You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Feet In The Door Way

Real Ghost Stories

The Feet In The Door Way

 

I would just like to remind you guys that, although this happened, I still remain a little skeptical.

It was the summer of 2005 and I was living in a large house in Lydney Gloucestershire with my very good friends Laura, Jim, Barry, Steve and Collie. We were all aware at the time of strange goings on in the house, but never spoke about it much. Barry's grandad had died there 10 years before and I think that played on our minds a bit. Many stories circulated amongst us all. Laura had seen an old man at the end of her bed. Steve claimed he was touched on the neck when alone in the kitchen. You get the point.

I, however, never experienced anything before this. I went to bed at night, I slept well and never heard a whisper. However, that was all about to change.

Now this may shock you, but my first ghostly experience happened in pure day light. I woke up around 9:30 am and made my way downstairs to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast, and I remember thinking that the house was awfully quite. At the time though, I assumed that everyone was still in bed. The kitchen was big and had a very large window which always seemed to be open. To the left of that was the door that led outside. This was the front door.

I was just gripping my toast out of the toaster carefully when I heard someone running towards the front door. Being quite the prankster at the time, I decided it would be hilarious to open the door quickly and wave hot toast in whoever's face it was that was about to knock on the door. I rushed towards the door with the hot toast in my hand only to notice that the door was already slightly ajar. As I went to push the door open fully, I saw a pair of trainers and half way up someone's leg run past the door and heard a little giggle. I opened the door fully and shouted, "LAURA" only to see the legs and trainers run towards the front lawn and vanish before my eyes. And may I remind you guys, I have never touched narcotics.

I guess because it was daylight I didn't feel an ounce of fear. I ran outside to do a quick visual check but couldn't see anyone. I knocked on everybody's door back inside the house but nobody was home! I was all alone and suddenly a little chill ran up my spine!

I told everybody about it that night but they all thought I was joking. After all, I was a bit of a prankster.

That night, when it got dark and I had to retire to bed, it started to play on my mind a little bit. Had I really seen a pair of trainers and legs run down the drive and vanish? All I know is that it happened and I could not explain why, and to this day it plays on my mind. Was it a relative? The trainers seemed old. Maybe from the 70's.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, deftonehone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SamuiLover (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-29)
I found this story interesting as my family live in Lydney and have done for years, I grew up there and went to school there too.
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
I think it was great! She's pulling a prank on the prankster! Even out the odds a little! 😆 Nice story, thank you for sharing it!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-24)
I like this account of yours Deftonehone very believable, I know the feeling when you experience something and thinking about it later you do start to question wether you did see it or not!
Whatever it was you experienced I don't think it was Barry's Grandad, more child like in my opinion, something great to research perhaps.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
showgirls1980 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Wow! This sent a shiver down my spine. Just goes to show that the paranormal don't just show themselves after dark. Thanks for sharing 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
From your description, I am guessing it could be residual energy playing out. The sound and the image were still there, but the image is fading away. I find that part interesting for the questions it brings forward.
Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed the read.

Jav
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Oooh! So sorry, I forgot to tell you: I enjoyed reading your account. I don't know what it was, but at least it wasn't Scary! Just something to puzzle out...eh? 😉
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Hi Deftonehone, So, you had a daytime 'sighting'? You were surprised? Don't worry, I too was very surprised when it happened to me!
I was so inexperienced, that I didn't even realize that I had a 'sighting' until my friend explained things to me... 🤔

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: