You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Trail And An Ugly Pale Woman

Real Ghost Stories

A Trail And An Ugly Pale Woman

 

I don't know if it passes as a ghost story, but I'll give it a try since it was quite out of the ordinary for me. This happened a few years ago. I haven't experienced anything like it before nor after it.

So I woke up like any other morning. It was still sort of dark out so I went to turn on the ceiling light. As I reached for the switch, I noticed my arm had a trail. It wasn't a shadow on the wall or on the floor, it was literally a trail. It was shadowy, but not a shadow. I don't think it was aura because it had no colour or brightness to it. At first, though, I tried to explain it to myself as if it was a shadow but when I shook my hand the trail followed the movement. Then I thought it must be my eyes since I had just woken up. I didn't want to rub my eyes in case the trail might disappear. But I did rub my eyes and the trail was still there. I kept shaking my arm and seeing the trail.

Anyone have any idea what it might have been? I'd read up on it myself if I knew what to call this thing. I didn't get freaked out or anything, but I did think it was rather weird.

Another story is about my mother, grandmother and great-grandmother's experiences. They all took place in my grandmother's house, in her bedroom. My great-grandmother used to see an old woman at night. She would sit on my grandmother and choke her.

My mother had the same experience when she stayed in the room as a child. She said the old woman's face would glow in the dark and was very "ugly and pale."

My grandmother's experience was a little different. She would just see a shadow, a dark mass, in the room and it would choke her. I stayed in that room only once, during a day. I didn't experience anything but was very scared.

My mother said that there had lived two old women before my great-grandmother and that they were deported to Sberia. And for some reason my mother thought the old lady that choked her was jealous of her. That she's alive and all.

Unfortunately the house burned down so I can't experience or investigate anything.

Other hauntings by Vikstal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vikstal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I have been on so many anti depressants its not even funny. I would see different tiny bursts of light & color all the time. I would also see trails... Yes trails, lime when you are on an acid or mescaline. I swear. Lol. So maybe since you were on meds than that explains the trails.
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Yeah well... Could have been my eyes then. But I was on medication, antidepressants (still am).
I think I've seen auras before on other people but they've always been sort of white, like fog.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I agree with Darkness. When we wake up, our brains wake up in stages. First thing it does is send circulation to the rest of the body and then the rest of brain wakes up. In that few minutes, our eyes could play tricks on us and our brains don't have the enough energy it usually takes at its full capacity to make sense of it. Hope that makes sense.

As for what your mother, grandmother, and great grandmother experienced, it could have been a hag.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
I get the feeling that your eyes were still adjusting to the light and this was just an effect of it. I have actually had this happen to myself especially if I am still tired.
In regards to black and Auras I actually think that having a black aura means that the person is on medication or under the influence of drugs, this was told to me by a person who specialises in Aura photos.
The lady witnessed by your mother, grand mother and great grandmother sounds like the old hag, but could very well be the spirit of a jealous woman, shame no more investigating can be done.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: