You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Creepy House

Real Ghost Stories

The Creepy House

 

In 2000 my family got back together and moved into a gorgeous house in North Walpole, New Hampshire. I remember the first night there, I remembered the house felt very different than any other place I had lived in. It felt very crowded, like a whole bunch of people were living there but it was only four of us.

I remember the house smelled really good, like flowers and I always thought it was some fancy cleaner the landlord used to clean the house before we moved in, but every now and then for the four years we lived there we would smell these flowers and we never had flowers!

One night probably after a year of living there, my sister and I were trying to go to sleep for it was a school night. Outside of our bedroom was a huge room that was connected to two other rooms with hard floors and my sister and I heard what sounded like a woman in heels walking across the floor. Nobody in the house owned a pair of heels at the time, so it was very weird. The "walking" continued for about a minute. We didn't know what it was.

Later that year I had won a camera from a school fundraiser and it was one of those that required a roll of film. I took random pictures with it, I took pictures of the rooms and the trees outside. When I got the film back after getting them developed, I was going through the pictures and I came across one in particular that made everyone's hair on their arms stand up. It was a picture of the trees I took and there was a woman dressed in an old-fashioned dress and apron. Her hair was in a bun and it looked like she was turning her head to look at me as I took the picture! The woman in the picture was dark and I couldn't see her face but I saw the bun in her hair. It was crazy!

Later that year when my sister and I were at school and my mom was at work, my dad was alone in the house. He was in the kitchen doing the dishes when he heard someone yell, "Hey, Dad." He walked into the living room, thinking that's where the voice came from and realized that he was alone!

Another weird incident happened a year or so later. My dad had just picked my sister and me up from school. We had a van at the time with a sliding door and whenever we would go somewhere, someone strong would have to close the back sliding door. My sister wouldn't because she slammed her thumb in it once and refused to shut it ever again. So we get home, I get out of the passenger seat and my sister and dad are already out. No one had shut the sliding door yet so I went to do it but before I could my dad says, "Hey, thanks." I said, "For what?" He says, "For shutting the door." I tell him that I didn't do it and we just look at each other with confused looks on our faces because no one shut the door.

Finally, before we moved out (this was the summer of 2004), my sister and I were riding our bikes outside and I stopped and noticed the lady from my picture in our bedroom window! That was the creepiest house I had ever lived in besides the one I am living in now. I believe the ghost of our landlord's mother was haunting that house in North Walpole because she had died a long time ago and they lived there.

I always wonder if that house is still haunted and if the people living there now have seen or heard anything strange.

Other hauntings by nikitatyler91

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nikitatyler91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-19)
[at] lsandhu,
I hope you didn't think I was offering the information as a challenge. Nothing could have been further from my mind. I only said something because I noticed what you had said in the earlier post about posting photos up online. That's all it was, just trying to help. Sorry if you misunderstood.

Jav
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-17)
Javelina, I would need to scan the picture. I will try the program you recommended and, if successful, post the picture to YGS. Sadly, I'm not sure if I have the negative and don't recall precisely what kind of camera was used to take it, so it can't really be investigated. However, I can assure you my time is far too precious to me to waste it making up bogus ghost photos.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
[at] lsandhu,
Is the picture on your computer already, or do you need to scan it? Also, the simplest way I've found of posting pics on a public site is to download it into 'PhotoBucket'. You can start your own page/album there (just like you have a page here) and they have editing tools as well. It costs nothing and it can be kind of cool messing with the editing tools. Once you have done that, it will generate a link that you can copy/paste, or send it directly from your photobucket page to whatever site you want to post it to. Like the profile pages here, you need only copy/paste the link onto the line that asks for your pic. Google it and sign up, the instructions are there and the aren't to difficult to understand.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Yes, please post the picture. Unless, of course, like me you are technologically not up to the task. I have a strange picture which I took a few days after my dad passed in 2001 and I believe it is him. It's sort of a column of different coloured lights next to the living-room sofa, which was basically his death bed (although he did not die there, but in the kitchen). I don't know how to digitize and post it.
koolruud (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Lady in your bedroom window. Whoa! Creepyyy. There's a picture on this site with the name of "The Golden Lady". Creeped the hell outta me. Anyways, not the point, It would be great if you could share that picture. 😊. You take care.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-07-16)
Thanks for sharing... But talking of a picture and not sharing it with us is a tease. 😉

So, I at least, am looking forward to further submissions from you. Please share the experiences in your current home.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: