You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Deep Voice Spoke Loudly 3 Of 3

Real Ghost Stories

A Deep Voice Spoke Loudly 3 Of 3

 

Please take a look at my previous events, it will help you to understand this third and final printing about this unusual voice.

I was getting older now, in my teens and dating. It was during this time, and only this time, that I did not get along with my Dad. His lack of understanding, compiled with my Mom's early passing, was the cause for many personal frustrations.

The mid 1960s presented changes for all. The Beach Boys, Beatles and boys were then my focus. Living on an active farm meant more additional work, more then others had to deal with. I positively detested having to get the cows. Part of our farm's income was milking cows. During good weather they were let out in the morning, after milking, down the path and across the road, to graze and lay in a large pasture, surrounded by woods.

Yes, late afternoon it became my job to collect them, open the big gate swishing them across the same road and up the path slowly. The key word here is slowly... Milking cows shouldn't run as the milk leaks and they become disturbed for hours. The key word again is slowly, as when they enter the barn where my Dad waits, and one at a time he places them in their stations. We are talking about 40 cows here, a job not easy to do alone.

On this particular day, as I walked toward the gate, I could see a storm building in the west. My mind was on my date set for later and running my fingers through my just washed long hair, hoping I wouldn't smell like cow. How I hated this repetitive job. The cows were crowded by the gate and jumpy. I pulled the heavy wooden gate open, and they poured out, much to fast, in fact they were running.

At that moment, after being quiet for years the voice in my brain spoke, even louder than I remembered. RUN-GIRL-RUN, just after, even louder was the enormous cracking from inches behind me and to my left. You can bet I ran and so did the cows, like a wild herd, their feet like thunder. Before we reached midway, my breath gone, I leaned on the last and slowest cow, not able to run as fast, because of her age. My father was in serious danger but of that I had no thought, at that moment.

Selfishly my thoughts were on how angry he would be. Oh poor me... As I braided my hair, I walked in the rain, back to see just what had happened at that gate. The one piece of lightning that storm had produced (that I saw) had reached the tallest and largest pine tree splitting it right down the middle. An enormous trunk half pounded into the dirt, just where I and the cows had passed. I and some of the cows would have been killed. I sat on a wet rock near this fallen tree and prayed, giving thanks.

This ends to date the times I have heard that deep voice, what or who created it, I can only guess. Did I bring the sound to my thoughts from deep primitive place in my brain? Do or did I have a Guardian? Was I to lose this connection when mature? If so, from where did it come? My Grandmother was a North American Indian (Mother's side), could that have given me more ability?

The questions are endless. Your answers have given me a great deal to think about. Can anyone tell me why those cows already knew to run?

Other hauntings by msforgetmenott

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, msforgetmenott, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-27)
Hi Mystic,

Yes you are correct in saying it was the third and last time I heard that voice. With all its power. If he was a guardian, he stopped helping when I became an adult or when I left the farm.

The voice frightened me, I was glad not to hear it again.

Jan
MysticFrance (5 stories) (95 posts)
 
5 years ago (2018-12-27)
Another nice story! I enjoyed and love how you wrote it. So, it was the last time you ever heard the voice. Yes, probably it was your guardian, just like Tweed's.

Regards.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-12)
Thank you cloudy, you note is encouraging, Try to catch the other two also.
Jan
cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-11)
Thank you for your stories, I really enjoyed reading them (reading them during a thunderstorm made them extra exciting). Really like your writing too:)
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-09)
Thank you Lady Glow, your words encourage me to share additional.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-08)
Msforgetmenot: reading your stories is such a pleasure, your descriptions are so detailed that is almost like I'm 'watching' a movie in my mind. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for sharing.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-08)
Thank you Samtillle, I feel I have been blessed my whole life, with connections from beyond.
With the folks at this YGS site that have been encouraging, it has brought old memories to the front of my thoughts. While I have no memory of hearing that voice more than three times, I have had other milder events. Probably not related.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-08)
Hi, I loved your stories and the way you wrote them. The only thing I can say is, whoever the voice belongs to, they were adamant that they were going warn you of danger, when there was a risk your life was in serious danger. Someone on the other side loves you and your family very much and you are very lucky to have these experiences.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
Hello Wish-Not,
I do not believe I have heard a voice in that way but the three times I spoke of.
I was in a car accident not long ago, I wish I could have been warned. I also have had numerous surgeries, some very serious. But heard no voice.
I feel that maturity, ends some connections.
Jan
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-07)
Wardo,
I know it took place in the winter and it was bitter cold. The main even was a chimney fire spreading to the home. One reason, the chimney was over used and not cleaned often enough.
The area where I grew up has very harsh winters and snow is always coming or had just left. In other words I do not remember. It is the main reason we do not live on that land.
Jan
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
msforgetmenott- I really have enjoyed your stories. It's been a welcome change for me, thank you.

In regards to your questioning of not hearing "it" anymore,...Do you think you have been in a situation that would have brought your "guardian" to your aid? Has something happened that you thought "it" should have warned you? Curious indeed. Maybe there is a certain level of threat that it reacts on. Oh here I go again with my rambling.

Great Story Jan. Thanks for sharing all three with us!
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Msforgetmenott,Hello again. Another pleasant read from you.

As I read through your other posts, it seems as though there is always a storm on the brew, or one in full swing. I'm curious in your part 2, was there a storm going on again? Maybe there is some sort of lightning guardian or something. I mean maybe they can communicate better during those times, or maybe it's something much more than that? I'm curious.

I wanted to ask, when you said your father was in danger at that time, what did you mean? I may have missed something in the details, and I apologize if you have already answered this.

Thanks again for sharing! ❀
annie16 (13 stories) (53 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
I've been waiting on eggshells for this story. As always, beautifully written and very interesting. Tweed hit the nail on the head, herd animals all react the same way. My personal view on the voice is that it is a guardian. Just wish all our guardians spoke so clearly...
Please don't stay away to long, your writing is addictive. πŸ˜‰
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Where was this voice when I broke my leg?
Too busy telling girls to run away. πŸ˜†
Great story by the way msforgetmenot, had a certain country tone.
Nataschalo (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
I love reading since I was a child and must say that I love reading your stories.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-05)
Aww shucks Mystie! Yep, I did the same as you and BabyGoatpuller, you got to wait until you have 10 posts. I think it's to stop trolls from abusing the point system. Lurking is fine, this site probably has hundreds of lurkers. 😊
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
I remember it did that to me when I first tried to vote someone up Miracles. I was too shy at the time to say anything about anything so it took me forever to get over my first ten! πŸ˜†
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
MystieGypsy - wow, I had no idea it did this. Or if I did, I've forgotten πŸ˜• I apologize for the incorrect information 😊
MystieGypsy (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Miracles- πŸ˜• When I click on the "vote this comment up" icon it says "10+ posts required to vote". Maybe it's the site's way of telling me to quit lurking quietly and post comments more. πŸ˜‰
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
To all, this has felt so rewarding. Getting this into the open. If you have followed my afterthoughts I mentioned we still have that land.
As I pack and ready for another trip to the State's western wilderness, please know I will return and contribute again.
I am becoming fond of you all at YGS, I may tell of other events when my life slows down a little.
My Best,
Jan
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
So glad to see this one up Msforgetmenott. I'm with Tweed on this one. Goats seem to have it to. I have a goat farm and at one point had well over 200 goats. (hence the name, babygoatpuller). πŸ˜† They would get very skittish when a thunderstorm was about to roll through.

I also see it in nature. Ants will build mounds around their holes or "march" in a straight line. Some of the plants react by closing up their flowers or curl under their leaves. Birds will sit on the outside branches of a tree instead perching towards the middle. The cows around here will all face to the north during a storm. But that's probably just to keep the rain off their faces.

I'm certain that what you heard all three times was your guardian. As to who it could be shouldn't really matter, although I think you're probably on the right path with your grandmother, as long as you're thankful, and you are. ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
MystieGypsy - you should be able to vote up, or down, regardless how long you've been a member and/or how many comments you've made πŸ˜• Unless they've changed how this works.
MystieGypsy (15 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
I would vote Tweed's comment up if I could, but, alas I do not have enough posts under my belt yet. 😊

I have heard of animals that behave differently before earthquakes, so why not lightening too? Maybe this explains why I've rarely heard of cows being struck and killed by lightening.

Just a thought, but perhaps you are more in-tune with your primitive side (please don't take that the wrong way!)? In all three of your experiences you described events where I believe some animals "could" sense danger. Your experience with the paneling catching on fire could have been picked up by you unconsciously through smell, sound, or something else (I want to say a disturbance within the Force but I don't want to sound too much like a Star Wars nerd).

Anyway, whether it was your guardian, ancestor, intuition, or some unknown warning system, you are indeed lucky to be alive and I enjoyed reading all three of your experiences. ❀
Hecate0 (4 stories) (418 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Msforgetmenott, I am just catching up on the rest of your stories. I am originally from New Hampshire, so can relate to your geography. Your stories are so beautifully written. I think I read someone else hoping you do some writing.

Have you ever had another life threatening experience? I wonder if you not hearing the voice again is simply that it was not needed. And hopefully never will be... 😊

Really great stories. There comes a sense of peace from knowing we have protectors.

Best,
Hecate
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-04)
Msforgetmenott, so glad to see this in the list of stories. 😊
I have a theory about the cows sensing the lightening. It's linked to a primal part in (we guess) some dinosaurs and also (recently studied) elephants. Elephants can sense storms and detect the slightest movement in the ground as well as hearing very low frequencies. We're talking hearing and feeling ground movement from miles and miles away. When they detect a vibrational or sonic change elephants will become jumpy, agitated, or simply start walking in unison a calm manner, whichever the situation calls for. If elephants can detect subtle changes from miles away, they can also detect just as subtle changes at close range; air pressure, static build up, water vapour and other molecules.
As elephants are herd animals I wonder if other animals, including cows, also possess a similar ability. This *might* explain how they knew.

I have another pleasant chill from reading about your magical protector. Thank you! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: