You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Was It my Brother?

Real Ghost Stories

Was It my Brother?

 

Hi All, I have shared with you in the past of an incident that my friend experienced. This one is my own experience, this was sometime ago 1994 to be exact. It all started when my brother was murdered, he was bound and tied and shot, then thrown on the side of the road. I try to think that my experience was in some way related. I at least wanted to believe that. Some time before his death, my mom and myself and my brother all planned to move in together. My mom had me at 15 and brother at 16 or so my brother and I were very close all our lives, it was always him and I. Well that year, my mom divorced her second husband and we were thinking that it would be nice if we all moved in together as adults.

That day Sep 14, 1994, we got approved for a beautiful condo, my mom and I worked at the same place at the time so we knew first since she called and I was there with her. We were so excited to go home and tell my brother. Once I got to the house, there were two detectives waiting for us at the door with their suits on and badges and they didn't look like they had good news. Once we got in the house, they asked us to please have a seat and you know when they ask you to sit, there is no good news.

That is when they told us they discovered my brother's body on the side of the road tied and bound hands and feet, of course my first question was how do you know it was him, they said finger prints from a time when he was 13 and took some kid's lunch money, they arrested him to teach him a lesson. You could imagine the loss and pain we felt, he was 19 and I was 21.

To make a long story short, my mom and I had to arrange the funeral, got past that and then next question was to decide if we shall still move in the home as we planned and we thought he would have wanted us to, so we did, my mom and me and at that time my two kids.

About a few weeks later, I was down stairs doing laundry, my usual chore on a sunday night, getting laundry ready for monday morning.

I was tired and decided to leave the laundry on the couch and I folded that last blouse (mine), long sleeved floral print, and laid it on top of pile. I went upstairs to bed. The next morning I went down stairs to pick some clothes to wear, I saw that floral blouse on top as I left it and reached in the middle of the pile and grabbed another. Might I mention this was my mom's b-day that day and she had been so sad, no need for explanation. I got dressed and my plan was to go in early to work so I can get out early to have her a special evening with flowers, balloons, the whole nine yard, just her and my kids. She had already left that morning earlier than I.

I did get out early that day and came home before her, put the flowers down on the dinning room table, went up stairs to change. I went to my room and I saw that there was a blouse laid on my bed. Now my bed, I always make it before I leave in the morning, this blouse, the one I mentioned earlier, the floral print long sleeved one, was laid out as if ready for someone to wear, laid out like a cross which was weird to me, arms of the blouse extended out like it had just been ironed. "Okay" I thought, I know I didn't put it here and I had seen it that morning so I know it was down stairs on the couch. At this point I figured, well maybe my mom came home early and wanted to wear it and changed her mind and I figured she would be home later. Never even thinking about it and went on to my usual business.

My mom came home on her regular time, did the whole surprise thing and she was happy that I did that for her, as we started getting plates ready to serve dinner, I asked her "mom, when you came home today, you didn't decide to wear my blouse huh?" She was like "what are you talking about mija?" she said she worked a whole day and hadn't left early. I then was so freaked only because there is no way I put that blouse there laid out like that! I told her and we were both freaked because she knows I am not nuts and I wouldn't lie. She did say though "maybe you put it there and changed you mind" I said "no mom I knew what I wanted to wear that day and that blouse was not it".

To this day that scares me but in a way I would like to think it was my brother trying to communicate some how, it creeps me out to imagine that blouse floating in mid air from downstairs to my room upstairs or how ever it made it up there but believe you me, it was not done by me, my mom or my kids who at the time were at their dad's house. I know it sounds weird but hey, I can't explain it even to date, I just can't. I would think if it was my brother, he would have chosen another way to try to be noticed that was odd to me, but then I am not a ghost or spirit so I wouldn't know. I like to think it was him at least. I apologize for the length of this story but it would have not made sense unless I gave detail. I hope it even gets posts. Thanks for reading.

MONICA5

Other hauntings by monica5

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monica5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aurora82 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
It's so obvious and so extraordinary that something like this would happen on such a special day. He was stopping by to say " Hello" and to let you know that He is ok... 😊
monica5 (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
Paggark, Thank you so much for your warm wishes. Yes I think about it all the time, and I figure since it was my moms bday that day that he had to do something noticible but not freaky like martin posted. Maybe his way of saying happy birthday mom! I would like to think he was sitting there with my mom and I while blowing out her candles.
Thank you all god bless
M5
paggark (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-16)
Hi monica5, I'm terribly sorry for the lost of your brother, he most of been a great guy. I thought you would like to know that your brother was the one that laid out the blouse on your bed. I'm not psychic or anything, but just so you know that your brother knew you and your mother were depressed for his loss when you both heard the new of him. He wanted to let you know that he is ok and doing well, you and your mother don't need to worry about him any more. Sorry if I sound kind of snotty, hope your feeling ok now, and sorry for the late comment 😜.
paggark
xLadyTastyx (4 stories) (18 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Hey sorry to hear about your brother that must have been really traumatic for you I know I couldn't deal with something like that :S And I believe your ghost story and believe it was a ghost seeing as I'm such a superstitious person my self :P But keep on the lookout for anything strange that happens but in the meantime-stay blessedxx
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your brother, Monica5. That's awful. And you know what - if you feel it might have been him, it probably was. :) Just sayin' hey.
monica5 (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
Thank you all for your well wishes. That was some time ago, but feels like it was yesterday. To melissagrove: they never found who did it ALTHOUGH we have our suspiscion from what we understand these people fled back to mexico where they were from. My brother was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He wasn't in gangs or nothing anyway sad to say a family member may have also been involved. Needless to say I don't speak to that person anymore more,
Thank you all for the responses. I really think it was my brother visiting my mom and I that day.
God bless
M5
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
That's really really rough that your brother was shot and killed and he was so young too. I don't know what that was with the blouse, but I do hope that you and your mother are okay and have a blessed life!

God Bless...

Ceary
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
I'm sorry for the loss of your brother, having lost my father I know how heart breaking that is.
maybe the spirit was your brother, and it should be nothing to be scared of, he's probably just watching over you two ^_^
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-24)
monica,
Thanks for sharing your story. I am very sorry to hear about your brother. That is an awful thing that happened, I can't even imagine. Its hard enough to lose somebody you love through "natural" causes let alone like that. Did they ever find out who did it? Do they have any leads? But sounds like it could be your brother. Who else could it have been since you voided out all the other possibilities. Sounds like he's still with you in spirit. Just like my family's "other worldly" experiences after my grandfather died and my son's experience after his grandfather died, anything and everything is possible when that love is so strong. I believe you know deep in your heart what you truly experienced. So keep that with you and cherish it and know that he's ok.
Thanks again for your story
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-07-23)
I don't know if it was your brother, monica5, but consider this: if he wanted to tell you he was around without scaring you to death, is this something that would make sense? You did say you were unsettled, but not too much. Maybe that's what he was aiming for.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: