You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Doubtfull Yet Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

Doubtfull Yet Haunted

 

This is the first time I am posting my own experience about my encounter with the paranormal. I really hope you guys can help me out.

First of all I would like to tell you all that I am not sure whether it was a real encounter or not, so I would like you all to clarify my doubts.

I shifted to my new house with my parents 4 years back. It's a new apartment that we bought and it's quite nice. The encounter occurred within the first few months of our arrival. Let me tell you that the place where this house is situated has never been marked as a spot of haunting. No stories regarding this place are there. Moreover this apartment is located in the heart of the city.

My grandpa who passed away 3 years back was seriously ill back then. The night I will be talking about was a pleasant night. My grandpa suddenly became extremely nauseated and suffocated and so my parents had to rush him to the hospital. It was around 10 in the night. I was all alone in the house with my little dog Golu. I had my dinner, fed Golu and I decided to turn on the a.c and take a nap. My mom called me up a few minutes later telling me that they have to stay back at the hospital for the night. I was okay with that and so I went to my room with Golu locked all doors and windows, turned on the a.c and jumped into the bed. Suddenly I heard a little click and I was horrified to find the door of my room wide open. I still remember very well that I had perfectly locked the door of my room. And in no way the door could have opened by itself unless someone goes there and turns the bolt to unlock it. I was taken aback. But I don't know why I wasn't scared. I looked at Golu to find him standing at the edge of my bed and staring towards the door. I wanted to investigate so I went down in the living room. Oh, I forgot to mention that our flat is a duplet one so you need to climb up the stairs to go to my room. I went down, turned on the lights of my living room and looked at the window to my right to see what seemed like a shadow that resembled the silhouette of a man sweep past the window. Yes, I got a little nervous that time and went back to my room and fell asleep. That was it.

This is the one and only encounter I have ever had in this house until date. However, often I hear footsteps in my room. The sound is more like someone brushing his feet on the ground. That doesn't scare me to tell the truth. So, this is my story. I know you people might find it boring but I would be really glad if you can help me. I would really like an explanation regarding my encounter and the cause of sound of footsteps in my room.

Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sangeet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-09)
Need more data. Clearly preliminary information suggests there might have been a spirit. No malevolent act was performed so it seems the spirit is not exactly an evil one, but all the information given is of, like, day 1. Even evil spirits do not start to poke on day 1. Just need more information.

Try to either find some previous information about the same spot or a clairvoyant or a seance performer can shed some light on this case. No black magic, voodoo nonsense... These are powers which are difficult to master and control and hence has a chance to go out of control.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
allesgute - nothing offensive at all. I see you've only been a member for a couple of days. Hopefully you'll enjoy the humor that is intended but we don't want to spoil the fun for the others right now 😉
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-01)
I'm a little surprised... That the word 'dog' has been replaced by 'clown' in all the reader comments. Is there something offensive in the word 'dog'?
Sangeet (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-02)
My dog is kind of agressive. Yes, he follows me around and is a brave little dog. But that night he acted strange I can tell you that. He didn't move an inch from my bed. He kept staring at my door and didn't follow me even when I got down to check
necular (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-28)
Dear Sangeet,

I have some questions:
1) Is your dog of aggressive type means does he bark at any unknown person and to others dogs which enter in your locality or he is not so aggressive little scared type who hides behind his owner.

2) Does your dog loves you and always follow you where ever you go.

Waiting for your answers.
nemaa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
May be it was shadow trick as mentioned by you, but please make sure you have checked every lock of your house for your safety.
Sangeet (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
About the dog. He never barked. When the door opened by itself he kept staring towards the door without uttering a noise. And even when I got down to the living room to investigate he did not get down with me. He was up there in my room. I'm not really concerned about the shadow. It might have been a trick of light.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Are you sure about whether your dog had not chased away a potential thief?
Sangeet (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Yeah! Mid June means the monsoon here in kolkata but that night was a perfect summer night. Clear sky. And by that time of the night the main gate of our apartment was locked and in no way someone could have entered. Maybe the shadow was some sort of trick of light but I still have no answers for the door getting unlocked and the sound of footsteps.
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Mid June in Kolkata means rains. Cloudy weather probably. Have you looked at all the physical aspects that could have caused something like this to 'appear'?
Sangeet (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-16)
Kolkata, West Bengal... And the time of the year was mid June... Summer, here in india...
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-15)
Sangeet: What you have shared is good information. In order to be able to find any answers, we would need some more information.
Namely, which part of India for starters; and what season of the year was the night you have spoken about.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: