You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Unfriendly Welcome To Faith

Real Ghost Stories

The Unfriendly Welcome To Faith

 

First off if you have not read my other stories, I am sure you might get a better insight on the lay out of my house. I have many experiences and been trying to post them all up on here when I have the chance. All names in this story have been changed for privacy purposes. Also keep in mind the spirits inside my house always have a way to say hello to someone new in my house. They just want to make their presence known in their own way. This is the story of an unseen spirit who wanted to say hello and apparently scare my brother's girlfriend who was living with me at the time.

This story takes place in my home town, Edmonton, Alberta Canada. This was about November of 2009. At the time it was my older brother's girlfriend, Faith, who was living with me.

Faith's daughter Sophie was the age of around 8 at the time. Sophie usually lived with her dad so she only happened to come this once.

Faith just moved in during the summer so she was there for a very short period of time in my house. I believe after this experience, something she could not deal with, she decided to move back with her parents.

I had just arrived home from work and was very tired. I decided to go upstairs to my room and rest. I saw Faith was home so I knocked on her bedroom door to say hello and saw Sophie was with her as well. They were watching a movie in their room and just relaxing. Faith, during this time, already knew about some of my experiences but did not experience her own until this night.

As I went to my room to take a nap, just as I was falling asleep I heard this loud "BANG." Almost as if someone took a sledge hammer and hit the floor with it or even something bigger like a car hitting a part of my house. As my eyes opened in a straight shot, I got up and went downstairs to investigate. As I went downstairs, I saw Faith and Sophie heading out the door. Trying not scare them, I asked if they were just going out for supper, but Faith told me they were going to her mom's place because she had to bring Sophie back very shortly to her dad's place.

As they left house, I started to walk around to see if anything has fallen out of place and was the reason for the loud bang. I couldn't find a thing. Then all of a sudden I got a text message from Faith which said, "Did you hear that loud bang in the house?" I told her that I did and I was investigating to find an explanation and would let her know if I had found out what made that noise. She then told me it was the reason why they left, because Sophie was scared and didn't want to be in the house anymore.

I continued the search inside and wasn't able to find anything, so I decided to call my older brother to come over and help me search outside as it was dark already and I didn't want to investigate alone. When he came over, still no sign of anything to make that noise. I decided that since I was not able to find anything to do my routine of walking around the house and spraying holy water around and asking that whoever was in the house to be nice if they want to stay. I also told them that if they were here to hurt anyone or to scare them that why were not welcome in the house and they had to leave.

About 2-3 weeks later Faith told me that she was moving out because her ex-boyfriend found out where she was staying now and didn't want anything bad to happen if he decided to show up at the house. I didn't say much more after that as it's up to her if she feels uncomfortable. I understand how scary it can be experiencing something like that for the first time.

I believe this experience was the unseen that stays in my house and only makes its presence known when someone new is in the house. They make their presence know in different ways as their way of saying hello.

Thanks for reading. I will be posting more so please keep in touch. Please feel free to email me if you like gsobredo[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Other hauntings by gstar08

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gstar08, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-05)
Hello GStar08. I can sympathise with you on this one, as well as understand the reactions of your friend and her daughter. I was raised in a haunted house and my blood curdling screams in the night were put down to nightmares and an overactive imagination. Will post my experiences soon. Believe me, I probably would not have left your home (although the child is a consideration) but you certainly would have found me in bed with you with daughter in tow!
Regards, Melda
LemonDrop_Pop (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-10)
Wow I know how she felt. I have experienced the same thing. Has Faith come back after that?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-24)
Were you able to talk to your brother's girlfriend about how she felt about the experience? Did she ever come back to the house for a visit after the move?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: