You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Goose And The Girl

Real Ghost Stories

White Goose And The Girl

 

I remember when I was around the age of 8 when I visited my father's working ground. He worked at NIEHS (National Institute of Environment and Science) in Durham as a research scientist.

I visit there on Sundays and sometimes Saturdays to visit his office and see his work, but this is not about his work nor about what this place do.

I still remember that place like yesterday, the huge lake that stretches across for miles, geese flocking around, looking for food and stuff. It was a building with park all shoved together.

Then one day during my visit to my father's work, we both decided to walk around the park during his break and as usual for small young kids, they love to chase around birds which I did. But as I was about to chase some geese which are all black and brown, I saw something amazing. A pure white goose.

I was so amazed by how beautiful the bird was and I almost thought it was a swan so I tugged my father, stating that I saw a white goose. My dad looked at me strangely for a minute, but dissolved quickly as he too seemed to have seen it.

I chased that goose around for a while until I heard a voice calling out from a distance.

"Please catch my goose!"

Confused, I chased the white goose as I saw a young girl around 16 years of age, wearing a strange dress running through the field. I was surprised of what she was wearing, but I shook it off and helped her chasing that white goose until it dashed into the bushes.

We both ran up to the bush and tried to coax the goose out but it refused to come out. We both did so many methods, using bread, cooing the goose's name out, trying to reach in and get the goose but no matter how much we both tried, that goose refused to come out.

Then my father called me it was time to go home and I apologized to the girl that I had to leave, but she seemed okay with it and I waved her good-bye and walked away.

On the way home, I asked my dad if he knew the girl but he declared, he never knew that girl. I even asked my if there was any kind of an event going on near the campus and my father seemed to be deep in thought and stated that there's no other event that he was aware of.

That was years ago, and now back in present, I actually wondered of who the girl was and that strange white goose. My father and I talked about the experience in North Carolina after few months we have moved in Michigan and I sneakily brought up the subject.

"Hey dad?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember about the white goose back in North Carolina?"

My father was confused about this and I tried to explain to him what I saw back then. Seeing only confusion, I decided to ask him another question,

"Do you know the girl dad? You know, a young teenage girl around 16 or something and has a weird dress that's been made around in 1600s or 1700s? You know, at your old work place?"

"I'm sorry," My father apologized, "But I don't even recall seeing a young girl in the campus. Are you sure you're not imagining things?"

"I thought you saw the white goose and the girl. I asked you if there was any event going on and you said no."

"I remember that whole thing, even the lake," My father snapped, "but I never saw a white goose or a young girl in the Department of Science."

I didn't bring it up since then.

Other hauntings by Sti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-24)
I absolutely believe your experience. Very strange. I know there is a fairy tale called "The Goose Girl" that is very old.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
You know, this is an exceptional story - how you interacted witgh what was presumably a spirit. I believe it as these things happpen now and then. I've learned that if you encounter a person dressed in very out dated clothing - though they look solid enough - suspect a possible ghost. Check out my one story here - very very similar to yours.
Sti (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
English was pretty much of my second language-despite myself being born in America. 😐 I keep on forgetting the rules of grammar and past tense.

Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep the grammar check in mind.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Raftingirl,

I understood the statement... I had to read it twice to be sure I understood what the O/P was trying to say...I, however, would have worded it like this...

Orignal:

"I was surprised of what she was wearing, but I shook it off and helped her chasing that white goose until it dashed into the bushes."

My Wording:

I was surprised by what she was wearing, but I shook it off and helped her chase that white goose until it dashed into the bushes.

It may be a 'regional' way of 'speaking' that is coming out in the 'O/P's sentence structure it just 'struck' me as odd. I really enjoyed the story... So I hope I haven't offended the O/P by asking the question I did.

Respectfully,

Rook
Raftingirl (2 stories) (113 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Dear Rook,
I must ask. What did you want from that phrase that didn't come through to you? I'm curious ~ it made sense to me.

Plus, a lot of us [English speakers] speak with people all the time who are just learning English. We need to be understanding. Also - you and I have both done posts that might not be 100% English accurate;)

Just a thought...
I mean NO offense. You are one of the most highly esteemed posters and writers and HELPERS on this Forum. I was just curious as to what you meant.

With warmest regards,
Sue
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-20)
Sti,

Unusual experience to be sure.

I'm going to ask a kind of personal question, and I do not mean any disrespect... You sentence structure and grammar make me wonder, and I have to ask, is English your second language? This is the second 'experience' I have read from the newly posted ones which made me want to ask that question... I am hoping English is your second language but I fear it's going to be your primary and that the 'text' generation we live in has doomed the written English Language. Again I do not mean any disrespect but sentences like...

"I was surprised of what she was wearing, but I shook it off and helped her chasing that white goose until it dashed into the bushes."

Make me wonder...

Respectfully,

Rook
Sti (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
I did feel creeped out when I realized try both didn't exist but I was also curious of what had happened to her.
Blackmoonmage20 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Are you scared after you knew that the girl and the goose didn't exist after all?It's common for most children to experience that kind of occurence. 😊
God bless you!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: