You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost In My Basement

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In My Basement

 

It was a week ago, August 4, 2012, when I began to notice some things that were off about my house. Everywhere I went I felt like was being watched. I had never felt like this before. When I brought it up to my parents and siblings, they thought I was joking. They didn't feel like this, and yet, while we were talking, I felt like there was something sitting on the floor next to my chair. I managed to ignore this feeling for several hours, but it suddenly began to intensify around 9 P.M. This began to freak me out, so I went to bed early, not wanting to feel like that anymore, but the feeling followed me to my room. It took me almost three hours to fall asleep, and even than my dreams were haunted by that feeling, almost like I could feel it watching me even when I was sleeping.

For the next week I kept getting that feeling, but eventually I got used to that feeling. I thought that maybe this had something to do with electromagnetic fields. I knew that some people were sensitive to them, and I wondered if this had anything to do with the fact that lately my family have been using a lot more electronics, such as our air conditioner, four laptops, three TV's in separate rooms, and several gaming systems. But that thought left my mind on August 11th.

It was around 9 P.M. Again, the time when the feeling of being watched seemed to intensify, and it was hot in the living room where I was watching T.V. I walked down into the basement to go and get an ice cream sandwich, but as I approached the freezer, I noticed something black on the wall. And it was moving.

I stood in one place, frozen in shock and not knowing what to do. I watched in shock as the black mass became larger, and it only took me a few more seconds to realize that something was actually walking out of the wall. After a few moments, the black mass had taken on the shape of a large man. Slowly, I backed away from this apparition, not knowing whether this was just a ghost, or a demonic entity, and I didn't really want to stay to find out. As I backed up, though, the apparition walked forward, keeping pace with me so that the distance between us stayed the same.

I backed up against the wall, too scared to make a break for the door in case this apparition attacked. I stared silently at the ghost, than noticed something odd. Whatever this thing was, it didn't feel angry, or evil. It actually felt sad. As I realized this, the black mass faded away to nothing, like smoke being blown away by the wind. I remained where I was for a few seconds, too frightened to move, than rushed back up the stairs out of the basement.

Somehow, I knew that whatever that apparition was, that was what had been watching me for the past week, but I wasn't scared of it anymore. I was merely curious, and even felt a small pang of pity for it. It seemed to be filled with sorrow, and wondered whether this was because for some reason he couldn't move on to the other side, or whether he was staying behind for a certain reason, but I knew, with my curiosity, I wouldn't let it be a mystery for too long. I would find a way to figure out why that ghost was so sad, somehow.

I think this may be someone who died in my house, possibly, who may be watching over me, but I also slightly believe this may be a malevolent being, and I'm curious about what other people think about this. I want to know whether I should be afraid of this being, or not.

Other hauntings by Shadowclaw777

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadowclaw777, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Fubble10 (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-04)
If you say you feel sorry for the Spirit or Being... You probably shouldn't fear it. For one reason, if it wanted to scare or hurt you it would of done so in the basement.

Hope this helps!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Shadowclaw,
I read through your experience a couple of times thinking perhaps I was being a bit harsh. But after going over the details again, I was struck by the opportunity you were leaving yourself open to. And that is the sequel type chapter, if you will, story. This always raises a red flag with me for the simple fact that it is something that is frowned upon in the submissions guidelines. It is always best to put all the details together into one experience.
One of the reasons for this is the back referencing. This can get annoying when there are other stories to get to as well. Going back and forth from one to the other simply to get the full account of what occurred is unproductive, and details do get lost in the shuffle. That leads to more explaining and referencing than would otherwise be necessary.
Beyond that, it begins to feel as if you are stringing the reader along for your own enjoyment. I'm sorry, but that is how I feel about it.
Next it is the act of telling the reader what you felt, which is what we want to hear. However, that then switches to you adding another entity based on a random scratch of unknown origin
He's a sad entity.
Now there is a malevolent entity that physically harms you.
Now the basement guy is a protector? But you got scratched. How does that make your protector look? Well, not like a protector.
Well, what do you, the reader have to say about all of this?
You see, it's these little lead ins that make me suspicious there may be a motive behind all of it. That is where it credibility begins to get blurred. And, again, I'm sorry if you don't agree with my assessment. I don't expect you to. But that's how it looks from my side of the table.
Besides, you asked.

Jav

~No more calling you kid. Got it!~

Jav
Shadowclaw777 (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Rook -
No, I don't think it was evil. I think that if it was, it would've used that fact that I was alone to do something, instead of just approach me than disappear.

And I've read your Cleansing method that you posted on my other story, and I'm going to try it!:3

Macdouk -
I've tried to talk with it in my living room, but that didn't work. It only got me a scratch on the back of my hand. I'm going to try one more time to talk to it, this time in the basement in front of the wall I saw it come out of, to see if that'll help it communicate with me.

Jav -
Don't know what to tell you. What I posted is what happened to me; I'm not sure what else to tell you. Believe it or not; that's fine with me, it's your opinion.
And I reported this to my parents, and a few of my friends. My parents only reply was to stay away from the medicine cabinet, which I never touch since I know not to touch my parent's heart medicine, which is all that's in there, and a few of my friends believed me, and a few others did not.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Shadowclaw,
This is a bit different, mainly for your age. You say you are 13yrs old? Alright, I'll leave that alone. However, this whole "sad" entity has the feel of a planned sequel to it, and that I find quite distressing. First of all, to go by your account of what occurred, I would have to believe that a person your age, when faced with the unknown, and that unknown bearing down upon them, would have the presence of mind to assess the inner feelings of a black mass. And to have that idea come to you just as it is disappearing into nothingness? How can you be so sure that it was a true read? The sadness could have been your own.
Who did you report this event to? Parents? After all, it is their home, their child, and will ultimately be their problem? Just sayin'.

Jav 🤔
macdouk (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Hi,

I agree with Rook on the gut feeling. If yout think it was sad I'd go with that. As you sound as you have overcome your fear, I am wondering if you will try to investigate the spirit and help it on its way? I would really like to hear an update as to how you are doing.

Thanks
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Shadowclaw,

It seems you managed to overcome your own fear and as you did so you 'felt' the emotions from this spirit. We here on site often ask people 'did you think it was 'evil' because it had scared you or did the 'spirit' actually feel 'evil'? We ask this because an individuals 'gut feelings' can tell a lot about the 'intent' of a spirit. (At least that's my opinion)

So if your 'gut' feeling was of sadness then I'd go with that... It could be why the spirit is 'earth bound'. If your are really nervous about this spirits intentions I have a Shielding/Cleansing Method that is yours for the asking.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: