You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Son And Myself

Real Ghost Stories

My Son And Myself

 

Before my son was born in October of 2008, my wife's grandmother was passing away. While my wife was visiting her (while pregnant) her grandma told her that she has seen our son. My wife thought she was just going through the stages of death and being old. She mentioned a name jewjew. (My son's name is Jude and jewjew is his nickname). Well she past and later that year my wife had my son Jude. My wife said she described him to a T to his size to his eyes.

My son was active and always looking around our apartment, but he would always look up at the corners of the room and start laughing and giggling like someone was there. We made jokes and said it's probably your grandma or my wife's mom. Well one night while lying in bed watching TV I looked out the crack of the door leading to the hallway and saw a white ball or orb float into my sons room (I don't know if that's good or bad). I was frozen and couldn't move, because I was scared. I told my wife about the incident and she blew it off. The laughing at corners continued.

One night I wake up to my son screaming (he is a baby) so I go fix a bottle and hold him and rock him. During this time he is looking into the corner, he then looks at the closest, looks at me with a scared face and starts crying. I suddenly got hot chills not cold but hot. I heard a crash in the closet and ran out the room. I told my wife what had happened and she said "oh a hanger just fell." That night on I never felt comfortable in my sons room, and always felt weird but not like there was something nice there.

My sister in law never heard these stories but when she would come over she would refuse to go upstairs (my son and our room where upstairs). When I was growing up I used to feel things and still do, I don't know how accurate this is but I personally associate cold as a neutral spirit, and hot or hot chills as a negative spirit.

Well I tell my father in law all what happened and he gave me a bottle of holy water and an old cross and said bless all the windows, doors and other areas you feel needed. My wife and I do this and the feelings positive and negative go away. My wife later confesses that while putting my son to sleep one night she heard a voice say "goodnight jewjew", then when she herself lay down she heard "sweet dreams". We later decided to move out of that apartment.

I myself have always felt things or supernatural around me so much that my saint (catholic religion) is Lucian the protector and healer of possession. I have always been terrified of being possessed and creating my own poltergeist, my wife says I may get random hauntings or scares because they know I am afraid and that it is because I believe in them. She said acknowledge them don't believe in them. The things of my childhood and teenage years are not good and probably brought upon myself. I currently haven't felt anything in my new home. I have more stories of my childhood experiences I would like to share. If you have any comments to add it's highly appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brightshadow, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
[at] Rougewitch: I am curious to know why you think Jude's grandmother is dangerous?
kemmi88 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Confusing, but maybe the time that your baby cry, a negative spirit might be really there since babies can feel them or even see them. 😨

For me not all black means bad, and not all white means good. 😕
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-17)
Interesting story, I believe that Jude's grandmother was there protecting him that's sweet. Can't wait to hear morf from you.

~Nikky❤
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
I think Jude's grandma, was there to protect him and you guys from what ever was in the closet. I like how you never said that you thought what ever was in the closet was a demon, because I don't really believe in demons, only angry spirits.
I hope things continue to be good in your new house.
GIRLIE ❤
RougeWitch (guest)
-3
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Dear Brightshadow,
Seems like after your wife's grandmother passed away, she didn't left this world.
But be careful, she can be very dangerous.
I hope all the chaos for you dissapeared after you moved, if she'll come in this apartment too then I suggest you to talk to a Priest or a Wiccan/Pagan someone with the abilities of seeing ghosts and can help you.
I wish you goodluck and all the best!...Bianca ❤
Ibelieveheshere (2 stories) (68 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Hello, Which part Of Louisiana are you at about that Story? Sorry about your Wife's grandma passed away seem like she is there to Protect your Son.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
The "acknowledge but don't believe in them" stumped me for a bit aswell, can it mean you acknowledged something may be happening but don't believe what you think it could be? Geez I'm starting to confuse myself lol 😆.

All up I do believe your son was being watched over by your wifes mother and grandmother, and possibly buy a differant spirit, but that isn't to say that anything there was negative. Gut instinct is a powerfull ally, if you didn't feel right in the room, that's fair enough in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I agree that they go hand in hand. If you acknowledge them, then you obviously believe in them. But I also see that it was your wife that feels that way, not you. Makes a huge difference in my opinion.

Jav
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I'm struggling with the concept of "acknowledge but don't believe"...In my opinion, the very act of acknowledgement means you are believing...So, by saying to yourself "yes they exist but I don't believe it" is rather oxymoronic, isn't it?...
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I mean it in a more simplistic way

By acknowledging that these events do happen is a person more of a target so to speak than his neighbour?

I understand the concept of negativity possibly attracting things and Id be inclined to agree with it...
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
It is an old tale jack but yes, a negative spirit or demon will play on peoples emotions and make them targets kind of like the police will pull anyone over to make a quota, it is kind of the same concept.

I would be really careful brightshadow, please consider Rook's cleansing as it does help.

Blessed be ❤
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
do you really believe that because you acknowledged their existence it made you a target?

I'd be fascinated to know someone else's view on it...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Interesting experience. I am glad you shared it with us. I do believe you had a genuine reason for feeling the way you did about the negativity. You have felt these things for a long time and should always trust your gut in situations like the one you wrote about here. I can't wait to here about the others you plan to share as well.

Jav
lynrinth (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
I think you have a mixture of spirits. Your wife's grandmother may come for a visit now and then... And others just might decide to tag along.
Queenzombie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
The feeling you experience when the baby was crying in his room was negative? But the orb like thing you saw our your door going into his was white? I am not an expert by any means but if you associate cold with neutral and hot with bad... Would you associate white with good/neutral and black with bad? Maybe there was something negative and maybe your wife's grandmother was there to protect him?

I feel how your wife feels about the acknowledge them but don't believe in them. Don't step on their toes by trying to get their attention.

Let me know your thoughts.:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: