You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Old Man In My Bathroom Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Man In My Bathroom Mirror

 

I have to wake up in the morning everyday for school, and the routine is usually always the same, but one morning something happened. The memory of this completely plants itself in my mind.

I had walked in the bathroom one morning one day to brush my teeth, leaving the door wide open so that the bathroom could be shared with my sister if needed, and I go about the task normally. Just as I finished, and lifted my head up to where I can visually see myself standing there, but in the reflection I was not alone.

The mirror had shown that an older man, probably 50 to 60 years of age, was standing, leaning, against the very doorway I had left open. The expression on his face appeared to be as if he had been watching me for some time, intently. He had been wearing a plaid shirt, and overalls (not really the attire of today). As much as I wanted to scream, I kept cool and collected and turned around. To my surprise, there was nobody there when I had turned around. I was once again alone. I checked yet again in the mirror, and the mirror mockingly proved there was nobody with me.

I'm not sure why I have seen that man, but it was not the first time, and not the first entity either. I have seen other such things on many other occasions that I cannot explain. I have heard that some people have the ability to see things that others cannot. I have tried to be skeptic to my encounters but I have not had luck on giving any normal reasons to what has happened. I've had these problems since I was very young.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mercedes97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Theonewhoknows (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
I don't think the Learning ever stops! A new day always has a new lesson, to be learnt! God bless you!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
TOWK - experience always counts. You seem to know a lot... About a lot. Just trying to see where it's coming from 😉
Theonewhoknows (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
I am glad I could help. The source of information hmm... Does experience count...? 😉
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-04)
Theonewhoknows - thanks for clarifying. Where does your information come from? Like I said, I've never heard it explained like that.
Theonewhoknows (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
Psychics have an ability, a gift given by god, the power known as Extra Sensory Perception (ESP). Psychics have different ways of reacting to the other realm, ways that come naturally to them. Some are enlightened by touch, some by thoughts. For instance, when a psychic walks into a house accused of being haunted, he or she immediately understands the, nature of the presence, its strength and its source. The level of information imbibed depends on the sensitivity of the psychic. When they touch any object present in the house, it conveys information.
So when they touch the objects that have been in the infamous house since a very long time, they learn about the past events that have occurred, be it bad, tragic events, murders, suicides etc or good events. When they touch the object, they relive the horror that happened in the past and this drains out a considerable amount of energy from their body. Some psychics are so sensitive that, they get to know about the past events just by their mere presence in the room.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
Theonewhoknows - I have never heard psychics explained that way before. I have a couple of questions but the comment I'm most curious about is this one, "Just by touching an object or simply breathing in the air most psychics can analyze the energy present in the given space." Can you elaborate?
Theonewhoknows (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
Hey there,
Its really hard to say whether you are psychic. Psychics not only witness incidents that belong to the other realm, but can also feel them. Its like they imbibe a big chunk of dreadful, sinister events that have happened in the past and relive the horror. They are hypersensitive to energy fields in all environments and have the ability to classify the energy in terms of its nature. Some realize it at an early age, some as they grow older and there are some who don't realize they have such abilities until its triggered by some event in their life, that takes a huge toll on them. Just by touching an object or simply breathing in the air most psychics can analyze the energy present in the given space.

From what you've experienced, it is clear about the presence of an entity. The entity could be an intelligent spirit or depending on how and when they appear to you, could also point out to be a residual haunting. Chances are that the thing that haunts you could be a negative, evil dark entity, a demon perhaps. Demons often infest people initially. They manifest as normal human spirits, portray themselves as friendly spirits, gain your confidence and they trick you into believing that its a just a spirit and its harmless.

First of all, look up the land records of the place you live in. Check the local library for references of any events that took place at the same place, in the past. Try to find, in the records, details about anyone who fits your description of the apparition you've seen.

My whole point is, you need to ascertain whether the thing that haunts you is a Spirit or a Demon, as both have different ways of being dealt with.
Ghost_Girl7231 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
Cool I live in a house and my 2 bestfriends are my neighbors and we all 3 have paranormal experiences all the time and each others houses but we only have experienced 1 paranormal experience all together.
mercedes97 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
So if I am a medium, is it weird that I never both see and hear things at the same time? Its one way or the other, never both. I don't live in the house that this story was based in anymore. But that hasnt stopped appearances. I don't know if I want to turn it off or not, but I do wish to know how to control it or even maybe strengthen my ability to communicate with them at times I choose.
-Mercedes
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
Perhaps you are a medium. Spirits may be drawn to you because you can see them. As I understand it, this ability may go away with time or it may get stronger. If you're interested in investigating your abilities further, a reputable medium or paranormal investigator may be able to help you. If not, I would ignore them and perhaps they will go away.
scarlet_island (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I agree with rookdygin. Maybe the man you saw used to live in that house and maybe has never moved on or was just checking up on his old residence. Based on the way you handled the situation, you were very brave!
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I agree with Terrorclaw you dhould try to communicate with this spirit to see why he's here. It may also be a good idea to do some research on the property.
arina (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
You can probably see ghosts there are many people in the world that can see ghosts.
It can be a good thing and a bad thing so you be carfull and so far o think it's a good thing because they haven't hurt you so, so far they probably won't do any harm to you. 😕
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
mercedes,

Before doing/trying anything do a bit of research into the property you live on... Speaking of which... How long have you lived in the home/apartment...Just recently moved in? Or been their for years?

You mentioned that you have 'seen' other spirits... Was this in your home or 'out and about town'. You may be a medium and that ability is 'waking up' as you advance through puberty.

The 'old man' you saw may be the (a) former owner who was insuring that his property (home) is being taken care of.

If you have questions, please ask them and I will do my best to help you. If you wish I ca even try and teach you how to 'close yourself off' so you do not have to deal with this 'problem' as you put it.

Respectfully,

Rook
JayGamer (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I agree with terrorclaw too he may need help but try to carry salt just in case.
Alphawolfe (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I agree with Terrorclaw. The best thing to do is find out who he is, what he wants and how he got to the living world. He may need help, or just need a friend.
Terrorclaw (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
I suggest that you try and communicate with the spirit, find out why he is there and how how he got there. Maybe you could even help him, but don't be scared of him unless he hurts you. Maybe he just needs your help so he can pass on to the afterlife.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: