you guys to read. I have visited this website many times, and thought it would be appropriate to submit my own. I suffer from sleep apnea, a type of disorder where your airway closes while sleeping, blocking air. It is during these time I believe demons can take advantage of your sleeping, weak state, and paralyze you. I have learned this from hours of research after my first experience:

I used to share a room with my younger brother (17), because we had let some relatives move in for a little while due to financial issues. It was early in the morning, around 8:30, when I awoke in my bed, which is across from brother's. I went to get up, but I couldn't move! From head to toe my body was entirely paralyzed, and the only working part of my body were my eyes. For someones first time this was freaky enough, but it got worse. I was laying on my right side, facing my brothers bed about 5 feet across the room. However, sitting right on the bed, about 1 inch from my nose, was a large black figure. He looked to be about 7 feet tall, with no hair. He was sitting on my bed facing forwards, hands on his knees, looking over his shoulder, observing me struggling to move.

At first, I thought it was my brother playing a joke, so I tried to touch him. Surprisingly, I actually managed to move my hand enough touch his back. As soon as I did, I remembered my brother had left for school 2 hours earlier. And as soon as I remembered, the thing disappeared, and so did my paralysis. I DID think it was a dream, but when I got up, I noticed the crease where he had been sitting. It was then that the terror fully washed over me, when I realized I had probably touched a demon.

This was the first experience of many sleep paralysis horrors, and I plan to tell them all here, soon! It was a slow descent into very scary nights before it got any better!

Thanks guys!

Other hauntings by shadesboy9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadesboy9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-31)
daeuny1000, Yes, I am a Christian. Thanks for the comment! F
daeuny1000 (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
Why do you believe that its a demon? Are you religious? Just asking.
skystorm13 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
I would never even attempt to move during sleep paralysis, I would definetly not try to touch a black figure on my bed! 😨
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Jack86: Unless you are completely crazy you know what the difference between dreams and reality is. Sorry just fact.:)
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Queenzombie, my next experience should be published soon! Thanks!
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Victor could well be 100% right

Theres far too many stories on this that all pull in the same direction...

How could that many minds be warped in the same way...

I have some guy telling me over and over in my story I submitted that I dreamt it... I pretty sure I didnt!
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
HAHA!:) This is a very creepy story and I am not sure what to make of it!

Shadesboy9 make sure to update us often!:)
The_Victor (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I'm just saying there is a lot more out there than most people like to admit. But yes... A doctor would lose his job quite quickly;)
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
It could be a hallucination and of course a doctor will say that. They can't be like "There is demon visiting you in your sleep!" They would be out of business so fast.

Also with the fact that there was an imprint.
I'm not saying it happened, and I'm not saying it didn't.

But this is one of the better stories I have read on here, very convincing as well.

Let us know what you find out!
The_Victor (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Ok, just throwing this out there... Yes, what is described here is an example of sleep paralysis. And yes, doctors will tell you it's hallucinations. However, I believe that demons actually can visit you in your sleep, when you're weak. The fact that there was an impression in your bed seems to confirm that. Prayer helps to get rid of the visitor.
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
MultiMahmoud9, Your Welcome! A hallucination could be possible! If so, my mind is very active.
MultiMahmoud9 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
I agree with Lydiajoi10 its probably a hallucination, Thanks for sharing 😁
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
yeah that's the conclusion I'm after coming to... Spent ages last night reading through peoples stories about this " black shadow man " and everyone's story seemed the same - He targets you when you and the people close to you are down, stressed out. When your heart isn't in it basically, you're easier prey I'm guessing... And always at night when your asleep, your guard is really down then.
Theres a good story here somewhere called - those who watch us when we sleep, give it a read.

I could be wrong... Like When I think about it, if someone said all that to me a month ago i'd say they were off there meds!
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Hi Jack86, yeah, that's exactly what he looked like! I knew it was a male figure just by the sheer size (about 7 feet). I hope you and I never have to see this demon again. Its funny, though. If you saw him, then he must go from people to people who have paralysis. Thanks!
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Jet black figure, really tall and you wake up absolutely sure its a man right...?

My friend I think I had the exact same thing happen me last week.

And yeah it went for me (so to speak) in my sleep also, I seemed to be in my bed fighting it literally and then trying to pray for help when I got the feeling I was losing against "it"...
Shadow-Girl (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-13)
Hmmm... I say this a lot (to much;]) But possibly try looking up history of your house, you might find some incident that might have happened there, and it could explain the demond.

I don't know if that was muc help. 😳
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
LydiaJoi10, don't worry about it. I'm open to all sorts of interpretations! Any opinion is welcomed as feedback.
I will be posting part 2 soon! Thanks again for the theory, I will look into it.
LydiaJoi10 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Not to minimize your experience or suggest that it is not significant in anyway, I feel that I should just mention a possible theory of what you may have actually experienced. To me your experience seems more like the disorder sleep paralysis. This disorder is probably responsible for more mistaken reports of the paranormal than any other.

During an episode of sleep paralysis a person will wake to find themselves unable to move any part of the body except, sometimes, their head or eyes. This can be accompanied by the feeling that there is somebody else in the room. In extreme cases the person will actually see, hear, smell or even feel a bedroom intruder which normally takes on the form of a supernatural entity from the culture of the victim.
The bedroom invader, which is a form of hypnopompic hallucination, can seem very real indeed and may even get into bed with the victim or, more rarely, be reported even to assault them. I now believe that I may have experienced this as well.

The condition is caused by disruptions to the normal sleep patterns, most particularly the shortening of dream sleep cycles. During dream cycles the body's muscles are paralysed by the brain to stop people from damaging themselves by acting out their dreams in bed. Now this is just a theory, I do, however, look forward to hearing your other stories. Thanks for sharing.
shadesboy9 (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
surprisingly enough, it kind of felt like shirt fabric! I think maybe if it was a demon it was trying to make think it was my brother by maybe mimicking a shirt or something. Thanks for the comment!
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-12)
Oh my god! That is so scary. Did you feel anything when you touched him?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: