You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Husband's Doppleganger

Real Ghost Stories

My Husband's Doppleganger

 

One day I was at home laying across the bed. I wasn't asleep, just relaxing, waiting on my husband V to come home, when something spoke to me not audibly but telepathically. It said my name T and said turn around. As I turned around this spirit appeared to me. It had on the very same clothes V was wearing that day.

As I looked at this spirit, I noticed the face was distorted. It was turning to ugly faces. At this time I had been experiencing a lot of strange things so I wasn't afraid of this evil spirit no more. I looked at it, shaking my head in disbelief at what I was seeing and just like that it disappeared.

V walked into the bedroom and I told him what just happened but he did not believe me. All I know is that I saw this spirit. It still haunts and taunts me to this very day. I try ignoring it, and prayer is the only thing that helps me keep my sanity. I can go on and on about theses spirit encounters but I'll keep this story short until I share my next one. People, these spiritual beings are real.

Thanks for letting me share my ghost story. As I was telling V about it, he really didn't believe me. I told him a spirit just appeared to me and he was like "What? Was you dreaming?" and I said "No, I was waiting on you to come back and something spoke to me telepathically, saying turn around and I turned around and there was a spirit that looked like you."

Could it be his evil twin, a doppelganger? This experience has got me studying about evil spirits and ghosts and angel beings.

Other hauntings by Tangela01

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tangela01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spiritual_Paganist (15 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-25)
It could have been a shape shifter spirit who wanted to scare you. These entities like to morph and mess with minds. I haven't studied about evil twins so I can't say anything about that. Though you say you have been experiencing alota weird things, it was probably one of the entities wanting to scare you
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-08-21)
Greetings, Tangela, and welcome.

1) Miracles: I had to chuckle at your clarification of the adjusted title; it reminded me of Dana Carvey's "Church Lady" skits on Saturday Night Live! "So, you felt it was 'telepathic'...Hmmm? Not really your husband...Hmmm? Could it have been... Perhaps it was... Oh, I don't know... SATAN?"

2) Tangela, was your husband at home --but in a different part of the house-- while this occurred, or had he been out running errands? How soon did you expect him to go to the bedroom or return from the store?

3) Manafon's spot-on with his explanation of doppelgängers as astral projections, but some doppelgängers are spiritual/angelic entities that precede the arrival of the individual being mimicked.
In each case, the presence is a duplicate of the individual, but you stated that "I noticed the face was distorted. It was turning to ugly faces." Doppelgängers --as a rule-- DON'T do that. "Doppelgängers" means "double-goings," as in the mimic maintains the appearance & mannerisms of the original person, sometimes visiting places & introducing himself/herself to people AS the mimicked person.

4) Spirits --assorted haunting phenomena-- can mimic the *voices* of people within a house, but that's fairly straightforward. I can think of nothing that would prevent a spirit from mimicking the physical appearance of a living person, too. However, the fact is that I keep returning to your assertion that ""I noticed the face was distorted." Either this was a first effort by the entity to do an impersonation, or you're dealing with a spirit with some manner of split personality or identity crisis. *Sometimes,* a lot of emotion can generate a semi-sentient collection of different energies (like many people + decades = poltergeist-ish spirit.).

I'll comment on part two, later.

Biblio.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-15)
Tangela01--What are referred to as doppelgängers (the paranormal variety) are apparitions of the living. Your husband seems to have unconsciously projected an apparition of himself to you. It's a wild phenomenon but there is nothing sinister about it and it isn't a harbinger of evil. There are many well documented cases of apparitions of the living.

You state in your account, "I can go on and on about theses spirit encounters but I'll keep this story short until the next one". Really the more detail you provide the better it is for those reading your account. Information and thoroughness are what help the YGS community ascertain exactly what you experienced and allows for suggestions based on every detail you can remember. The time to provide valuable information should start with the initial account.
roylynx (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-08-15)
Wow interesting one.
Seeing a doppelganger of someone sure is worrying, most of outsider legends (stories told by people other than the person experiencing), have stories that they were evil being of the actual person. Very little was actually experienced by the teller. Thanks for sharing!

E.Lynx
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-08-15)
Tangela01 - I need to explain why I changed the title of your story. It was a little misleading because there is no indication in your story that the spirit you saw was Satan.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: