You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mrs S.

Real Ghost Stories

Mrs S.

 

This experience happened in the Summer of 1994 Rotherham South Yorkshire England, when I had the day off work.

I decided I'd visit my mom and nan, who lived 10 minute's walk from me up the hill. So, as it was a lovely warm summer's day in the afternoon, I walked up to the house. As I came to the top of the hill and crossed over the road, there was one of the neighbours, Mrs S., coming down West Avenue towards the main road, dressed as she usually did in a long camel-coloured mac, carrying her shopping bag and crossed over the road diagonally.

This was a lady I've known my whole life. A kind neighbour who often had brought presents back from holidays for my brother, sister and me. I waved to her. She didn't respond, which was very odd as she would normally have stopped for a chat. We were getting closer to each other. She on one side of the road and me on the other. As we were passing each other, I kept waving to her and she kept ignoring me. The atmosphere was weird: no sounds, no cars or people about either, only us two.

When I got to my mom and nan's house and commented on the old neighbour who was acting strangely, my mother looked at me a bit funny, saying that it was impossible because she had passed over a few years previous.

I had completely forgotten (having got married and moved in to a flat and a new job) that she had passed over!

I'm not sure what to make of this experience. Could it have been some sort of time slip? Or was it her ghost still around going about her normal daily routine?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, diane39, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

diane39 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Thanks everybody for your comments, she didn't have a twin, and I saw her clearly but sounds like your right, a Residual type of thing, the atmosphere was strange. I've had loads of experiences from early childhood up and I'm training in a open cirle and developement group for mediums.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
diane39,
I have to agree with the others, Mrs S seems to have been a residual type of sighting. Her not reacting to your waving is a perfect example of residual behavior. She was just an imprint of her former self, a recorded bit of her daily movements playing back at a random point in time is all.

Jav
Morgy232 (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
it probally is her ghost it could be someone who looked like her but I doubt it, did she have a twin?

Morgy232 ❤
glodypink (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
it may be a ghost of her but maybe its someone else that kind of just looks like her. As you said that you saw her from across the street.
People can sometime look the same you know but the person that you saw may or may not be her 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Interesting experience and I hate to ask this but is there any chance this was a person that looked like Mrs. S and was ignoring you because she did not know you?

If not a living person, then odds are you witnessed, as Mannerizms has stated, a Residual Haunting. A simply replay of something Mrs. S did repeatedly during her life.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-14)
Seems as though maybe she is just a residual being now, like you stated just going on her Merry way not realizing what's going on and in her own time loop.

Thank you for sharing!

Blessed Be ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: