You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Husband... My Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

My Husband... My Haunting

 

So here's a backstory, And no, this is NOT a joke. I searched for similar experiences and decided I would post and see if anyone had advice. This is not at all funny or a prank so please no negative comments.

My husband is 20, I am 22. He works at a KFC restaurant in our town. He has terrible anxiety disorder, lacks sleep and has terrifying dreams. He had a crappy childhood. His mom was an alcoholic up until he was 7 and on his 7th b-day wrecked a car with him in it and decided that was her wake up call. His dad is a Christian, and used the 'scare the hell out of you so you go to church' method, instead of getting him to take it in on his own. At 10 his 16-year-old brother passed away, and that drove his mom into a severe and still present pill addiction. He's had anger/anxiety/depression most of his life for several reasons. Neither of us were particularly religious, and I think he had a grudge against God because of his brother's death.

Skip to recent accounts.

About a week ago his assistant manager at work who is 19 decided to buy a Ouija board to mess around with. They did it at work and he calls me telling me it "doesn't like him" and "wants his blood" and his "inner darkness". He brings it home because we have been having some paranormal occurances for a few weeks. Cabinets opening, the couch scooting a couple inches when we arent here, and our curtains being down. Also my 3 year old claims to see things here and there. [sorry this is all over the place, I am genuinely scared]. Anyway, he brings it home and I follow every rule I have found online, not to ask it what it wants, taunt or patronize it, etc.

The first time I asked "Is there anyone there?" It said yes, I asked their name and they spelled "Dari". I asked where they were from, they attempted to spell something, then went to "goodbye." The second time I asked if anyone was there, it said "yes" I asked if there were any kids, it said no. I asked how many spirits there were, it said 6. I asked where they were from, it spelled out "get out". I had to stop for a few minutes because I was shaking, I don't take this stuff lightly. My husband then pushed until we tried 1 LAST time.

I asked if there was anyone there who wanted to talk to either of us. It quickly slid to yes. I asked it's name, it went to No. I asked where it was from and it started counting back from 0 [From my research when it starts to count backwards in the numbers or letters it's a demon trying to escape.) I quickly said goodbye and it slid to goodbye. I then begged my husband to promise me he wouldn't mess with it anymore, and we took it back to his manager the next morning.

The next day he works, he comes home and says "please don't be mad". I knew he had touched it again. I was so angry I couldn't see straight. I'm about to tear into him for it when he stops me and says, "It said it wants my boss to kill me to release the 'dark inside' me." I'm dumbfounded. I think he's joking until I see the look in his eyes. His boss refused to even drive him home because apparently he witnessed this, along with about 5 other guys my husband works with.

It also spelled out that my husband is symbollically the son of satan, and that he has been being followed for the last 20 years [his whole life].

After all of this he hasn't touched it again, but his manager that bought it wanted to take it home, and no one has heard from him since.

I'm really afraid of this considering we have a 3 year old daughter as well as a 1 year old daughter. We really don't know what to do. We took some advice and stripped out the horror movies/literature we had and got a couple of bibles, and we plan to go to church, but my husband is seriously convinced none of it will work.

He does admit he feels a sense of clarity because it makes all of his anxiety and depression make sense now.

I'm honestly at a loss. I'm afraid for my husband and my family if we don't intervene soon.

I'm sorry if you think I'm crazy or if this is posted in the wrong thread. I just really need some advice and answers.

Thanks.

[P.S- Some occurances include: My front door opening on it's own and my 1 year old almost falling down 2 flights of stairs. My 3 year old getting locked in our room without knowing how to lock the door, and my husband having to bust the door in to get her out. Various noises and unexplained moved furniture, curtains falling. And today being most recent, mysterious ashes and charred paper on the floor in front of our bed, ashes on the bed, and our comforter balled up in the corner of the room. Also soot smudges at the top of our door frame. I cannot explain this at all. Same day, we go to get the old bible his dad loaned us out from under his side of the mattress where I put it, and it has vanished. Moved the whole bed, looked in every room in the apartment. Gone. We need help]

Kristin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Executionista, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
[at] Wiz,
If that's true, where are the posts that were here before? They disappeared "mysteriously" I see.
Well, really it's not that big of a mystery. Considering who you really are.

Jav
Wiz (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-02)
jav

We just got off to the wrong start. You don't know me at all and you probably do get people using more than one profile, you would know about this more than me. Your assumptions and judgement of me are completely wrong but its yor freedom of choice to have such veiws I just hope that over time you will get to actually know me and realise that I'm just a regular guy with an interest in paranormal phenomenon. Wiz
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
[at] Pjod,
I think you hit the nail right on the head. That is possibly the most telling comment made by Nick so far.

[at] Wiz,
This is the last post I will make concerning you. But I don't want you to leave empty handed. We, most of us anyway, have a real problem with folks who use more than one alias to post under. Sadly, in the past, it has led others to their ultimate removal from the site. A decision they made on their own, by the way. As it happens, I do know who you are. You see, I keep track of certain nuances people use in their everyday postings. And just as granny has Taylor to contend with, I have you and two others that seem to think you are the elusive sort. You are not. I won't reveal who you are publicly. However, that could change very quickly if you continue to be this way. The holes you leave are large enough to drive a barge through.

Jav
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
Nick,
Something stuck out in your posts below. You mentioned that your co-workers told you the board does not perform when you're not there involved in the session. It is believed by many, for a long time, that the board operates through our subconscious... That we actually cause the planchet to move without realizing, thinking it to be an outside force causing it. If there is any truth to that theory, it is possible that you may be causing these disturbing phrases unknowingly... Or knowingly causing the board to perform in a manner that brings attention and drama into your life.
Wiz (23 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
at Lakota73

I agree completely with what you have said and we have gone well off topic regarding comments. I wish the family in the story find the help, one way or another, that they so desperatly need x peace and love x wiz x
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
[at] Lakota,
You are absolutely right. Thank you for bringing it back to where it belongs.

Jav

[at] Wiz,
😲
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+4
12 years ago (2012-08-31)
As controversial as the above story is and as free as people - including myself - are to post their opinions, I do feel as though posters have derailed off the topic, somewhat.
Is this really what the story poster required from us? However free we are to voice our opinions, would we really like it if people were posting irrelevant slanging matches on our stories or would we just like to see comments - whether conflicting to our own beliefs or not - to be centred around the story topic?
As for the family who are experiencing problems after the use of the ouija board, please unite as a family, surround yourselves with only good and seek professional help for any problems you are experiencing before the situation escalates. We all like a good spook and an experience with the paranormal, but when it becomes dangerous to yours and your family's physical and mental wellbeing then take a cautious step back and don't meddle with something you have no control over or experience with.
Wiz (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Im a 100% 'newbie' but it really does seem a bit hostile comment wise. I have quite a few different stories to post on here and am looking forward to doing so, and reading everybodys comments. Although, like I say it seems to be more hostile on here lately x peace and love x wiz x
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Hey wiz,
It's not lately, and it's not negativity. It's been this way all along and it's discussion and debate, You'll get used to it.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
That's just the problem. You say you don't believe it works, yet you believe you have what it says you have. So either you want this problem or you want to blame your own problems on something in order not to have to take the blame for something you caused. The problems you two have with the trust issue are yours, not ours. We cannot get into relationship problems here. Those are out of our realm. The thing about this Ouija board incident is that you are not consistent in what happened as opposed to what you want others to believe occurred. Laying down the suggestion is the same as saying you wanted it to happen. Because you obviously want someone to believe you are being followed by a demon or something. Honestly? Both of you are on a one upmanship course into fightville. That cannot be good for the family dynamic. My advice to you is to not worry about who's wrong and who's right. Find a place in the center and grab hold tight for the sake of your family and yourselves. We have a rule in our house. "Never go to bed mad" Even if we have to make jokes to get the subject in perspective, we do it.

Jav
Wiz (23 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Hi peeps this is the first time I have commented on here so its all good 😊. I been following this site for about a year now and I find it very insightful, from the stories, to the comments that's why I have decided to put my first one here. Intersting story with lots of interesting comments. The thing I find the most interesting is that there seems to be a lot of negativity on lots of threads lately x peace and love x wiz x
Nickalopalis92 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
She told she put what happened up on a site but I never read what she put.
Nickalopalis92 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I didn't believe it would work, no. I don't believe the things it said. As soon as it said what it said, I told my fiance that we needed to get everything bad out of the house, start going to church etc... Like I said i'm working on removing what ever this thing is.
stephyw2001 (guest)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I'm going to butt in here... Did you and your fiance join this site at the same time? How did you even find out she posted this story here? Did she tell you? You both appear to be new members. And if she told you, damn girl! You definitely set your man up to be a psycho none-the-less "nutcase" as he mentioned. Shame on you for that. You can be frustrated, but it seems to me like you're taking out your anger by writing a whole story revolved around making him look bad, then most likely telling him about it so he can see that you're doing just that "all over the internet" so to say.

Nick, if you know you have a high maintenance, high strung, or easily paranoid woman, try not to do something stupid like mention Ouija boards around her ok? Its just not worth it. And I agree with badjuujuu, though it is just KFC, it is still your job and you do have a family to take care of. Even though it was your manager's idea, it's probably not a good idea to play with 'games' at work. You should be spending your time deep-frying random unsanitary objects for fun like all the other KFCs around the country do. 😆

Kids will be kids and do stupid stuff like lock themselves in rooms and fall down the stairs. Front doors do open by themselves if they're crappy. My cat managed to open my front door. And she's a freakin cat. I'm not thinking that part is anything demonic, nor anything to worry about. Regarding the burnt stuff in your room... I'd seriously start keeping an eye on people who may be playing a prank (albiet a sick prank burning a bible and all...). Not that it's impossible that its a demon or something, but its not as probable as pranks.

Good luck you two, try to not terrorize eachother before the wedding ok?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Nick,
Here's the deal. You know her better than anyone, right? That means you must have known what to expect when you told her what was, allegedly, revealed by using the board. You have the sole responsibility, in this scenario, to do the right thing. You chose to go down a path that was dangerous and you you did it with full knowledge of the ramifications that could result from this behavior. This isn't something you can throw back on her. This is your mess, you made it. And from all indications so far you are in total belief of what this board session had revealed. What's that all about? You said yourself you didn't really believe this thing would work, now it's the be all and end all? That is a bit suspicious sounding to me.

Jav
Nickalopalis92 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
We wasn't sure what to do with it. So we gave it to a preacher. That's it.
Nickalopalis92 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Trust me if you knew my fiance, you'd understand. I love them all and put them before me all of the time. I didn't buy the board, it was just partly my idea. What she didn't put was that my kids and I went to church last sunday and got saved. My fiance stayed behind because she wasn't "feeling good" even though she was fine until it was time to go. I used to be attracted to dark things but not anymore. I love my family and would never put them in harms way. What she also didn't put was one day I started hearing whispers then got images flashed through my head, images of her send nude pictures to her ex through her email. I confronted her about it but she claims she doesn't remember doing it. She is very controlling and hates it when things aren't about her. Trust me I know i've been with her for almost 2 years. Some really weird stuff happened with that board but that doesn't mean I believe it and trust me I intend to get rid of whatever is following me.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Wait! Preachers do 'Ouija pick-ups'? When did this start? How quickly did he arrive? Was it like ordering a pizza? Get there in 30 minutes or less or we'll do the exorcism for free?

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Nick,
I am more concerned that you seem determined to find the darkest corners to play in. This is nothing new to anyone here, we read about this stuff daily. Myself, I have already raised my children to adulthood and what I see you doing is what most kids go through in their early to mid teenage years. You have drug it forward into your adult life. This is a problem. And unless you see it as such, you aren't ready to be an adult with the responsibilities that go along with that. Perhaps it is from working with a younger set of peers at your place of employment? But that really doesn't excuse it now, does it? Your fiance has every right to go ballistic on you for this behavior. You saying she is over reacting shows a lack of maturity on your part. You are supposed to be a father now.
Nick, you bought the board, not her.

Jav
Nickalopalis92 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
And like I said, it was my fiance's idea to bring it home not mine.
Nickalopalis92 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
My other boss was the one asking the questions, not me. I wanted the board because I was curious and honestly didn't think it would work. We tried asking questions, But my boss (who goes to church) was curious about some things so he decided to ask some questions of his own. Then that's when all the demons said what they were.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
The child's fall and the locked door are just what kids go through in the normal course of their lives. Those incidents are dealt with by parents every day.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Alright Nick,
First thing I noticed from your telling of the account is your attention to all things relating to this board. The #13 register, the laughing kids ride, asking what the people and demons 'symbolized', names of demons, etc. This tells me you are no beginner when it comes to the Ouija board. What was the purpose for buying it in the first place? You certainly cannot be that naive as to say you had no clue what messing with the spirits could result in. So, what was the pressing matter that prompted the purchase of something you know very well can mean trouble? After all, you have a wife and small children to consider here. Yet you went ahead and tested fate anyway.

Jav
Nickalopalis92 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
well our front door pops open all the time and our little girl is always locking herself in some room. In fact the only one who is freaking out is my fiance. Who tends to over react on everything.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Ok, what is your perspective on how this is affecting the kids? Since one almost fell down the stairs and one was locked up I'm a bit concerned for them. Do you have any ideas in mind to resolve this situation?
Nickalopalis92 (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Okay first off it was mine and my assisstant managers idea to buy the Ouija board. The only register open was 13 which was kind of weird. As we walked out the door some little kid ride at toys 'r us laughed at us as we left.

Okay so the next morning we tried it out and it didn't really do much.
We tried it again later and found out that it wanted my bloody face and to kill me for the darkness inside of me. Pretty much the rest of the day it kept saying it wanted me dead.
I didn't mess with it the next day but I was told that it didn't work at all when I wasn't there.

So the next day I wanted to know more so we messed with it again. That's when I found out it had been following me my entire life. We tried to ask it its name several times and it wouldn't tell us. We asked how many were there and it told us 6. 4 demons and 2 dead people. We asked what they symbolized.
The first spelled out death, the second witchcraft, third pain, fourth Lucifer. We then asked who the 'dead' people symbolized and it said 'Ahret', Michael Jones, he was my brother who was killed in a car crash.

We left it alone because we were all freaked out. We decided to search what 'Ahret' meant and it means afterlife in Babylonian. We messed with it one last time that day it said that I was its son and that it needed me dead so to unleash the darkness inside of me so they could rule heaven. It was saying pretty much the same things if other people were using it without me touching it.

Then we had a preacher come and said a prayer for us. He took the board with him. A few days after that I walked in my room to find burnt paper everywhere and the bible under my bed was missing. The was also an imprint of a thumb all the way across my door. I later found out that some of the people I work with burned what I wrote on our funny saying wall at work.

That's pretty much everything that happened from my side.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I agree. It's up to you if you want your side told in your words.

Jav
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+5
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Hey Nick,
As mentioned, how about typing your version of events? We adults know there are always two sides to a story, so try not to get offended at what has already been posted.
clever210 (3 stories) (189 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
I concur with BadJuuJuu. It would be good to hear your side of the story as well. It's always better when one has both sides of the story.

~clever210
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
12 years ago (2012-08-30)
Maybe you could tell your story, in your words? It's always best to get the facts straight from the horse's mouth as they say.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: