You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Wake-up Call

Real Ghost Stories

Wake-up Call

 

This happened two years ago before I moved up to Michigan.

I was in middle school back then, and I had a terrible habit on sleeping for a long period of time, which both of my parents had their job to wake me up around 6:00 in the morning and leave home around 6:15 for the bus. It became a routine for all three of us and had been continued for three months.

My father had this habit on opening the door wide, just slam at the wall for the fun, turn on the light and leaves my room so I can get up myself. He always calls me to get up so it did it's job back then.

So as usual, I was sleeping in my bed and was stirring awake from my slumber when I heard the door creak open. Then I heard my father's voice telling me to get up, and the light went up.

I replied, "I'm up" and turned around to face my father so I can see him at the door. The spot was empty.

I was confused at that time. I never heard my father walking away nor did I even remember him just heading out. I checked the light switch, only to realize that it was still off. I even looked around the living room area to see that my father was still asleep in his bed, but I brushed it all off.

Fast forward to night, I was talking with my father during dinner and he said something that I didn't wish to hear. "I was surprised you woke up early by yourself" said my father. "I was going to wake you up only to find your bed empty!"

"So...you didn't wake me up in the morning?"

"Of course I didn't, I just got up around 6:20 to wake you up to inform you that you're going to be late."

"So..." I thought, "if it's not my father who woke me up, then who did?"

Other hauntings by Sti

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sti, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sti (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
To zedafornow; I lost my grandmother a year before this happens so it might be a possibility that she might've woken me up.

To SDS; the door was widely open when I got up and I was sure it was closed when I went to bed.

To MizMiMi02; thank you that makes really sense.

Thank you everyone for reading.
Annabellee (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Having read your story and the comments, I have only one thing to say. Wait and see.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Actually, it's just residual. The energy is in that same spot, and does the same action everyday, that when your dad was late doing it, it happened anyway. Jav has a really good example of what residual is, and she's spot on with it. But basically when the same action is done everyday for a period of time, the energy from that person is always in that spot whether they are or not. Make sense?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Hello Sti, I want to ask you one thing. Was the door open at that time when you had this experience. If it did, then it is a paranormal experience. If not, then we should find out something rational like you having some dream or something. I had such experiences too. Thanks for sharing and if possible, do answer my question.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Hi Sti:

I might disagree with the other posters on this one. I think it may have been a guardian angel of sorts, or a deceased loved one that was trying to let you know that they are still watching over you. Maybe as sort of a loving "trick" to wake you before your dad did. Have you lost any family members such as a favorite uncle or grandfather?

Thanks, zeta.
Sywren (29 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
I have to agree with the majority of comments made so far. I have also dreamt of having been woken up for whatever reason by someone, only to wake and realize it never happened. Sometimes in the morning, depending on how your sleep cycle went (for example: how often you woke up through the night, etc) it's easiest to have lucid dreams. And again, it is something you routinely go through.

Let us know if you have any other experiences with this!:)
Sti (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
The light actually came on by itself. I flipped the switch and went back to normal.
Supernatural88888888 (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Maybe since your dad did that so much it left an imprint on the environment and energy built up over time and then it released the energy so it replayed. Or you were dreaming it.
brokenbabygirl (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
yeah it used to happen to me a lot too... If its routine then sometimes you'll imagine it happening... That's what happens to me anyway
trademekfc (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
sorry to say this but I only think that was a dream evreone gets that its just routine:/

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: