You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Trip Gone Wrong

Real Ghost Stories

Trip Gone Wrong

 

I'd travelled to see a friend who lived in one of the main cities here in Aus. The building we were staying in had no strange history and by all accounts seemed perfectly normal. Please bear with me as the house has a very strange lay out so it may be slightly difficult to describe for you.

My friend and his roommate had left the house by 6am to travel to work. The friend I had travelled down with had gone down the street to the supermarket just after 11am. I was reading my book in the bedroom when I felt the sudden urge to go to the sun room across the hall. I walked out of the bedroom, across the hall to the lounge room which connected to both the sunroom and a bedroom off to the right at the back.

As I walked into the lounge room, I looked over towards the back bedroom and noticed that a piece of furniture had been moved. I paused, thinking back over the night before (we'd had a photo shoot in the room) and mentally retraced all the steps. The chair had been placed on the other side of the room.

That's when I started hearing different noises. I felt the French doors of the bedroom open, the (non-existent) curtains moving and someone walk towards me. I could see the floor boards in front of me sink and heard them squeaking. I side stepped to avoid contact and stared back through the door I just came through. I watched (or felt whichever you prefer, both are apt) it walk through to the kitchen. Then I heard the kitchen cupboards open and the glasses rattling. I heard other noises for a few moments and then the kitchen sink started to run.

At some point I'd moved into the sun room and stood behind the table on the opposite side of the room to the bedroom that separated me from the double door opening. I heard it start to walk back towards the lounge room and I didn't know what to do. Instinct made me cower; I stood on my left leg with my right leg raised as high as it would go, my body turned to the right in case something moved around the table. My arms moved to protect my chest and I stood in silence and waited. It came to the opening and I started to scream. I heard something like a plate or a glass smash to the floor (I could almost see it even though it wasn't there) and it came towards me.

My body had not moved save for my hands which now protected my face. I felt pressure on my shoulders like hands grabbing me. I screamed again. In my head I heard a male voice telling me not to scream; that I was okay. I'm not sure whose panic was greater. It pulled me left (keep in mind I was standing on my left leg) and kept hold of me for a few seconds after it moved me. The voice stopped and I felt it run back towards the bedroom.

After that, it was gone.

I immediately pulled out my phone to call for help and noticed that the time was 11.13am.

It didn't appear again, but I felt something darker there afterwards. I couldn't physically be alone in the house because every time I was, I felt like I was about to disappear.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kiittiie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Kiittiie- I do apologize for hijacking your story, it was rather rude of me. The reference to dodge ball came into play because I remember taking a similar stance in school, whilst playing dodge ball and trying to avoid getting hit.
The whole buckeyes and corn bit, well, I have no excuse for that really. LOL But you have to have 50 characters to submit your comment, so I was just trying to take up space. I did enjoy your story btw, and thank you for putting up with or antics.:-)
Kiittiie (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
[at] Miracles51031 - I will say that I was I was a tad confused when the first comment I saw was ''Yep! Corn and buckeyes. Lol 50, 50, 50, 50, 50 character ya'll!''. I pretty quickly realized that the comments were the most recent and you guys were having some fun.

I understand how stupid this whole story must sound. Everything regarding the paranormal must be taken with a grain of salt (I belief anyway). I'm glad to see that this community can have some fun. Far too many are angry and result in behavior that can only be considered childish.

If anyone does have some thoughts or opinions I would love to hear them though:)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
Kiittie - sometimes an innocent sounding comment or word can take a totally unexpected turn LOL, especially on a...dare I say "good" day Laugh.

Unfortunately some stories have been completely overwhelmed on those occasions. Much to our chagrin Shy But when our comments get way out of control, we do try and remember to apologize and get back on track.

But on other stories, sometimes it's a relief Laugh

Thank you for having a sense of humor about us goofing off on your story. Sometimes laughter is what helps us all get through the day.
Kiittiie (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
[at] Rook - I suppose I was scared and automatically tried to physically protect my body. As much as I would have liked to kick it, I did not raise my leg in that action. I simply stood, and raised it against my other leg drawing it up towards my stomach. If you read both Miracles51031 and MizMiMi02 they have given fairly apt descriptions of what was happening.

I'd seen a lot of people drag stories out with nonsense and how the comments left always asked for other details that the OP hadn't given. I hardly consider Sydney, Australia to be an innocent city, I just wasn't sure if you guys wanted/needed the name:)

[at] MizMiMi02 - No I was unable to obtain any information on the house as I was unable to contact anyone who would give me any information (such as a landlord) and the tenants had only been there a month or so each. I did ask them both but they didn't seem to know anything at all.

I didn't find any smashed objects anywhere in the apartment (which is why I often wonder if I've gone crazy). I did find lots of water in the sink which shouldn't have been there as it was not used at all that morning.

The first time I sensed anything there, as you said, it was just as shocked as me. I don't know if the later presence was just shock or even just fear from the first encounter but I went very cold and had to leave immediately.

[at] sds - I stayed there for three days (total) as I could not arrange alternative transport or accommodation. I hope I've clarified your other questions in the above answers.

[at] The very strange conversation I just witnessed - I'm not sure how on earth you guys got from dodge ball to corn, but that was a good laugh:)
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Yep! Corn and buckeyes. Lol 50, 50, 50, 50, 50 characters ya'll!
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Mimi,
So you crossed those beautiful mountains and found out the world was made of corn?

Lou
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Lou-I am actually west coast, born and raised in Seattle. I moved out here to Tipp City when I was 20, so I'm not completely midwest. Lol
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Mizmimi,

Got it! Thought maybe I was missing out on something by growing up in the northeast...

Lou
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Oh geez - where's my crown? 😆 I completely missed that one 😆.

Yes, we had to "dress" for gym and if we didn't, we got an "F" that day. The only excuse accepted for not dressing was a doctor's excuse.

Gee whiz, I cannot believe I didn't get that one 😉
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
LouSlips- I am seriously laughing my butt off right now! The bare area would be your legs, because when I was in PE all those dinosaur years ago, you had to wear shorts. Lol
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Lou - just natural defensive instinct. I'd do it right now if someone was throwing something at me. Eh, can't explain it 😆
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I know I keep sinking deeper with every comment, and I am truly trying to resist... But if you girls from Ohio are raising your legs to protect your more sensitive areas but are trying to protect bare skin... I would like to know the address of this establishment at which you play dodge ball...

Lou
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Miracles-Exactly! Those rubber balls hurt badly when they made contact with bare skin. My stepdaughters school uses foam balls now. Sissies. LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
MizMimi - yep, that ole defensive "Dodge Ball" position 😉 to put a lighter spin on the situation.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Miracles- I was just about to say the same thing. Kind of like leaning against the wall and you draw one leg up, so your knee is chest high, trying to protect your stomach/chest area. I have done that a time or 2 when someone throws something at me (which ironically is more often then I would like lol)
PS-I just re-read my post and it should have read "I'm feeling that the darker presence IS (not isn't, like previously written) something else entirely different from what you encountered." Meaning that I believe it to be 2 seperate spirits, not just 1 doing all the activity. JMTC
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
rook - when I read Kiittiie's narration, I interpreted it as her leg shielding her lower body from a possible perceived attack. Her arms where shielding her chest, so I was assuming her leg to be bent and curved to "protect" the rest of her "vulnerability."

Just what I felt when I read it, but I could be completely misinterpreting it 😊
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
It's the ol' spray-method, guys. Kitties and doggies do it to mark their territory 😉
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
Ahhh, rookdy-son.

Crane-method have no defense...

Lou Miahgi
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-10)
I share the same question regarding standing on your left leg and raising your right leg, which rook has raised in his comment. Well, you said you had a feeling even after the experience that there was something dark present so that you didn't want to stay there alone. After the experience, how many days you stayed there? Did you query regarding the history of the building and was there any presence during night time. Nice narration. Please clarify the above points, if possible.

Regards,

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
Good questions Miz but I have one as well...

Kiittiie,

What made you stand on one leg?

"Instinct made me cower; I stood on my left leg with my right leg raised as high as it would go, my body turned to the right in case something moved around the table. My arms moved to protect my chest..."

I understand 'cower' I understand turning your body and moving your arms to protect your chest...but...

You raised your right leg as high as it would go? As in a Broadway high kick? As in a 90 degree angle to your body as if in a full extension kick? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant, and if that's the case I apologize.

Another question... Is there are reason you did not share the 'cities' name with us? Is that to protect it's innocence? 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Interesting story. Have you looked into the grounds of the house? Perhaps something happened there that may not be connected with the house at all. My guess is that it was used to being there by itself at that time, and it was as surprised to see you as you were to sense it.
You also said you heard a glass or plate fall, but it wasn't there. Was it something in another room of the house that fell, did you ever find the source? I'm feeling that the darker presence isn't something else entirely different from what you encountered.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: