You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Pale Face In The Darkness

Real Ghost Stories

The Pale Face In The Darkness

 

I always had this weird feeling in my room and I always thought it was just because I was young and afraid of my own shadow. But it never stopped me from locking myself in there and playing music full blast. I always ignored it, until four months and three days after my thirteenth Birthday when I got my computer.

I walked into my room and as soon as I stepped in, I had this sudden wave of depression and sadness come over me. I didn't know what to make of it, so I ignored it and played some music quietly and began putting my birthday cards away so they didn't get damaged. I noticed once I had finished that the music was quieter than I had originally set it to. I turned it up to 76% and turned around to see that all the Birthday cards were back in the exact same spot. I was confused and as I put them all back away and left my room, I wondered if I had actually put the cards away. But no matter what I tried to convince myself, it didn't make sense. This was what started me believing in Poltergeist's. Nothing else happened for the rest of that day.

The next day after school I walked into my room and saw that my music was on again and my clock was set three hours behind. I knew that it was right that morning. I freaked and walked out of my room. About an hour later I went back into my room to do my homework and saw my computer and Clock were the same as when I left earlier. I turned off the computer and re-set the clock and sat on my bed to finish my homework. Once I finished the strange feeling washed over me again, so I thought to play more music. This seemed to calm the feeling. Then all of a sudden a feeling of pure hate washed over me and I stormed out of my room and slammed the door closed. As soon as it was closed the feeling went away.

That night I woke up at 9:57pm and I saw the pale face of a woman staring down at me in the darkness. Instinctively I thought it was my mom. "Mom?" I said. The face smiled at me then disappeared. I got up and turned on the light and saw that my cards were stacked next to my bed on the table and tied together with a ribbon. I turned on my laptop and saw that Microsoft Word was open. There was a message typed on it in the font Lucida Handwriting was a message. "Thank you. Play this." And there was the name of one of my favorite songs. It was "The Graduation Song" By Vitamin C.

To this day it still confuses me who the woman was. But now every time I play "The Graduation Song" I feel comforted and I know that I'm not alone. I believe now the woman is at peace.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghost_hunter2296, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-22)
Haha yeh I agree with you on that one MissHill I'm glad you got that off your chest.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-21)
Ok so I have to say this, It has annoyed me while I have been reading the Australian posts, and an Australian it annoys me.

It is MUM not MOM, MOM is AMERICAN, MUM is AUSTRALIAN

As I said just annoying me, sorry
Elf (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
This sounds quite unbelievable to me... How can a ghost write on a laptop? Well, they absolutely can touch things, but this seems too interesting to me.
Anyhow, hope You are ok with this woman now.
taaabbbiii (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-07)
thats really pretty 😁 I like it a lot...
Do you think she might be somehow connected to the song?
❤ tabi
ghost_hunter2296 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-06)
hahaha sorry about that eveelinaa! 😊
I hope you did get some sleep! ❤ Thanks heaps for helping guys!
eveelinaa (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Wow, you're story gave me goosebumps! Incredible! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep at night today. 😲
UnknownEvil (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
waw very nice me myself listen to music an it makes me comfort and about the ghost it must have scared you seeing a face in the darkness...:P anyway hope you fell Fine now...
kariu (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
very nice... But this host don't know what ghost really are... You can smell them also bad smell means bad vibe.
ghost_hunter2296 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Thanks Everyone for your help! As far as we know no one died there. It could have been a while ago though. I haven't seen her since but I can still feel her presence. It is like the atmosphere will change at random when I am listening to music.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-05)
Hmm They are right but one question what about you say there you feel pure hater? I read correct about all this.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Wow, this is a very interesting story. Maybe you should do some research on your home and see if a mother died there or something, because it sounds like you now have two looking after you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-04)
Interesting story. Did you ever speak to your mom about these feelings and the woman? Maybe she may have been able to shed some light.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: