You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board Regret

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board Regret

 

Two weeks ago, my friends Ryan, Jose and I played with a Ouija board. The board belonged to Ryan. When Ryan and Jose came to visit me in my apartment in New Jersey, they had the Ouija board with them and we decided to play.

Ryan has played with this board before and, hence, he was the one who was beckoning the spirit so that we can ask questions. About 5 minutes into the seance, the pointer began to move. Ryan asked what the name of the spirit was and it spelled out "JOHN." He asked the spirit when he died and it replied "24 June 1963." I asked the spirit how he died and he did not reply. The pointer did not move. When Ryan asked the same question, the spirit replied "KILLED MYSELF." I think this spirit was more drawn towards Ryan, which explains why he ignored my question. After that, Ryan asked when he is going to die. The spirit replied "2026." He was visibly shaken after hearing that. I was kind of curious about my death as well and I asked Ryan to inquire the spirit about my demise. The spirit replied "2039." At this point, I was scared but my curiosity got the best of me and I asked Ryan to inquire the spirit on how I will die. The spirit immediately replied "Gunshot." Jose was very quiet but he also asked the spirit about his year of demise. The spirit replied "2054."

At this point, the pointer began moving on its own in different directions and it flew off and hit the wall that was behind me. We decided to end the session. Unlike other Ouija Board stories, none of us saw any ghosts or experienced any haunting after we ended the session. I think this spirit disliked me for some reason because it ignored my questions.

I kind of regret participating in this seance because I came to know when and how I will pass away and it is kind of nerve racking, especially for Ryan because his predicted death is only 14 years away.

I think I learned my lesson that Ouija Boards can be dangerous if it used for the wrong purpose.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hjairag, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Adam2060 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Hello, I recently did the ouija boredwith 2 of my friends, I met a friendly spirit named 'FITSROY' I found some more details out about him, he was 35 and australian, His spelt out "car" when I asked how he died, I'm assuming he died in a car crash. I was very interested to as when I would die, He took a good 30 seconds to finally complete the 4 numbers I was waiting for. He wrote "2060" I am 17 now, And very very interested if this oujia bored is real, and not just my head playing games with me. Any replies would be appriciated~!
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
Hey people if you know anything about zozo please tell me! I am not going to tell you my name but my name is like that and my nick name is zozo! Please help I am scared that the demon (all I know) will come into my body and posses me because of my name!
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-06)
I don't necessarily think the spirit/demon dislikes you. See who ever does the ouija first, the spirit will answer them rather to the other person. But it dependse if it was the same spirit as the one that Ryan contacted before.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Jav and sds have both mentioned the planchette 'flying' off the table and have wondered if it could be 'true' or perhaps a 'more powerful' spirit/entity.

My thoughts on this...

If all 3 individuals were still touching the 'pointer' when this 'event' happened then an ordinary spirit could have caused this to occur. Think about it... 3 people are allowing a spirit to draw energy from them so that it can communicate... If the spirit in question uses all that available energy and 'exerts' itself, then I can see how a 'pointer' could go 'flying'. If poltergeist activity can happen due to one individuals energy as they go through puberty then why can't a spirit drawing on 3 (or more) people make something like that happen?

There is also a chance that it's a non-human entity... Or as sds said it "was not an ordinary spirit at all." While I haven't shared all of my experiences I can, and will say this... One of the strongest encounters I had was with 'something' that was strong enough that it did not 'depart' when a board session I was sitting in was closed, this 'something' was able to manipulate the 'pointer'. It was able to do so with no one touching it. (I'm going to have to share this one now aren't I?)

So while it may not happen often, it is possible for the planchette (pointer) to go 'flying' off the table. Yes it's like something out of a movie... Yes it's rare... But it can happen.

Respectfully,

Rook
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Rook summed up my thoughts so beautifully. When I read the story and saw the word "play", I decided to state that we don't play Ouija Board. Secondly, as rook said don't concentrate and give energy to those dates.

Further, like many others, Jav and Shamby, I am skeptical about the planchette flying off to the wall behind you. If that were to be true, then what you have encountered was not an ordinary spirit at all.

But, my advise to you is that don't venture to test Ouija Board. They are evil.

Regards,

SDS
shamby (15 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Alright... I can't say Ouija Boards are entirely evil. I've had a semi good experience with one. It wasn't the best, but I did find out that my recently deceased step mother was okay. HOWEVER, spirits LIE. They can lie about who they are, anything really because they are just deceased people and people lie. So please use a little logic and take what it says with a grain of salt.

I also do not believe the part of the planchette flying into the wall. A session I have had with the Ouija we spoke to a demon that attached itself to my boyfriend's mom and nothing crazy happened. Please if you're going to tell a story tell the whole truth. Don't make things up for the site or for people to read, save fiction for elsewhere. However if it is true, then you weren't messing with an ordinary spirit. And you also need to realize with an ending like yours, it just makes the whole story seem fake. Please remember that for next time! Thank you!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Question... Why would you believe that the spirit of a man who commited suicide in 1963 have the answers to when and how you will die? Which leads me to another question. How do you know for sure that this was the spirit of a man who commited suicide in 1963? As others said before me, spirits LIE. They will do pretty much anything if it keeps you communicating with them. Especially if they are up to no good. Don't believe any of it. It's bull doo doo. 🤔
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
hjairag,
Okay, here's where you went wrong when writing this up to be submitted to this crowd. You gave the silliest load of hoo haw to sum it all up with.

"At this point, the pointer began moving on its own in different directions and it flew off and hit the wall that was behind me. We decided to end the session"

Riiiiiight...
So casual. Like that happens all the time and we would just look past it as another Quija Board session with another ho-hum ending.
WRONG! That doesn't happen. Where you guys got your magical planchette is a mystery to the rest of us. Come on, man! Is that the best you can do with this semi-cautionary tale? I certainly hope that's it.

This kind of fakery is getting to be too much anymore. We've gone from Zozo the Demon Clown to a constant stream of cautionary Quija Board tales. You don't need to make up a bunch of stuff that never happened to be able to hang around here kids. In fact, that's the worst thing you can do. So PLEASE! Knock it off. Okay?

Jav
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
It seems that if you allow it to... Using this ouija board for an hour or so 1 evening could potentially ruin your life (if that's not an ad to all those who are curious not to bother I don't know what is) your friends and yourself could live in permanant fear now because of what this 'thing' has told you now let me think (hmmm) what type of creature would enjoy that? A demon! Pay no mind to it at all any heavenly spirits know that's a question only god can answer... ❤ ❤ ❤ sending you lots of love Demons hate that...:)
Zwin (1 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
It's not because a spirit says something that it is certainly true. My brother was told he would die at 36 and he is now 40. If anyone had a method to know those things for certain, everybody would use it.

Spirits do lie or make up answers.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+7
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
You have used a word concerning this form of spirit communication that bothers me GREATLY... You said we 'Played' with it. The 'board' is not a game, nor is spirit communication.

As far as the answers you had received I have one thing to say. If you focus on them, put energy into these 'dates' then you will contribute to them actually happening. Please do not 'feed them'.

There seems to be an 'unwritten rule' when it comes to most Fortune Tellers that if they 'see death' in the questionnaires Future they will not tell them because if the individual 'focuses' on this 'event' it will come to pass. I feel they do this because the Fortune they 'cast' for you is based on the 'events' in the individuals life at the precise moment the 'casting' is preformed... The exact same question can be asked 10 seconds later and a different path may be reveled... This is because the individual has made a decision based on the previous answer and now the 'situation' is different and therefore a different outcome presents itself. (I hope that makes sense.) Please do not focus on or 'obsess' over the dates provided by the 'spirit/entity' that 'spoke' through the board that night.

Respectfully,

Rook
florence_smit (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
i don't recomend you use ouija boards they are evil be careful
spencer9997 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
My knowledge on Ouija boards is limited, but it's not something I would attempt without proper protections.

I wouldn't let the spirit's answers bother you, however. Ouija boards seem to be particularly well known to bring out demons. So, I feel that without some kind of proof from the spirit in question of its orientation that it most likely lied to you. Especially to you, considering that it seemed to dislike you.

I would say to brush off the encounter and set up some kind of protection just as a precaution.
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
This is a really creepy story. After everything I've read and heard about Ouija Boards, I will never touch one ever again. I did once when I was 14, and luckily nothing happened.

However, I really don't think that this random spirit/demon really knows the future, or when you will die. Only God knows that. I think it may have just been making things up. You're very lucky that nothing paranormal happened after your session ended, I think.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: