You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Encounter With Jinns

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter With Jinns

 

This is a real life incident about a relative, who dabbled in the black arts and paid a very heavy price for it. My sister was married to a Muslim guy and his aunt was highly interested in mastering certain practices mentioned in the Koran, which if done correctly can allegedly give you a lot of powers.

Muslims believe in the concept of Jinns, which are powerful supernatural entities and there are good as well as bad jinns. There are Suras (chapters) in the Koran which outline the procedure for capturing and enslaving these jinns. Apparently it is a very dangerous procedure as it has to be performed by the person when he / she is alone and the complete procedure stretches over several days, for a few hours each day.

Obviously the jinns are not very happy when a person tries to perform this ritual and they will try their best to scare that person. Getting scared and/or leaving the procedure half-way through is one of the worst things one can do, as failure to complete it will lead to the death of the person or result in him/her becoming mad or possessed. Therefore only a brave hearted person, who has enough faith in himself and God should ideally attempt this.

Even after the ritual is successfully completed and the person has managed to capture a Jinn, he/she has to exert a lot of control as otherwise the Jinn can turn against its master and kill him/her. One has to read the Namaaz five times a day, keep Roza (fast) and observe other strict religious disciplines to keep the Jinn in control. The Jinn will implicitly obey its master and do whatever is asked of it. As it is a supernatural being, the master will no doubt become a very powerful and rich person, but he/she is expected to use the powers for the benefit of others.

All this I have learned from my Muslim friends and I hope my other Muslim readers can verify what I have mentioned here.

Coming back to my story, this lady (my brother-in-law's aunt) was somehow fascinated with this ritual and wanted to perform it. All this happened 30-35 years ago, when she was quite young and nobody knows why she wanted to get involved in something so dangerous. Maybe her youth and naivety made her oblivious to the risks or she was bored and wanted to do something exciting... Or maybe she craved for the powers that would be hers once she completed the ritual.

Whatever the reason, she did not inform her husband, as he would have certainly forbidden her, and she practicing it daily when her husband was away for work. At first, it went smoothly, but gradually she started encountering paranormal phenomena such as seeing shadows and hearing whispers all around her, smoke or mist pouring in from everywhere and shrouding her, unbearable changes in temperature both hot and cold etc. Though she was frightened out of her mind, she continued her pursuit until she crossed the point of no return, when these events intensified. She started seeing demons all around and hearing their frightful screams and whispers. To cut a long story short, one day she could bear it no more and fainted out of fright in the middle of the ritual. (This part of the story was coaxed out of her later by her husband and other relatives, but she was often incoherent and there were huge lapses in her narrative)

When her husband came home and saw his wife lying senseless with the holy Koran in her lap, he at once guessed what she had done. He had however no idea how far she had gone. She suffered from high fever for several days and was almost at death's door more than once. Needless to say the procedure was disrupted and she was never able to complete it.

When she became well again, her family members noticed a huge change in her behaviour. She used to be very cheerful and friendly, now her demeanour changed to cold and calculating, even sinister at times. She would no longer laugh and enjoy with other women of her age, but sit silently brooding for hours on end. Often her family members would catch her glaring at one of them malevolently. She would lapse into periods of insanity and then she would order others around in a male, guttural voice. Once her mother-in-law had the shock of her life when this lady assumed the voice of the old woman's late husband and ordered her to fetch a glass of water. Even her husband and her children were scared to be alone with her.

On one occasion my sister was alone late one evening and she was waiting for my brother-in-law, when this lady walked into her house and announced that she would stay with my sister until her husband returned. As many of my brother-in-law's relatives (including this lady) lived in the same building this was not unusual, but my sister had only been married for a few months, was pregnant and she had heard about this story from her husband. Needless to say she was scared out of her mind and quite relieved when her husband returned shortly.

I heard about this incident around 19 years ago and it has been many years since my brother-in-law has passed away. I do not know what happened to that unfortunate lady and if her strange behaviour still persists.

Other hauntings by discerninguser

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, discerninguser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Soul_Edge (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
discerning user, a procedure like this, which is not only not outlined in the Qur'an, it can't even be considered as being encouraged in Islam.

The vast majority of Muslims won't even know about anything like this. Also, it looks like you're confusing a couple of things. Someone who becomes what we call an aamil, normally won't be getting rich off it. It seems that you're confusing that with a practitioner of black magic.

Within the Muslim community there is this notion that if someone charges for this type of service, they are not legitimate and the fact that they take some form of payment for it negates any benefit from what they might do. This is especially prevalent in the Indian subcontinent. Though this doesn't have any religious basis but I digress.

On the other hand, most people who do this type of ritual will not be very open or public about it. To do it for others is a time consuming and risky process. As I mentioned in your other thread, trying to help someone afflicted by mystic afflictions may subject one to retaliation from whoever is trying to help the victim. This type of person becomes prone to it.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
Soul_Edge Yes, the procedure is not outlined in the Quran. However it seems that it still can be done by following certain procedures which involve Quranic verses.

And yes you are right, her husband was operating a transportation business, so he would be out of house for several days at a time.
Soul_Edge (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-17)
Hi discerning user, thanks for providing the additional info. However, I will just add that the ritual you have quoted is not mentioned in the Qur'an itself, nor is there any recommendation in the religious texts of such a ritual.

As per the procedure that you've described, it doesn't seem likely that she would even be able to perform it in her husband's absence while he's at work unless he was working the night shift.
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
Hi Elina_ghostly, thanks for your interest. The lady (as far as accounts heard by me) continued to be mentally disturbed for the rest of her life and could not be left alone by her family members. Nobody would also stay alone with her, not her husband or even her children. She passed away a few years ago. Sad end to a miserable wasted life. It gives us a lesson - not to mess with nature, atleast unless you have the maturity and mental power to handle the consequences. ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
For those who are challenging me that Quran does not encourage any dealings with Jinns, here is something that I have copy-pasted from an Islamic website (giving the Quran reference nos & procedure for summoning Jinns) -

"How to bring Jinnat under control with the help of Surah Muzammil"

After Isha Namaz, read Surah Jinn 7 times and Surah Muzammil 160 times. Read Durud Shareef 11 times before and after reading these Surahs. This amal should be done until 40 days, at the same time and the same place. Both types of abstinence (Jalali & Jamali) should be done.

On the 40th day, scary images will be seen and on the night, the amil will be shown frightening images and even nude women. If the amil remains undeterred and does not cross over the hissar, then his mission would be successful.

On the following morning, the shah jinnat will approach the amil and ask the reason for the amil's summoning him. Once the amil appeals to him for help in a humble way, then the shah jinnat becomes subservient to the amil throughout his life.

(Source - www.jinninislam.blogspot.in)

The above website also gives lots of details and explanations (attire to be worn during procedure, hierarchy of Jinnat, their powers, how they were created, what incidents take place during the procedure etc). It also has a section called "Does Islam permit taking help from Jinnat?" which goes on to clarify that taking help from pious Jinnat is recommended.

I hope this will prove sufficient to the doubting thomases. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-13)
Thanks for all those who have taken time to read my stories and comment on them. Some people have complained that Quran does not have any such procedure for summoning Jinns and as such I am giving a bad reputation to Islam.

I beg to differ on this. Nobody can be really sure that their interpretation of the Quran is right. We have fanatics interpret Quran & Hadiths in very violent & bloody ways and kill hundreds of millions of innocent people in last 1400 years, while moderates insist that Islam is a religion of peace. So which interpretation to believe?

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
Soul_Edge (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-03)
As has been pointed out already, the Qur'an does not encourage or even outline a procedure to take control of the jinn. What happened to this lady seems like a case of possession.
Elina_ghostly (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-25)
Well discerninguesr you have given the description very well which surprised me. I will be interested to know more about the strange lady. If you know more please reply. It was a good story than for sharing
shahabazkhan (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-21)
Hi discerninguser,

I must correct you that the Kuran does not endorse business with the jinns. Infact it clearly FORBIDS any communication with them (except for teaching islam to them)

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Jinn 72: 6
6. 'And verily, there were men among mankind who took shelter with the masculine among the jinns, but they (jinns) increased them (mankind) in sin and disbelief.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Hello discerninguser, that was a chilling account indeed. It is better that if we know that certain things are dangerous, we not go near it or practice it or try to master it. I am sorry for the woman.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
ghostlysmile (guest)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Very scary the story was interesting too, I feel sad for the lady too
n9ne (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-26)
Wow. I didn't even know about Jinns until Supernatural, but they sure sound terrifying. Thank you for sharing this story! ๐Ÿ˜
kjeez (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-10)
I have been reading stories on this site but I have never been this scared, as if I was ryt next to ths women who is doing ths. My heart was beating so fast as if I was running. Tanx for the exciting story.
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-10)
Does anyone know if what I experienced was a djinn... I met a guy and he said he could speak to spirits (by them whispering in his ear and telling him things) and he could heal people and he said something over me in arabic that night I had the most scariest dream about rough ocean trying to pull me off a cliff but I never let go. I woke up sweating and sooo boiling hot I had to turn on the aircon, and it wasn't even hot at all. Do Djinns make you feel like your burning?
Because the guy told me I had a dream like that cause it was testing me and I was hott because it touched me while I was sleeping, ever since then I wake up at 3am every night thinking someone is watching me
trusted_soul (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-10-09)
Oh wow so maybe the spirit I could feel around me was a djinn demon, thanks a lot for the story it helps me realise that it was probably a djinn demon messing around with me about 6 months ago!
Would you like to hear my story?
mothspeaker (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-08)
I loved this story! It was well told. I love to read the ghost stories from India on this website.
zoya93 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-28)
very interesting story, ill be sure to share this with others!
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-19)
RedMoon, thanks for the heads up... I think you will find my other narratives interesting as well... Do go through them and tell me how you liked them...
RedMoon (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
I've been looking for this story ever since I read it on my phone. I actually like this story. Favoring it ๐Ÿ˜
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
discerninguser,

I now pull out one of my favorite things... The Good Book of Webster... Chapter: P...Verse: paranormal; and read...

Paranormal: Unable to be explained or understood in terms of scientific knowledge.

So by definition Aliens and UFO's are technically paranormal... However, to address the 'spirit' (no pun intended) of your question...

Aliens (let's say they exist), Aliens are physical beings, either from another planet, time or dimension and therefore do not... DO NOT fall into the realm of Spirits / Entities... Ghosts as we refer to them on this site. However some things which are experienced by people and refereed to as a Ghostly Visitation may actually be caused by Alien influence.

Again, not quite on topic for this site... But that small 'shadow person' at the end of the bed... Or those strange 'orbs' may not be Spirit related but rather Alien Visitations.

Respectfully,

Rook
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-06)
Rook, sure I have heard about the Son of Sam... Also have seen the movie Summer of Sam...

From biblical times, we have had instances of people doing things which they claim have been directives from higher beings... Some of them were good deeds, while a few were plain evil... Moses and Joan of Arc are a few of those people who come to my mind, who have claimed to have been inspired by God.

I feel that most of the great people in history had some divine intervention in their lives... Shivaji Maharaj was said to have been particularly blessed by the goddess Durga. Akbar was said to have been protected by the soul of the powerful Muslim mystic Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti

Yeah this is not a serial killer discussion board, but some of them are so evil... Something paranormal has definitely messed up with their minds...

What do you feel about the possibility of a strong connection between aliens and paranormal entities?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
discerninguser,

Richard Ramirez (The Night Stalker) was just plain 'sick' but the Son of Sam (David Berkowitz) claimed that he was commanded to kill by a demon that possessed his neighbor's dog.

But there is worse, there is Andrei Chikatilo, who killed (at least) 52 people between 1978 and 1990 in Russia before being captured, tried and executed for his crimes.

But we digress, this is a Ghost Story Site, not a serial killer discussion board...

Respectfully,

Rook
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
rookdygin, thanks for setting the record straight. I never knew all these things about Charles Manson. I assumed that he might have been a Satan worshipper or alternatively, I must have confused him with another serial killer Richard Ramirez.

No question at all about being 'rude'...it is always good to share knowledge and correct people, when they are wrong.

In that context, I remember the case of Raman Raghav, a serial killer who operated in Bombay (the same city where I reside) in the mid-60s and killed homeless people by smashing their heads in. His case is as horrifying as it is fascinating and he claimed to have been instructed by the "moon-god" to commit those murders. An alternate claim is that he heard voices in his head. His page on Wikipedia makes for very interesting reading. I do believe that some strange entities (possibly aliens) messed up with his mind.

Vibhanim21, the reason we think that jinns are friendly is because that is the way they are portrayed in Disney movies such as Alladin. However that is far from the truth, according to people who have dealt with them.
vibhanim21 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
till now I thought that jinns were supposed to be very nice and friendly. I never knew they can do such things!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
discerninguser,

I enjoy your inputs and refreshing insights but I have to say something concerning your last comment... (Quoted so there is no misunderstanding...)

"But such murderers also claim that they have been ordered or controlled by a powerful unseen entity (sometimes Satan himself as in Charles Manson case), which forced them to do the murders."

Manson NEVER claimed to Hear the Voice of Satan telling him to do things, or to have others do things for him. Manson's 'Family' was twisted and He claimed to be Christ more than he ever identified with Satan.

He changed his name to Charles Willis Manson..."Willis," his new name became an acronym for Charles' will is man's Son, meaning that his will was the same as the Son of Man. Manson implied that he was Jesus Christ reincarnated. He told about dying on the cross 2,000 years ago. And he told of a dream after taking magic mushroom (psilocybin) in which his bed became a cross and he felt the nails in his hands and feet as well as the sword in his side. He also spoke of surrendering himself to death. He needed to die to self to be spiritual. Manson used a cult mentality, drugs, music, psychology, Scientology, sorcery and a combination of mystical skills to beguile his followers so that they would be willing to kill, and give their lives for him.

So I do not mean to be 'rude' but I do like the 'facts to be facts', I just can't help myself.

Respectfully,

Rook
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-04)
fauji - What you are saying could be very well true that Quran or Islam does not mention such acts or promote them... And I am willing to accept that... But if you read through my other comments, I have at one point quoted a Pakistani guy who has mentioned some similar acts and talks about ayat, surah etc... So I believe that these religious books can be interpreted in several ways, depending upon the perception of the concerned person.

Vibhanim21 - A spiritual or superstitious person might say that she has been possessed by spirits and has to be exorcised... While a scientific person will say that she is psychologically unwell and needs treatment...

For example, there are many serial killers, who have undergone psychiatric treatment for their antisocial tendencies and are believed to be mentally sick by their doctors... But such murderers also claim that they have been ordered or controlled by a powerful unseen entity (sometimes Satan himself as in Charles Manson case), which forced them to do the murders.
vibhanim21 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
was something wrong with her mind? But even I have hears of some people getting possessed with spirits.
fauji (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-30)
interesting... There have been many such reports of people going crazy trying to tame or control djinns... But that's not the reason I'm writing this... I just wanted to clarify something... The Quran does speak of djinns... But it does NOT say anywhere that djinns should be called upon for help by controlling them... No surah explains how the procedure takes place... In fact the Quran forbids such acts... May be your friends are not well versed regarding their own religion... Just wanted to rectify the misconception that Quran or Islam promote such acts...
discerninguser (6 stories) (82 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
LydiaJoi10 - thanks for your comments... If you found my narrative interesting, you might want to check out other accounts written by me and tell me how you found them...

As far as Arabian Nights are concerned, the stories that we have been reading are over-simplified versions... There are many dark aspects to these stories that are glossed over... The genies that are summoned by rubbing lamps and rings are not as benevolent as depicted in those versions... They demand that their masters keep them constantly engaged or else they will kill them...

I believe that these genies in the arabian nights are a metaphor for a man's character and his spirit, which can be used for one's benefit by hard work (rubbing vigourously on the lamp)...but the mind and energy of an individual also needs to be kept constantly occupied with productive pursuits, otherwise it will turn towards evil and destructive purposes (like the jinns who need to be constantly kept occupied, otherwise they will destroy their masters)...

I also believe that there are many planes of existence and/or dimensions and mankind occupies one of the lower rungs... Therefore he has very limited awareness of what goes on in the other planes, whereas the entities occupying those dimensions are more aware...

For comparison take a batch of bacteria, which somebody is observing under a microscope... That person is aware of the existence of bacteria and can observe what they are doing, how they are multiplying etc... But the bacteria are completely unaware of the existence of human beings and that they are being watched...

Little-demon - can you be more specific? What kind of things are happening to you? Your statement is very vague... I doubt any of us can help or advise you, if you provide so few details...
LydiaJoi10 (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
First, I must say this is one of the most fascinating stories I have had the opportunity to read on this site, also very well-written! Now what I am familiair with regarding Jinns is related to that of Arabian folklore. Fir example, in the story, "Arabian Knights", jinns or genies came from Aladdin's Lamp.

Furthermore, based on what I've been told by my Physical Therapist whose religion is Islam and during a conversation about the paranormal the topic of Jinns came about. My PT said that the highest of the Jinns is Iblis, formerly called Azazel, the prince of darkness, or the Devil.

The Jinns were thought by some to be spirits that are lower than angels because they are made of fire and are not immortal. They can take on human and animal shapes to influence men to do good or evil. They are quick to punish those indebted to them who do not follow their many rules. This could very well been the situation involving this poor woman.

She was completely in over head. Never dabble in the occult, as I and many others may say. Great read, Thanks for sharing!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: