You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Ghost Hunting At Armley Mills

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Hunting At Armley Mills

 

Once again we were helped so much on the event by Linda, and Lee who helped make sure the night ran smoothly and effortlessly and we at Simply Ghost Nights could not thank them enough for their help.

The night was a mixed bag of activity for some groups with several groups experiencing more paranormal activity than others, which only goes to show that you can not dictate where the spirit activity will manifest itself. On the whole it was quite an eventful night with a plethora of ghostly inhabitants of Armley Mills only willing to communicate with our brave ghost hunters.

In a vigil in the eerie cottages a group of ghost hunters were startled when attempting an ouija board experiment when the name Emily was spelt out this incident brought squeals of excitement as earlier in the event they had been fortunate to have made the acquaintance of Emily upstairs in the machinery room, (it was at this point in the proceedings that Alex asked to leave the room as she had become emotional, and Mark caringly took Alex outside for five minutes), Emily claimed to be seven years old and she was now joined by her mother who was called Kathleen. This revelation brought ecstatic whoops of joy from Dee, Sam, Tracey and Alex.

In two different vigils in the cinema the ghostly spirit of Henry made his spectral presence known to both groups, this was later disclosed at the events briefing at the end of the night, neither group knew of this fact that Henry the ghostly resident of Armley Mills had made his existence known to either group.

In the machinery room Lisa, Paul, Maria and Marion stood opened mouthed as they experienced for the first time the sounds of extreme table tapping and scratching from underneath the table on request. The tapping was heard very clearly and was especially audible to those who were there in the room. Also in the machinery room distinct groans were heard on several occasions which were heard by several ghost hunters in the machinery room.

In another vigil in the cinema the spirit of Jack Bray made ghostlike contact with the group and continued to answer the group's questions on his age of passing, and the year in which he was born, this was a touching moment for the entire group who witnessed this spectacle. In the machinery room several groups reported that the table tipped towards each ghost hunter on request, and one group witnessed the table move with nobody touching the table.

In the downstairs room a group of ghost hunters were treated to table tipping that had Steve, Jo and Omar delighted at such a show of strength from the spirit world. In this vigil the table indeed tipped and even slid across the floor to each brave ghost hunter on request to the pleasure of Michelle, Tony and Mandy.

All in all it was a night full of paranormal activity from the ghostly dwellers of Leeds Armley Mills and a definite return will be made by the Simply Ghost Nights team in the near future.

Other hauntings by Simplyghostnights

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Simplyghostnights, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

fllnangel17 (11 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-06)
Stop approving the stories by these guys please! I'm so sick of seeing this malarkey!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
These guys promote their "experiences" and never reply to anyone who comments on their stories, this is getting totally lame.
Lovely1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-05)
Ahh I see. Basically coming on here to promote themselves? I can see why that would rub people up the wrong way. At least your all too wise to take the bait 😁
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Lovely: I really hate to do this, but if you go to their profile, you'll find a link to their website...It's the opinion of many here that these people are charlatans, increasing their bank accounts by using the most haunted places to do their theatrics...
Lovely1 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
This is the first of this Author's stories that I have read. Just curious to know why you're all against it? Doesn't seem to bad to me?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-04)
Mountaineer,
I DON'T think they get the hint. If they did, then the group would either start putting up real stories instead of reel stories or otherwise stop posting all together. I was wondering if Martin and the other MODs have the power to delete an account, but then again, these people would most likely shout freedom of speech...
Mountaineer (4 stories) (176 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Stop posting your ads here. Geez you'd think these people would take a hint.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
You don't think they were the source of the squeals and whoops, do you dear? There seemed to be so much of it I couldn't keep up.
I agree with Master Slips. A good and thorough debunking is in order! Do bring the video luv, we'll want to catch them in the act. 😉
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2011-10-03)
Ah! I believe a debunkin' be in order here, Bishop. It is apparent that Mark took Alex to the machinery room to comfort her!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: