You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost Hunting With Loonies 2

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting With Loonies 2

 

On May 24, 2012, my husband Mark and I met up with a group of friends (some I met on this site) at the Mansfield Reformatory for an overnight private ghost hunt.

First, we were given a tour of the building along with historical information about it. After that, the lights were turned out and we were set free to roam the building as we saw fit. One of the first things I noticed was that there didn't seem to be any cobwebs anywhere. This is important to note; because, throughout the night, I kept feeling like I had cobwebs touching my face. I would try to wipe them off, but there was nothing there. It was just the sensation of them all over my face.

One of the first places I went was down into solitary confinement. The atmosphere down there was very heavy and I started having a pain in the back of my neck, near the base of my skull. It went away once I left the area. During my walks through the cell blocks, Mark and I heard someone walking directly below us. Mark even heard the jingling of keys. The footsteps stopped as soon as we stopped. No one was in the area at the time except us. I took a digital recorder with me to try to capture some EVP's.

At one point I had turned it off, but somehow it turned back on and started recording. It recorded for 24 minutes before I noticed! During those 24 minutes I captured two EVP's. The first one was really creepy and was very guttural. It says quite a bit but I can't make it out. It just sounded really pissed off. Http://soundcloud.com/clever210/creepy-voice

The next one happened when I was inside one of the cells. Someone had put some stuff on the walls of the cell and I said, "Look at that." A couple seconds later a voice whispers, "What's it say?" http://soundcloud.com/clever210/whisper

Later on into the night I was in the part of building used as offices and living space for staff. We had all of our lights off and everyone was being quiet. There was some light coming through the windows, so we were not in total darkness. I was in one of the rooms when I saw a guy that I thought was Mark walk into the room across from me. I followed in after him only to discover that there was no one in the room but me.

After this, Mark and I went to walk back downstairs to where I assume were offices at one point. There was a room across from the chapel area, where I got a really bad vibe that something was just not right. Nothing happened, but I felt like there was someone watching me the whole time I was in that area. I had a great time that night and was really surprised to have so many experiences. I hope to go back there soon.

Other hauntings by clever210

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, clever210, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-11)
Thanks for reading my account of the ghost hunt, Ruby! Also, welcome to YGS. 😁
Ruby_Rose90 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-10)
Hey, I'm going through and reading all the stories of those involved in this, sounds like you all had a very interesting time to say the least.
When I first listened to the creepy voice it sounded almost like it was talking backwards I had the tv on too tho so was only half listening, then I read the comment from devious angel "...complete, so I'm strangled in that house". And could that... So may be power of suggestion there however I get the feeling its saying thanks to... (cant make this out) ... I'm stranded in this/that house now. Could be my own imaginations take on it tho. Either way a great evp especially seems he/it wanted to be heard by turning it on itself!
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Thanks to everyone that has commented. 😁

DeviousAngel: Thanks for trying to decipher what it was saying. I have listen to it over and over and have not been able to figure it out.

Daz: I like your theory about it being the same person. It's very possible, because both of those EVP's are from the same recording. Later on I found another one in that same time frame and I can't help but think that someone was following us the whole time on our walk. I am really hoping to go back there soon.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-01)
I can't make out much of the creepy voice, but it possibly sounds like "...complete, so I'm strangled in that house". Not sure, but I listened to it about a dozen or so times and that's what I got.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-29)
clever, I found your audio recordings very interesting and pretty intense, IMO I feel both audio's are of the same person who seems to have expressed two different types of emotions, the first one being an emotion of anger... The expression was not welcoming that's for sure, in the next one I thought it was the same voice but less intense perhaps it was that person who was following you around and then again perhaps what you picked up on was that person in conflict with something else in the building? Perhaps they are a trapped soul who lose's their mind in certain area's of the building reliving the past, your audio was able to pick up on there voice but not the complete dialogue of mind, as what visual comprehension they had going on at the time... Could have been a whole lot different to yours? Perhaps explaining the static in your audio compared to the rest of the troops... I just can't get over the anger, I don't conclude that they were mad with you for any reason, just feel you caught something else... Thank you for sharing.

Daz 😁
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-18)
I have three pictures out of 54 that have orbs in them. One orb is in the chapel area. It looks like there is a face in it. (I know, probably my imagination.) One orb is in the room where I saw the guy walk into, but no one was there. I also caught two orbs in one of the cell blocks. I have one picture that has a really weird looking black mass in the corner. It's the only pic that has anything like that. The edges are sort of misty and the thing is blacker than black. And it is definitely not a thumb. It wasn't there when I took the picture. Also in that pic (this is when were were in the dark, so no lights were on) there are these two small lights way up high that have an orange look to them. They are oval and I don't remember seeing anything like that when we were there. Could be nothing, but I thought I would mention it. I didn't notice any of these things the first few times I looked at the pictures, which is a little strange to me.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Oooo glad you liked the theory of the Ectoplasm.😊
Marjie yeh that would have been great to actually catch some and bring it home for Dalton lol let me know when you catch some of that because I would like some aswell!πŸ˜† Sounds as though he is going to be one hell of a ghost hunter when he is older! 😁

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Maybe I should explain the spider-webbie-thingies:...It wasn't like running into a web or cobweb, it was like the little threads they make to go from one place to another, like hair tickling... I kept making sure all my stray hairs were tucked behind my ears (I was wearing a ball cap and had my hair in a pony tail)...
Jesus_soldier (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
I was amazed by your 'creepy voice' evp. I'm not sure what the spirit said, but have you thought about sending this clip to paranormal researchers? I found a group in Ohio by the name PRO (Paranormal researchers of Ohio). It says that their family members of TAPS. You can check out their website if you want. I would drag the link, but I don't know how to do that on my playstation 3 πŸ˜†.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
adsouza - during the tour, other than a few "odors" here and there and "what was that, did you hear that?" or a shadow or two, we really didn't know that we "caught" as much as we did.

Once we compared notes and listened to the EVPs, it was definitely worth the trip. After all is said and done, I'd do it again. Only this time, I think we'd do a little less talking and a lot more EVPs. Saying that, I really have got to get mine written... It has a cat in itπŸ˜‰ Seriously, how many of my stories don't have cats πŸ˜†

On to the next one! πŸ˜†
stephyw2001 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
haha Adsouza don't forget Cosmogal!
You and the Aussies need to save up for next year's trip! 😊

And Lou, the ceilings were low enough that when there was a bat in there with you, you ducked and covered πŸ˜† Probably around 6 foot or so high? Sound about right girls?
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Granny/ Clever/ Miracles/ Stephy: You folks have been making me jealous for a while now! Wish I could have been there and have some fun myself.

It would be good mischief to wake a spirit up from his/ her slumber and then run because obviously if someone woke me up, I would be pissed.
πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
clever - ah, yes, the infamous HVAC room. That place sucked! πŸ˜† I couldn't keep my balance at all. I can't help but think that ever since I had that episode with vertigo a few months ago that it has completed messed with me LOL. I never had a problem with high EMFs before, but that freaking HVAC room. Dear God! It was horrible.

On a more serious note, I completely understand why people think they are being watched or there is something in the room. As soon as I stepped foot in the room, I just "knew" something was off. Everything felt bad, I kept losing my balance, I got chills. It was the best room for a ghost if there ever was one. Until we got ready to leave and saw the electrical box. Yep, definitely high EMFs to blame for what I was experiencing.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Miracles: I remember you got dizzy when we were down there and you had to stop for a minute. And when we were up in the HVAC room I thought you were going to fall over! The HVAC room gave me the creeps, but it was probably high EMF. I got that spider web feeling really bad in there.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
cosmogal: I can almost make out the words at the end of whatever is was saying and it almost sounds like "f-ing bastards." Could just be my imagination. The only thing I'm sure of is that whoever it was, was not in a good mood. LOL 😨
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
clever - your experience in Solitary reminds me of mine.

I have to make a confession here πŸ˜‰. I failed miserably in keeping good records in my Journal. Too much walking and too dark are the excuses I'm going to use πŸ˜†.

Anyway, when we were in the original Solitary that had been closed up, as we were standing there I felt something "swoosh" through my head. It went from the right side through the left and I felt very dizzy for a few seconds. As soon as we left that area, I was fine. It was a really weird feeling, though.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Clever, OMG I just listened to your creepy voice evp and my skin jumped off and ran away! LOL Holy moly that was beyond freaky 😨 I couldn't make out what it was saying but it was continuous like it was saying a whole sentence.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
granny,
I am definitely going back! I want to find the guy I may have pissed off. It was on the 4th tier of the East Cell Block, I think.

Stephy,
It was so cool meeting you too!:) I can't wait until our next adventure! Yeah, I was a little bit drawn to solitary for some reason. I kept expecting to see something there, but never did. I made Mark walk behind me. We both kept thinking there was someone behind us.
shyenne (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
After I listened to both recordings, it gave me a headache and I find it difficult to breathe. I usually have this kind of reaction when something isn't right. I have lots of stories to tell but the problem is I can't share my stories due to " the page is not accepting stories just now due to numerous numbers of submitted stories you can try again next week" it's kind of like that so I have to try my luck next time. Anyways, I also have that feeling about cobwebs and most especially spiders crawling in my skin. I don't have any psychological disorder like Schizophrenia to experience tactile hallucinations by the way just to let you know guys that I am completely sane. πŸ˜†
So I hope I could share my stories with you guys soon.
God bless

❀shyenne❀
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Hi Lou,

I am 5'6". It is possible that is what I was experiencing since it went away once I was out of that area.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Clever,
Not meaning to get too personal, but are you "vertically challenged".:) My concern wasn't that you might have been unknowingly tangled in cobwebs you hadn't noticed... But broaches another subject.
I'm wondering if the discomfort in your neck could have been an empathetic experience of an entity who was tall and had to stoop in this confinement when they were alive?

Lou
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Thanks for the comments! I hope you can hear the EVPs okay. The one really freaks me out but I keep listening to it over and over anyway. FYI I had to play the EVPs on my computer and then re-record them off of there, because the program I had would not save them using the "noise cut option". This option is great because it allowed me to cut out background noise and isolate what I heard.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Lou,

The ceilings in solitary were not high, but they were not low enough to where I needed to stoop or anything like that.

~clever
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
DARKNESS,
I have to agree with granny. That sounds like a pretty good theory to me.

Jav
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Clever,
Do you recall the height of the ceilings in solitary confinement? Low ceilings, by any chance?

Thanks,
Lou
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
clever,
Great EVP's! And to see a figure walking is totally cool! Glad you guys had such a great time here, it looks like everyone came away happy with the experience.

Jav 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Rook: It is going to be quite interesting, as we were with different people at different times... I think the only time we were all together was near the end when our guide did the flashlight thing... I hope Cosmo puts that in her story, as she was the main questioner...

I also forgot to mention a few things that hopefully the others will remember to addπŸ˜†

DARKNESS: That's a great theory!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Rook - mmm...13? Nope, I don't think all 13 members of the group are members of the site, but maybe 5 stories πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†. Think you can stand it? We might just end up sounding like SGNs after all LOL.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Miracles,

Thanks for the links and the advice. I'm glad everyone enjoyed their trip. I will ask this... Are we going to get 13 different accounts of this 'Hunt'? Inquiring minds want to know.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-13)
Darkness - funny you should mention ectoplasm πŸ˜† When I told Dalton I was going to Mansfield, he asked me if I'd bring him back some ectoplasm! πŸ˜† Jerrica, on the other hand, asked me, "Please, Mom, don't bring anything home. And I'm talking about a ghost."

Dalton was very disappointed I didn't bring home any ectoplasm. He asked me if maybe I could take him back one day. I told him I would. My kids: different as night and day where this is concerned ❀

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: