You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Demons In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Demons In My House?

 

When I was eight year old, something scary happened to me. I was at home alone. I was watching TV in my living room when I heard a noise from up stairs, but I ignored it and assumed that it was nothing. So I continued to watch TV. Then a few minutes later I heard it again but this time it was much louder and I actually got scared this time. Since I was only eight years old and I got scared easily, I called my parents. They said that they were coming home immediately when I said that I was really scared, but they were far away from home so they said that they would be home in about one hour. I didn't know if I could manage to stay home that long knowing that there might be someone or something up stairs. After half an hour everything that worked with electricity stopped working, it was a power outage. I started to scream and that was the scariest thing that had ever happened to me in my eight year old life. After a long time in the dark it got bright again and I could see the shadows of a human behind the bathroom door. I was still freezing and after a few minutes of staring at the shades my parent got home, I looked away and the shadows was gone...

I need help with this, what could it be? Please comment because I can't sleep so well and it comes up in my dreams that now is my nightmare. I have searched after this thing on Google and over the whole internet. I haven't told anyone about this except my parents and my best friend.

I really need help with this because this thing is on my mind ALL the time. Please comment on what you think will help.

Thanks

-Hegab11

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hegab11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Carolann1015 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
Just hold strong and try to tough it out... You probubly scared yourself thinking it was something when you were alone in the dark. Best wishes. ❤
Jesus_soldier (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Yeah, I think you scared yourself more than anything. You sat in a dark room for a long time, home alone, and at the age of 8? I'm not suprised your still having nightmares. I hope you feel better though.

Thank you for sharing
supernaturalservices (86 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
some basic ways of protection are get a bowl of white vinegar mixed with sea salt and leave it in bowls to evaporate in rooms where it is manifesting. Also prayers of protection like psalm 91 psalm 71 and the saint michael the archangel prayer. If you need more help pm me
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Yep, cosmo, you know how it is 😉 Good days and bad 😆 But I'm so happy you're back on here! I should have said that yesterday, but better late than never, huh?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
LOL 😁 Thanks Miracles. It's been a while maybe even too long, but I see everything is still the same. It's good to be back! 😊 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
OMG! Cosmogal is back! She's back, she's back, she's back! Oh wait LOL, you came back yesterday 😆 Well, consider this my greeting for yesterday, but just a day late 😆 ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Hi hegab11,

I'm not sure if what you experienced was paranormal, or just a case of the frights from being home alone. Can you describe the noise you heard a little more? You mentioned that the lights went out, and you felt really cold. It could have been just a power outage that led to your fear taking over. Has anything else ever happened in the house? BlueTurtle has pretty much mentioned everything I was thinking so I will wait to see your response. I don't think that what you experienced was anything demonic, but because you were so frightened it's causing you to have nightmares. Thanks for sharing your story.
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Any scary situation is enough to traumatize you later in life, whether it's from the paranormal or not. I'm actually surprised that your parents left an 8 year old alone at home (and not when they were simply going down the street for something - but were an hour away).

However, the noises you heard could have been anything. I don't know where your house is situated, but it could have been animals in the attic - if you have one. Could you describe the sounds? Was it like something getting knocked over inside a room or was it more like a vague thumping?

The power going off could have easily been caused by strong winds, a transformer blowing (which actually has a resounding, booming sound), animals chewing the wires, or heavy rainfall. As for the shadow, I'm not sure. But seeing as you were already scared and in the dark, it could have been your eyes adjusting. And if you say you saw it behind a door, that makes the account all the more hard to swallow.

I'm not debunking your claims of possible paranormal activity, but if this was the only event that you experienced, then I would say you have nothing to worry about now. If it helps you sleep, I would say a few prayers before bed and recite to yourself that you are not afraid and everything is fine. Giving yourself courage and being assertive in the knowledge that nothing is there should help.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Isn't Sweden supposed to have some of the most child friendly laws on the planet? How is it that parents leave an eight year old home alone at night? And them being too far away to get to you before you freaked out? Who knows what could have been in the house?
To say the least, it sounds like you couldn't help but get a little over the top in your situation. However, I believe you may have just scared yourself from being alone in the dark.

Jav
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-14)
Hi there,

Did you or your parents research the place? (if you are still living there you can do that and sort out). If not start praying everyday before you go to sleep. You are being scared from that age not knowing exactly what was that. Just relax, prayer is the solution for safety and get your house blessed. Some good members here can advice or help you better I am sure and soon you going to get rid of that nightmare. Take care❤

~Nikky😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: